Very sore from 2nd day doing 30DS. Should I continue with da

Options

Replies

• Larswife
    Options
    Where does it say it needs to be consecutive or not? I need this information ASAP. Thanks

Set aside a time of about 30 minutes each day to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout. You really need to do the program EVERY SINGLE DAY for results. It's very difficult in the beginning because you will be so sore, it will hurt to live. Jillian says work through the pain. Do not stop or wait until the soreness subsides, and you will be amazed at the change in your body in just a week.

Read more: How to Do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html#ixzz1n3Rt9HEg
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Push through. I did all the levels/workouts in 31 days (had to miss a day due to travel)
  • MrsNgounda
    Options
    Hello I'm new to this site and I'm trying to loose like 58lbs. I see you guys talking about this 30DS. What is that?
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    not if you go on her website - she says rest 2 says a week.
  • staceyshayden
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a workout video that takes 25 minutes on Level 1 and you do it dor 30 days. I do it with weights its a good workout you really feel it the next day.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was so sore, they were making fun of me at work for the way I was walking LOL. I pushed through it and it did get better by day 4. You can do it!

Its the same here at work. They are all laughing at me.
  • mustangmama3
    mustangmama3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just continue! Im on day 4 and its getting better!
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I just want to add, you don't have to do it as intensely as you did the first couple of days. You can still do it, just don't over-strain if you're sore. That's what I did. Your muscles will adapt quickly if you stick to it, and I don't think it really matters if it's meant to be consecutive or not, but you get faster results by doing it consecutively than if you were to skip days.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Take a break - it's not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Your muscles need to recover...

That is incorrect. It is meant to be done in 30 consecutive days.

Actually no, you are wrong.

Jillian Micheals herself has said it is not meant to be done 30 days in a row, you need time to recoup. 30 days is 30 days - if you do it every other day or once a week for 30 days it doesn't matter. You can do a day of 30DS and a day of Ripped in 30 and a day of 30ds... and still get the same results.. or alternate between 30ds and zumba, or 30ds and yoga or w/e you want.

To the OP, if you find it to hard to push through, take a day off and do something else or just have a rest day, and go back the next day. You do not want to injure yourself and set your progress back weeks.

Where did she say this? Because like I said earlier, one of HER reps sent an e-mail saying the opposite so I wouldn't mind seeing where JM says that?

Also, if you re-read what I wrote, I said it is MEANT to be done consecutively. I NEVER said that you would not get any results if you didn't do it that way. So please , do not put words into my mouth. Thanks.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Take a break - it's not meant to do in 30 consecutive days...Your muscles need to recover...

That is incorrect. It is meant to be done in 30 consecutive days.

I think if it works for you to do it 30 days straight then great, do it. Listen to your body and it will tell you when you need a break. I do it Sunday-Wednesday, take Thursday off, then do it Friday and take Saturday off. That is what works for me...may not work for everyone.

Please refer to my second post. I said to listen to your body and do what you want. I have never said you have to do the program a certain way, only how it was "meant" to be done according to JM rep. Thanks.
  • Amybethjohnson
    Options
    Keep going. Make sure you drink lots of water and take one day of rest. On your rest day, so some easy warmups and stretch a little. That can help ease the soreness. some.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    with 30 DS you can keep going. You'll feel better afterwards. If you are still sore from weight training you need to rest. But 30 DS it's fine to keep going. I do suggest not going all 30 days in a row though. Take a break somewhere in there whether it be a day or two.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Where does it say it needs to be consecutive or not? I need this information ASAP. Thanks

Set aside a time of about 30 minutes each day to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred workout. You really need to do the program EVERY SINGLE DAY for results. It's very difficult in the beginning because you will be so sore, it will hurt to live. Jillian says work through the pain. Do not stop or wait until the soreness subsides, and you will be amazed at the change in your body in just a week.

Read more: How to Do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5363883_do-jillian-michaels-day-shred.html#ixzz1n3Rt9HEg

Thanks for this information. I will do it every single day for 30 days. I am not a quitter.
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of Level 2...I say go for it! I was sore the first 2-3 days, but it gets easier & your body gets accustomes to it. If you wait a day or 2 for your body to stop being sore, then it's just gonna be sore again after you do it the next time. Are you gonna take a day or 2 off everytime you do it? I think you'll get better results if you just push through it & do one rest day a week.
  • claremillerphoto
    claremillerphoto Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've just done day 2 also - & also very sore so wondering the same thing! Think I will keep going as I know once I give myself an excuse to stop I will lose momentum!
  • mollyonamission
    mollyonamission Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 and my legs are sore but I'm gonna keep going
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I just finished on Saturday and did it straight through taking Sundays off. I was so sore by day 3 that I could not even sit on the toilet without my thighs being in pain! But by day 5 or so it will go away and you will be able to push on! I had great results. 14lbs lost and 13.5inches! I hope you get fantastic results!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4, and its the first day I didnt feel like dieing and first day I woke up an the pain was min.
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hello,

To all the many people who did the 30DS or any other major workout, did you take a break while you were sore or just continued? I am so sore right now but I am not sure if I should continue or wait until I heal.

Thanks

I was SO sore after Day 2! I continued on and by Day 4 or 5 I was fine. Try and continue, but don't feel bad if you need to take a break. Just try it and see. Make sure you warm up sufficiently, and take it easy if you need to. Cooling down is vital also, stretch for longer than the DVD if you like. Best of luck :)
  • MrsBraxton08
    MrsBraxton08 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was so glad to see this post. I also just completely day two of level one and I am soo sore!! I am going to try to keep pushing through though because I really want the best results I can get. I just really hope it does start to get easier soon.