Greek Yogurt: How do you like it?

Options

Replies

• laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don't buy the flavors because I want to control the sugar content. I use it as a sub for sour cream, and also in smoothies, but I love to eat it with fruit. Fage is my favorite. Usually less than a teaspoon of agave is enough for me. So berries, a drizzle of agave and I like to top it with trader joe's fiber cereal too. In the summer, it is awesome with ripe peaches.
  • kittyninja
    Options
    If it's plain I love to add a packet of stevia, some cinnamon and sliced banana or berries.
    The flavored ones are awesome, too. I like adding mixed nuts to those :)
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    a packet of stevia and a tablespoon of peanut butter or nutella. Yummmm!
    Or stevia and fresh fruit. Sometimes honey. Use it as sour cream.
    I pretty much love it!
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    The only way I like Greek Yogurt is in the garbage can. YUCK!
  • mkreids
    Options
    Are you kidding me?! Mixing in the fruit on the bottom and eating it slow is just incredible!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I just bought a big container of it and I'm going to make a big batch of smoothies with a little OJ and lots of frozen fruit and freeze it all in little cups.
  • clkiner
    Options
    Nostimo Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom is awesome. It is creamy and just delicious.
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    I love all Greek yogurt, but right now my favorite is Chobani Champions. They're the ones made for kids, small 4 oz portions that come in some yummy flavors.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Love it... but I don't buy the plain. Vanilla, Honey, Fruit on the Bottom... the only brand we can get is Oikos so I'm a little limited, but I like it WAY better than the fat-free gelatin-filled yogurts. :smile:

I may just have to get a tub of the plain tomorrow and try some of these dip ideas, though!!!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do the plain with peanut butter and dip apples or bananas in it for lunch alot. Or the Yoplait honey vanilla is great with the peanut butter or PB2 if you want to save the calories/fat. Yum! I had that for lunch today actually.
  • hoileh10
    hoileh10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love it but i really dislike super sugary yogurt like yoplait to begin with. I love the honey nonfat greek yogurt (most brands are good that i've tried!). It's weird, i never thought I would like it, but i had a sample once somewhere and it's definitely the best.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Oikos Blueberry with fruit on the bottom.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite ...

Fage 0% nonfat Greek Yogurt ... I add the following :

A pinch of fresh ginger
    1 tsp natural mountain honey
    ½ cup fresh blueberries
    2 large strawberries
    ¼ cup of Special K Granola

I call it my " Breakfast for a Champion "

I actually eat this 95% of the time ! I LOVE IT. I do sometimes change from Fage to Chobani .. depends on the sale. LOL.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I use chobani plain and mix a 1/2 a packet of 4c wild berry pomegrante in it (the packets you mix into a water bottle)
    Love it! I hear crystal light is good also but haven't tried that yet
  • indisguise
    Options
    I don't like plain yogurt of any kind - it's too sour for me (which is weird cuz I dig lemons). I like Greek yogurt and buy the flavored ones.
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Holly092
    Holly092 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    With honey and cornflakes!!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I mix plain greek yogurt with 1 scoop chocolate whey protein and a little sugar. Tastes like chocolate pudding. I like it!

Got to try this!!!
  • crysmcd1
    Options
    i typically get whatever is on sale, always get plain. prefer fage and chobani. for breakfast i add peak pure protein granola and a tbsp of sugar free jam. yum. in the evening, as a snack i'll add a tsp of sugar free/fat free pudding mix (cheesecake flavor) and then add a few chopped up almonds. perfect snack!
  • PurplePookie
    PurplePookie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I mix it in with flavoured yogurt in order to cut the amount of sugar. I also use it as a mayo/sour cream substitute.