Greek Yogurt: How do you like it?

Options
So today I decided to buy Oikos Greek Plain Yogurt to try.

I did not like it plain, that was so gross. I put pureed fresh raspberries in it with a packet of Truvia and found that I liked it that way. But it still needs something.

So I wanted to know how you like it?

Replies

• CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So today I decided to buy Oikos Greek Plain Yogurt to try.

I did not like it plain, that was so gross. I put pureed fresh raspberries in it with a packet of Truvia and found that I liked it that way. But it still needs something.

So I wanted to know how you like it?

My bf tried to get me plain but got me "prune" lol. I gotta say though it wasn't bad.
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Pomegranite Chobani is my favorite! I love it!
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been throwing it in the blender with some almond milk, frozen blueberries, and a banana to make a smoothie....it's delicious. I also use it as a sour cream substitute on soups, soft tacos, etc. It's also good as a parfait with fruit and some cereal.
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    to be honest i dont get the plain it is good to use as a substitute for like sour cream in dips and stuff but other then that i get chobani and i love the pineapple one. im sure that you could put pineapple in the plain and it might be good too
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it either. Chobani was slightly better but neither one was worth the calories.
  • rozeltf
    rozeltf Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just had greek yogurt for first time today, Chobani vanilla mixed with blueberries - very good!
  • truecountrygirl
    truecountrygirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    it isnt so much the calories its the protein that is in it that i like greek yogart
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like it with a tea spoon of honey or maple syrup & a tb spoon of roasted pumpkin seeds. I also like it with fresh cut up strawberries, blueberries or I add this Indian spice mix called Chat Masala to plain yogurt & its delicious.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It took a bit of getting used to and I like the Oikos slightly better than Chobani.... but I've gotten used to it and I love the huge increase in protein over "regular" yogurt so that the Oikos is all I eat now....but I go for the fat-free blueberry - it is pretty decent! It just took a bit of getting used to....like brown and wild rice took some adjustment....not eating potatoes.....skim milk over whole.... They are still all changes that were worth it, for me personally.
  • KrystleZia
    Options
    I use Fage 0. When I want dessert, I mix it with truvia and imitation coconut extract. When I want it with something savory, like substituting for sour cream or mayo, I mix it with raw grated garlic and some kind of dip powder (especially bacon flavored).
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I had some on top of chopped up pineapple today, and it was delicious.
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I like Liberte plain greek yogurt. I will have it either plain, or add berries, or manitoba's hemp heart seeds. I love the fact it is fat free, with little sugar and 18g of protein in one serving. My boyfriend will make a smoothie with it, it is tart at first but you do get used to it. I enjoy the flavor ones as well but with the extra grams of sugar I feel that it just isn't worth it.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i like it. i can't do it plain though. i add cottage cheese and pureed fruit ( like raspberries). no other additional sweeteners though. another good one is honey, and crushed walnuts.
  • skinnyme4731
    skinnyme4731 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The Oikos with fruit on the bottom is awesome! I tried the black cherry today. The BEST!
  • swthrtsmrf
    Options
    Thank you all for telling me how you like it! The ideas all sound so good!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt, with salsa makes a wonderful dip, also in place of mayo in tuna sandwiches, and in recipes, for liquid./with fruit etc in smoothies and just like sour cream on baked potatoes and on Mexican food.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Stir in 1 heaping scoop of whey protein. Choose a flavor of whey that makes sense for the yogurt. Stir until smooth, Add something else to it that fits.

Examples:

Plain Greek Yogurt + ON Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein + Frozen mixed berries.

or

Plain Greek Yogurt + ON Chocolate Malt Whey Protein + 1-2 Tbsp Nut Butter.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I mix plain greek yogurt with 1 scoop chocolate whey protein and a little sugar. Tastes like chocolate pudding. I like it!
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I HATE IT!!! But it's not too bad if you add some honey... Ok... A lot of honey LOL... just kidding..

But it does work great as a sour cream replacement!!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Sounds boring, but I love my Cabot Greek 10% plain or mixed in with salsa... that's my favorite way to eat it. But I LOVE Chobani Apple Cinnamon late at night before bed with about 10 almonds mixed in and extra cinnamon.