Very sore from 2nd day doing 30DS. Should I continue with da

Options

Replies

• tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Where does it say it needs to be consecutive or not? I need this information ASAP. Thanks
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I am NO expert, but I would keep going.
    Often when I am very sore working out makes me feel much better.
    I am doing Ripped in 30 and took a rest day, not from being to sore, but because I was so tired I couldnt lift my arms. That was on day 6 of week 2.
    If your sore, then it is working :)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    first two days i could barely move, day three was the worst of it, day 4 im so much better feelin
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I think JM recommends doing 6 days a week and taking one rest day.
  • kristi_asco
    Options
    i just did my second day as well and i'm beat now!! haha but i think we should stick with it !
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    keep going...it gets easier and easier!! You can do it...hang in there! :)
  • sarvissa
    sarvissa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Like most are saying, Day 4 is the magic day. If you can make it to that day and beyond, you are golden.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    I kept going - and by day 3 couldn't feel anything anymore. Then in level 2 I was sore all over again.

That being said, you should take a break if you're super sore - don't pull anything and hurt yourself!
  • MrsJessicaGalvin
    Options
    I don't think it does say that you have to do it consecutive. But think about it....If you don't do it for that day then you cheated yourself. You can do this!!!! :wink:
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I was really sore on days 2-3, but it gets better after that. I just pushed through the muscle soreness Also, whey protein right after doing the exercise will help a ton with replenishing your muscles, and they won't be as sore. I use Body Fortress whey protein from Walmart. It's fairly priced and seriously makes such a difference.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I was so sore, they were making fun of me at work for the way I was walking LOL. I pushed through it and it did get better by day 4. You can do it!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 1 and I'm feeling so much better! Just modify it to suit you! I'm glad I didn't take breaks! it gets worse before it gets better! day 4 will feel better then day 3 ect ect..:drinker:

I totally agree. I just did day 5, and I'm finally starting to feel less sore. I didn't take any days off, I just tried to push through it as best as I could! Good luck!
  • MrsJessicaGalvin
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more. I've been putting it off all day...today is day 3 for me. This thread just motivated me enough to work past the pain. Tomorrow will be better....it's just gotta be. Right?
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Where does it say it needs to be consecutive or not? I need this information ASAP. Thanks

Another MFP member e-mailed a JM rep & asked this question. She posted e-mail she got in return, it says it is meant to be done consecutively.
    Whatever it was MEANT to be doesn't really matter, though. You're going to do what you want. So listen to your body and do it how you want to.
    I just have personally done & have friends that pushed through, & I recommend that because the soreness only lasts a few days and then you'll feel fine.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I WAYYY over did it the first day... so much i seriously couldn't even stand up. As long as you're not like that.. than push through it. After the first few minutes you'll get into the rhythm.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Take a break - it's not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Your muscles need to recover...

That is incorrect. It is meant to be done in 30 consecutive days.

Actually no, you are wrong.

Jillian Micheals herself has said it is not meant to be done 30 days in a row, you need time to recoup. 30 days is 30 days - if you do it every other day or once a week for 30 days it doesn't matter. You can do a day of 30DS and a day of Ripped in 30 and a day of 30ds... and still get the same results.. or alternate between 30ds and zumba, or 30ds and yoga or w/e you want.

To the OP, if you find it to hard to push through, take a day off and do something else or just have a rest day, and go back the next day. You do not want to injure yourself and set your progress back weeks.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Take a break - it's not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Your muscles need to recover...

That is incorrect. It is meant to be done in 30 consecutive days.

I think if it works for you to do it 30 days straight then great, do it. Listen to your body and it will tell you when you need a break. I do it Sunday-Wednesday, take Thursday off, then do it Friday and take Saturday off. That is what works for me...may not work for everyone.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am definitely sore again in level 2 (obviously working different muscles), but not nearly as sore as the beginning of level one. I can do this! And so can you!
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I started it on Friday. I went in thinking this will be a piece of cake and was swiftly humbled. It's only 25 minutes or so, but nothing like the 30 minutes I've been doing on the elliptical. You work many different areas. I was begging for mercy after just 9 minutes....and then she wants more jumping jacks!!! :noway:

Even though she keeps saying things like, "okay ladies," I'm going to do day five when I get home from work, I can't wait! :happy:
  • countdowntotarget
    countdowntotarget Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Keep Pushing - unless it is REALLY sore - its one of those 'it gets worse before it gets better' things - its DOMS (Delayed onset Muscle Soreness) usually sets in day or two after intense workout - just the shock on the muscles - they will loosen up and it will ease up :)