Greek Yogurt: How do you like it?

Options

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I mix a scoop of whey protein in plain greek yogurt also. :)
  • gleechick609
    Options
    I buy Wegman's greek yogurt in their flavors (vanilla, honey, peach, strawberry and blueberry). I slice a banana and top it off with Kashi go lean cereal or Trader Joe's High Fiber Medley cereal. Yum!
  • MsBandtastic
    Options
    I use SF Torani syrup, sometimes add some fresh fruit or 1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal to add crunch.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have yet to get the courage up to try any greek yogurt. LOL...hubby eats it quite often (almost every day) for breakfast. I've heard so many bad things about how it tastes, so I've steered away from it. These ideas though....I might just try it! And I LOVE my sour cream so if this is a good substitute, we're in business ;)
  • With some cut out fruits bananas or apples + some cinnamon. Berries + some vanilla extract. Jam only made on berries (without sugar) mixed in with it. You can put half greek yogurt, half "normal" flavored yogurt if you want a different consistency.
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I mix in my protein powder (vanilla) and add a dollop of peanut butter (I use the kind that you can grind yourself at Hy Vee--fun!) and a sprinkle of dark choc. chips. Good stuff!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i can't eat greek yogurt at work anymore. why? because their is a greek guy there, and he just won't shut up about how good greek yogurt is, and how its the best, and greek food is the best, and greeks are the best, and how they did this and how they are better at that.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I like to freeze it

Orrr I like to add 1/2 T of almond butter and 1/2 T flax seeds
  • New_Atti2ude
    New_Atti2ude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it either. Chobani was slightly better but neither one was worth the calories.

I agree. I tried both and didn't like either.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    saw someone post on a thread that they mix in a tablespoon of natural peanut butter to the plain...haven't tried it but think it sounds yummy!
  • nikkisa10
    nikkisa10 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it at first but I do now. I do add Truvia & fruit but sometimes I use it in a smoothie or I'll add hidden valley ranch packets and use it as a dip with veggies or use in place of sour cream....
  • atabt
    atabt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    buuump!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I put frozen berries on the botom top it with yoghurt and by lunchtime its defrosted and you jsut stir it all up...but for me I love sour stuff it might be too bitter for your liking.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I like the Chobani yogurts with the fruit in it and I will usually add some of Whole Foods Berry Flax Protein cereal. In the Chobani vanilla, I will add a tablespoon of peanut butter and a half table spoon of sugar free chocolate syrup.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Almost didn't even bother to post because I figured it had been done already but I like to mix granola in with it and it's pretty good.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I eat the flavored Yoplait Greek yogurt and find it of a thicker consistency than the Oikos plain Greek yogurt. I can't seem to find flavored Oikos yogurt here (of course I'm not even sure they make it) so I now use it as a veggie dip that I put in some ranch dip mix into. It's a much healthier option then actual ranch dip/dressing because it has fewer calories, less fat and a ton more protein.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i only like greek yoghurt as garlic sauce (tzatziki)
  • swood0114
    Options
    Oh my goodness I could not have noticed this thread at a better time. I've been ranting and raving about greek yogurt all night on my profile (I'm obsessed.) I use oikos 0% organic. Oh and I use splenda as my sweetener, but feel free to use whatever sweetener you like (real sugar, stevia, agave, honey etc!)

1. One cup of yogurt with splenda and vanilla extract to taste topped with a cup of kashi go lean for a meal! Add some fruit if you're feeling it.

2. 1/2 cup yogurt with splenda, vanilla, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and a little water to keep it from getting too thick topped with some whipped cream :)

3. Deviled eggs: remove the yolk of an egg and mix it with 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, some mustard, pickles, and salt and pepper for a great snack of 78 calories! I'm making egg salad with it for lunch tomorrow.

4. Mixed with splenda, cinnamon, and blueberries.

5. Mixed with splenda, vanilla, and sliced bananas.

6. Mix 1/4 cup with about 1/2 teaspoon of ranch dip mix or onion dip mix and eat it with your favorite veggies! I did that today and it was a great feeling to inhale dip guilt free ;)

7. I've also found that you can substitute it into recipes instead of using oil.. like in muffins and even cupcakes! I can get you the recipes if you need. I'm going to try using it in cookies this weekend instead of butter.

8. On pancakes or eggo fiber waffles topped with some sugarfree (or not) maple syrup.

9. Mixed with apple sauce.

10. Swirled with chocolate syrup.

I have plenty more uses where these came from ;)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I do not buy flavored yogurt. I eat it plain, love the sour flavor. I cook with it, bake with it or may add protein or frozen berries to it at best.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    So today I decided to buy Oikos Greek Plain Yogurt to try.

I did not like it plain, that was so gross. I put pureed fresh raspberries in it with a packet of Truvia and found that I liked it that way. But it still needs something.

So I wanted to know how you like it?

I don't like the Oikos yogurt at all, even the flavored kind. Fage and Chobani are my two favorite Greek yogurts.