Getting back at someone

Options

Replies

• ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    Options
    Succeeded where they said I could only fail.

^^^
    What she said
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What's the best (or I could say worst) thing you've done to get back at someone? I egged my ex's car :laugh: I know it was childish & wrong, so please, spare me the lectures. But it was so gratifying & it felt awsome! So what's your's?

Typical 19 y/o action.

Well I was going to make it barbeque sauce instead of eggs. But a friend & I had made jokes about that on facebook, so he would've known it was me. Sorry for my unoriginallity :ohwell:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Not really exciting but when I was a kid, my father had this nasty habit of taking food off my plate in restaurants without asking me but if I tried doing it back just to make it even he yelled at me. It always made me mad because he wasn't just taking a bit of a bite or portion "to sample" like he always said, he would literally take half my food. When I was about 13 he tried it one Sunday afternoon when my mother was with us (they were divorced) and the minute his hand came at my plate I stabbed the back of his hand with my fork. Not badly, but enough to break skin and leave a mark.

I also liked deleting programs off his computer because he always blamed me for putting viruses on it when he was the one running P2P programs like Bearshare and other things that let you download music or movies illegally that ultimately gave you viruses with them. I hated my father, so. (and before anyone says "you shouldn't hate your parents" the man earned my hatred through more serious matters than him being a jerkwad)
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Long story short. This guy..thought it a good idea to take advantage of me (and yes, it is probably what you are thinking) So...I smashed his living room storm door with a lawn chair, marched into his room while he was at work, found his dead grand mothers wedding ring, and flushed it. He is lucky I didn't do worse.
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    What's the best (or I could say worst) thing you've done to get back at someone? I egged my ex's car :laugh: I know it was childish & wrong, so please, spare me the lectures. But it was so gratifying & it felt awsome! So what's your's?
    Not sure where you live but if you do that when temps are freezing it also removes the paint - BONUS!!

Mine -28 years told my then Hubby I forgave him for punching me in the face. I stayed 6 more months, transfered our assets into my name and got him to sign off on it when he was blind drunk. Then left!!!
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    There are two that I can think of that still crack me up. In college, one of my friends thought it was funny to hide dead mice in my shoes, my spare jeans (both in my locker), my toolbox, etc. This went on for months. Finally, I found the tiniest glitter I could and put it in the vents of his car and turned the knob for the air all the way up. As soon as he started his car, POOF! We now work together again and he still has no idea it was me. Haha.

The other one was when I was in high school. It was on the last day of the season at the pool and all the guy lifeguards decided to play "throw the manager in the pool". My mandatory radio was on my hip and we all kept getting told how expensive they were, so I was in deep *kitten*. When they were all up in their chairs, I stole all of their boxers from their lockers, soaked them in the sink and threw them in the empty deep freezer. Eight hours later... Needless to say, they were all driving home "commando" that night.

Childish? More than likely. Fun as hell? Yes. :smile:
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

Typical 19 y/o action.

Well I was going to make it barbeque sauce instead of eggs. But a friend & I had made jokes about that on facebook, so he would've known it was me. Sorry for my unoriginallity :ohwell:
    Meh...I would never worry about making people happy here. If they don't like it...F 'em.
  • saragato
    Options

Typical 19 y/o action.

Plus eggs are ultimately the best revenge when it comes to ruining a car. If left to dry they can't be scraped or cleaned off and can literally bake into the paint. Course I think that's only when left there for a few days to a week, but still.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Live well.
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    I didn't actually follow through with this, but it was a brilliant idea.

My roommate had two cats, and she AND they were both driving me absolutely mad.

So I had the thought of mixing concentrated catnip "tea"/"extract" into her shampoo and conditioner. Since the cats slept in the bedroom with her.

*sigh*.... missed opportunities.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I had this done to me by some friends, but I thought it was funny so I'll share: in college, my friends switched my dorm room door with the swinging door from the bathroom across the hall.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Wish I had the guts to do some of this stuff but I was too terrified of my ex being able to prove it was me and taking my kids away.

He did get a great dose of karma though...

The woman he had an affair with (and has been dating since I threw him out) apparently treats him terribly and makes his life a nightmare. Added bonus is that he moved to Texas (I'm in Idaho) so he's nice and far away. :devil: His other ex-wife and I find this to be very sweet justice since he put us both through so much misery. :drinker:

He just came up to visit the kids last week and I had the added bonus of shocking him with how much weight I've lost while he's gained even more. :bigsmile:
  • FauxNinja
    Options
    I had a boss in the 70's. One day I was leaving for lunch and ran into her daughter in the lobby. Started talking to her. She was meeting her mom, my boss, for lunch. For her birthday. Turned out to be my birthday too. We talked for a few minutes and then they left.

When they got back from lunch, I asked my boss if she would mind if I asked her daughter out. She said that would be fine. So I did. It was hot and furious for a couple months and then just died off. No one really broke up, we just lost interest. Anyway, she started dating others, met a guy, got pregnant and then the guy dumped her.

From the time we broke up, her mom, my boss, blamed me for everything bad that happened in her life. Became a real b*tch and my job became very stressful.

So, heres the sh*ttiest thing I ever did. For several years, I would go into my boss's office every morning before she got in and put this chemical in her favborite potted plant. It would start to wilt and leaves would start to fall off. Eventually, she would take it home and nurture it back to health. Every time it got healthy again, she would bring it back to work again. And I would start poisoning it again. This cycle continued for about 6 years.

I wonder if, after I left the company and her plant rebounded and never got sick again, she ever put two and two together.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I know that our success is the best revenge blah blah blah, but whenever I hear that i think of:

Frasier: You know the expression, Living well is the best revenge?

Niles: It's a wonderful expression. I just don't know how true it is. You don't see it turning up in a lot of opera plots. Ludwig, maddened by the poisoning of his entire family, wreaks vengeance on Gunther in the third act by living well.

Frasier: All right, Niles.

Niles: Whereupon Woton, upon discovering his deception, wreaks vengeance on Gunther in the third act again by living even better than the Duke.

Frasier: Oh, all right!

Hah! Nice. Could be said of all Shakespeare too. :wink: What's a Shakespeare drama if everyone doesn't die in the end?
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    I finally was able to quit a job, where my boss and the general manager tried everything to get me to quit...if going home feeling worthless and crying everyday wasn't enough, suspending me without pay for previously violating a rule they literally put into effect that day was the last straw. After quitting, my now husband signed my boss's work email address up for every adult site he could find on the internet. :)
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    2 stories.. neither of which were me, just associates....

1. when her husband cheated on her, she filled his shampoo bottle with NAIR. it worked....

2. my son is a tattoo artist and one of his fellow co workers found out his girlfriend had slept with his best friend. the next day he offered to tattoo the small of her back, but did not indicate that he knew about the cheating. she is now wearing on her back a sketch of a pile of S**T with hovering flies. true story, law suit filed. .......
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I blew up someones fully restored 1968 Corvette.

Literally blew it up.

Why? I'd like to find out the reason before I decide if I'm impressed or appalled :)

Next door neighbor and local bully who picked on me unmercifully for years. Culminated in him killing my cat in a rather horrific manner.

No one was injured and no damage other then the car (interior totally destroyed, blew the engine apart and off its mounts, completely severed right front tire and cut the front axle in half).

This happened well over 25 years ago- since then I have read in the local papers through the years his constant arrest for domestic violence, drunk and disorderly, DUI, etc. All in all not a nice person.
    Killed your cat? He got off easy.

What's sad is that if the police got involved, you would be punished worse for the car.

no, whats sad is he hurt an innocent car. :(

no what's sad is you talk about being above revenge and all that uppity crap but yet you can't turn your cheek far enough to get yourself out of this thread. Screw a stupid car if someone did something to an animal I consider family they would be worrying about me ruining their life not their car. Now you can just turn your other cheek and try your best to leave this thread your uppity morals are in the wrong place and definitely off balance.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    There are two that I can think of that still crack me up. In college, one of my friends thought it was funny to hide dead mice in my shoes, my spare jeans (both in my locker), my toolbox, etc. This went on for months. Finally, I found the tiniest glitter I could and put it in the vents of his car and turned the knob for the air all the way up. As soon as he started his car, POOF! We now work together again and he still has no idea it was me. Haha.

The other one was when I was in high school. It was on the last day of the season at the pool and all the guy lifeguards decided to play "throw the manager in the pool". My mandatory radio was on my hip and we all kept getting told how expensive they were, so I was in deep *kitten*. When they were all up in their chairs, I stole all of their boxers from their lockers, soaked them in the sink and threw them in the empty deep freezer. Eight hours later... Needless to say, they were all driving home "commando" that night.

Childish? More than likely. Fun as hell? Yes. :smile:

You're awsome :smile:

And so is everyone that's supporting my egging lol
  • saragato
    Options
    I blew up someones fully restored 1968 Corvette.

Literally blew it up.

Why? I'd like to find out the reason before I decide if I'm impressed or appalled :)

Next door neighbor and local bully who picked on me unmercifully for years. Culminated in him killing my cat in a rather horrific manner.

No one was injured and no damage other then the car (interior totally destroyed, blew the engine apart and off its mounts, completely severed right front tire and cut the front axle in half).

This happened well over 25 years ago- since then I have read in the local papers through the years his constant arrest for domestic violence, drunk and disorderly, DUI, etc. All in all not a nice person.
    Killed your cat? He got off easy.

What's sad is that if the police got involved, you would be punished worse for the car.

no, whats sad is he hurt an innocent car. :(

no what's sad is you talk about being above revenge and all that uppity crap but yet you can't turn your cheek far enough to get yourself out of this thread. Screw a stupid car if someone did something to an animal I consider family they would be worrying about me ruining their life not their car. Now you can just turn your other cheek and try your best to leave this thread your uppity morals are in the wrong place and definitely off balance.

Seconding that. If someone ever harmed any of my cats I could guarantee something jail-worthy as revenge. A car is more replaceable than a life, even a pet's.