What healthy peanut butter do you use?

Options

Replies

• CristinaWeena
    Options
    Trader Joe's Crunchy Salted Peanut Butter is the best natural peanut butter I have had the pleasure to come across. I do not care for the unsalted variety. The smooth is good, but not as amazing as the crunchy.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I would marry Teddie Natural Super Chunky if I could.

Just sayin.

get in line! just kidding...but I do love Teddy too!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Smuckers natural creamy peanut butter. Only ingredients are peanuts and a little salt. It's my favorite by far. I eat it every day
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Peter Pan Whipped Low-Sugar brand..... it's delicious, light and taste like peanut butter! It is also in the MFP database. Below is nutrition for 1 tablespoon.

Calories 75
    Sodium 53 mg
    Total Fat 6 g
    Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 1 g
    Total Carbs 3 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Dietary Fiber 1 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Trans 0 g
    Protein 3 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0%
    Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Iron 1%
  • MarieAnneN
    Options
    Honestly, best peanutty taste ever is to just make your own. It takes no time in one of those little blender thingies and the intense flavour is unreal. :)

Dumb question: how do you make it? Just dump some unsalted peanut in the blender?
    Real answer: Yes. It's really that simple.

Thanks! :-)
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Dreams by the Peanut Butter Factory - yes it has more sugar than traditional peanut butter, but it lower fat, sodium, and it has chocolate - so yes, that.
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WHERE CAN I GET THIS PB2? I WENT TO WHOLEFOODS AND COULDN'T FIND ANY?
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Honestly, best peanutty taste ever is to just make your own. It takes no time in one of those little blender thingies and the intense flavour is unreal. :)

Dumb question: how do you make it? Just dump some unsalted peanut in the blender?
    Real answer: Yes. It's really that simple.

As for people using PB2, or any low fat peanut butter, I just have to ask, why? The fat is the healthiest part of the peanut and peanut butter. It's a great source of healthy fats that we need. Full fat, full calorie peanut butter is 1000x's healthier than any powder or low fat processed junk.

For me, I eat both (50% of the time 100% natural, 50% of the time better'n) because peanut butter is probably my food obsession #1. It's hard to not eat a ton of calories when you love peanut butter and eat it as a snack. I can eat 10 tablespoons regular peanut butter no problem...then I'm 900 calories gone!
  • lovinmysoldier
    lovinmysoldier Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have PB2, don't think it's very tasty on it's own but mixed with things I think it's good.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use Adam's all natural organic. It is just peanuts and salt and it is really cheap. I can buy it in bulk from Costco.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love PB2, but have to order it online, so if I'm out I use Adam's.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I use Whole Earth Original Crunchy Peanut Butter, it's lovely.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Adam's crunchy...or I just blend my own at the store :) mara natha raw almond butter is my special treatment :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    WHERE CAN I GET THIS PB2? I WENT TO WHOLEFOODS AND COULDN'T FIND ANY?

I bought mine off of Amazon. But you can buy it directly from Bell Plantation (the makers of it), Ebay, Amazon and netrition.com (I'm sure there's more but these are the ones that I know of).
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Trader Joes Almond Butter Creamy with Sea Salt!!!! Its AMAZING on celery. <3
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wish they did low cal peanut butter!!!!!

They do!! Better'n Peanut Butter is 100 calories for 2 Tablespoons and is sooo good!!
  • missmcgirt
    Options
    PB2
    try it!!!!!
    you wont be sorry!!!! :D
    it's like making your own, but EASIER! and LESS FAT!!

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • rede2losemore
    Options
    PB2:smile:
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Favorite Brand: MARANATHA!!!!!

Favorite Varieties of MaraNatha Nut Butters:
    - Creamy Peanut Butter With Hint of Sea Salt
    - Almond Butter Creamy
    - Cashew Butter Creamy (absolute favorite!!!)
    - Dark Chocolate Almond Spread

For Smoothies/Protein Shakes: PB2!!!!!
  • skmclach
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a bunch of blended butters, I like the almond and flax seed one. They also have a lower fat one. Check the ingredient list and only buy the ones where you know what all the ingredients are (e.g. Nuts, salt)