Marla's First 5k-- I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Marla,
    You do rock! Congrats!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Great achievement, and a great time to boot! We knew you could do it!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    OH EM GEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I sooo loved reading about your accomplishment.
    I laughed, cried and SQUEALED!!!
    You are one awesome lady my dear.
    I am so very proud of you.

Yay you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bless your heart-- so did I-- and still am laughing, crying and squealing--

Thanks!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla, I am in tears b/c I am so bloody proud of you. *BIG HUGS* You are an inspiration to me & an excellent example to your children on so many levels other than running. GOOD JOB! :heart:

You remember this feeling & this day on those days when you are down on yourself. You have come so far & have become such a stronger person through this journey.

:heart:

I just :heart: :heart: you, young lady-- thanks so much!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla,
    You rock!!!!

106069_2200.jpg

Way to go!!!! We are all so proud of you. By the way... what a story!!! I am so proud of you for not giving up on the good habits or giving in to bad!!!! Diabetes is so dangerous. My father-in-law has it and so do some others in his family and in mine as well...

What an inspiration you are!!!

Love you hun,

Wanda

Love, right back Wanda-- thanks!!!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Kodos to you! How great that you did this . So many more are waiting to do just half of what you have achieved.

And every one of 'em can!!!

Thanks so much!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla,

I am sooooooooo proud of you. Your post made me laugh, cry and smile. I am proud to be on the BLACk Team with you. You are truly an inspiration to me. My first 5K in July won't get here fast enough now. I hope I am able to make you as proud of me as you made me.:heart:

Oh, my gosh-- you already have-- hearing about your C25k last month was another reason why I decided to start running again-- thanks so much!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to write that out for us!

Your post has been a blessing to me on this day....a day when I've really needed it.

And obviously you've been a bessing to others as well.

THANK YOU!

That's what this site is about-- and it is so awesome-- the blessings we all are to one another-- all of us strangers-- it's a wonderful thing-- have a great night-- !!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    wow marla soooo inspiring :)
    you ROCK!!!!!:smooched:

Xoxoxox -- you, too, Jackeh-- thanks so much!!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla - you rock..

I am so proud of you, I have tears rolling down my face.

Thanks for sharing this - it is truly inspirational.

Janie

ps, BTW - I never had any doubts - you are just that awesome

Thanks, Janie-- :heart: :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla,
    You do rock! Congrats!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Great achievement, and a great time to boot! We knew you could do it!

Thanks, runnerdad-- that's what was so cool-- today going into it, I knew I could, too-- so totally unbelievable-- what a great day--
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Great job! I want to run one and you just made me realize I can do it! You are an inspiration to many on here.
  • Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!! I am SOOO proud of you!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome. :flowerforyou:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Oh Marla, that's so wonderful! I can't even tell you how happy I am for you - not just because you ran a GREAT time for your first 5k (hell...for any 5k in my book!!!), but because you feel so good about yourself. Because you stepped out of your comfort zone. Because you took a chance. Because you've been making such positive steps in your life. You needed this, and I am so proud of you!
  • applepie
    applepie Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!! Congrats to you! What an accomplishment. So proud of you, and don't even know you! but know what a huge deal this is. Big high 5 to you! :happy:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,401 Member
    Options
    Marla! I was so excited to come back to the proud thread and see you had planned to run a 5K. And now to hear the history of your family, it makes it so sweet to hear of your accomplishment. How truly sweet for you! You rock with the push-up challenge, and now this; all the while being a working wife and mom to 9!!!!!
    Cheers and blessing to you, hear MFP friend :flowerforyou: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

(And I love the goose! I can't wait for the day my DH and I run a 5K together!)
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Congrats!!! Things I only dream of....:noway:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Mega Kudos!!! Awesome story and a great inspiration to all! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Congrats!!! Things I only dream of....:noway:

You hold the keys-- don't give up, ever-- one day at a time--
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,936 Member
    Options
    Marla - I am beaming from ear to ear with pride! I am so happy for you! I felt like I was running right beside you, cheering you on as you told your story. You won more than one uphill battle yesterday!

:drinker: Cheers to you my friend! :drinker:
    :heart: Kati
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!