Croc Pot Chicken Tacos

Options
snlperdue93
snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
I am making Crock pot Chicken tacos today and then will have the left overs for my lunch tomorrow. :)

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 package low sodium taco seasoning
1 - 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa

Mix all ingredients in the crock pot and cook for 6-8 ours on low (mine takes about 7 1/2 hours for chicken to be done). When the chicken is done it should shred easily with a fork.

Chicken mixture is about 130 calories.

I use La Tortilla Factory Large whole wheat tortillas that are low carb, high fiber (they have 80 calories, 3g fat, 18 carbs/12 fiber and 8g of protein per tortilla). Then you can add lettuce, fat free sour cream or what ever else you want to make it taste how you like it. My Taco's (1 big taco) normally comes out to about 250 calories and fills me up completely. Tonight I am going to add some fat free re-fried beans to mine to help up my calorie count a bit.

My kids love this meal and it is easy because you just toss and wait for it to be done.

Replies

• LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for an easy recipe like this. Thank you for sharing it. Going to make it this weekend!!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    i see this recipe all the time and I REALLY need to try it!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    easy + yummy = win win
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for an easy recipe like this. Thank you for sharing it. Going to make it this weekend!!

Anytime. I love this because it takes 5 minutes to toss everything in the crock-pot and then it just sits there all day until time to dish it out. Maybe another 5 minutes to shred the chicken and make the tacos and everyone is eating.

My kids actually beg for this meal, so it is a winner in my house.
  • Dgarn
    Dgarn Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for this easy recipe. I am going to try this tonight! Thanks again!
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    This sounds really good. Thanks, I am going to try it next week. I Love tacos and was looking for an easy way with not so many calories!
  • ajt917
    ajt917 Posts: 54
    Options
    oh how easy! and it sounds yummy! I will be trying this one soon!!! thanks :smile:
  • karilou76
    Options
    This sounds so good! I'm so going to try this. My family loves tacos!!
    Thanks, Kari
  • morningsun3112
    morningsun3112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great recipe. Does anyone know what the serving size of the chicken mixture is for the 130 calories?
  • Hubbafer
    Hubbafer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I make the EXACT one!! Making it tomorrow :)
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing with chicken and bbq sauce last weekend. Thought it would be a lower fat version of pulled pork. It worked out really well. I'm going to try this one this weekend. Thanks!
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bethannc
    bethannc Posts: 8
    Options
    I make this but add the juice of one lime. I am allergic to onions so instead of salsa I use 2 cans of Rotel.
  • Chunky_As_Charged
    Options
    Bump.
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    TY for posting; my son loves tacos. This sounds perfect!! :flowerforyou:
  • DavesKitten
    Options
    Awesome, thank you for the recipe. It sounds so good!! Can't wait to try it!
  • Kickinkim418
    Kickinkim418 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time! It is sooooo YUMMY!!!
  • Spudley64
    Spudley64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • McVizzle
    McVizzle Posts: 15
    Options
    These sound yummy! I will have to give them a try very soon. Thanks for sharing :)