HUMMUS! The sequel! ;)

Options

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Yum!! I was going to have something else for lunch, but might have to have something with hummus instead!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I need to buy some too - everytime I see these posts I crave it and forget to buy it.....

writing it down.....
    Must have HUMMUS!
  • gamerboi82
    Options
    I'm all about the Hannah Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Mild Jalapeno. I like spicy stuff, what can i say? Could probably go through a jar of pickled jalapenos by myself lol.
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I'm all about the Hannah Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with Mild Jalapeno. I like spicy stuff, what can i say? Could probably go through a jar of pickled jalapenos by myself lol.
    I love spicy too! I always say, when I go out for any kind of Thai or Asian food, if there isn't a little red chili pepper next to the menu item, I don't bother!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Having a snack cup of Sabra roasted red pepper with pretzel crisps for lunch!!!! mmmmmmm
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm roasting garlic to make more hummus!

Wanda, did you want a hummus recipe? I'll post one in case the answer is yes.

Hummus Recipe

Ingredients

* 4 garlic cloves, minced and then mashed
    * 2 15-oz cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
    * 2/3 cup of tahini (roasted, not raw)
    * 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
    * 1/2 cup water
    * 1/4 cup olive oil
    * 1/2 teaspoon of salt
    * Pine nuts (toasted) and parsley (chopped) for garnish

Method

1 In a food processor, combine the mashed garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, 1/2 cup water, and olive oil. Process until smooth. Add salt, starting at a half a teaspoon, to taste.

2 Spoon into serving dish and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and chopped parsley.

Serve with crackers, raw dip vegetables such as carrots or celery, or with pita bread. You can cut the pita bread into thin triangles, brush with olive oil and toast for 10 minutes in a 400°F oven to make pita chips with which to serve the hummus.

Makes about 3 cups.

a couple of ways to change it up: Add-- carmelized onions, or switch out the garlic for Roasted Garlic, or add some Roasted red pepper (this adds moisture, you can use less oil)

I cut the recipe in half since I'm the only one eating it. As much as I love it 3 cups is alot. Does anyone know how long it lasts? Maybe I'll make the 3 cups if it doesn't go bad quick.
  • beckn
    beckn Posts: 14
    Options
    I love the roasted red pepper humus and have had it on their thin rice crackers YUM!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Having Joseph's roasted red pepper hummus on roasted garlic melba snacks with my dinner!! :love:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Spread some homemade roasted red pepper hummus on my fish and breaded the fish with some panko crumbs!

:flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    Options
    My fresh made roasted garlic & roasted red pepper hummus is chillin' :happy: I'll be snacking on some later!
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I bought some Atheno's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and it's WAY too thin...WTH??? That's grounds for a lawsuit....DAVE!!!!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    :grumble: I bought some Atheno's Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and it's WAY too thin...WTH??? That's grounds for a lawsuit....DAVE!!!!!!!

Call the company & complain. Maybe you'll get a coupon. :bigsmile:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Veggie burger with low fat cheese, wheat bun, a very few french fried onions and roasted pepper hummus on the bun!!!!:love:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    OK, it seems like the roasted red pepper and garlic are the favorites!! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hummus in the morning
    hummus in the evening
    hummus at supper time...............

if I give you some hum-mus will you always be mine??

:glasses: Jdog
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    OK, it seems like the roasted red pepper and garlic are the favorites!! :laugh:

LOVE the roasted pepper but haven't really found a garlic one I like yet.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    hummus in the morning
    hummus in the evening

excuse me...........i am SINGING over here!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options

I think I will!!!:angry:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

I think I will!!!:angry:

I think you should!
    by golly!!!! :laugh:
  • keiko
    Options
    hummus in the morning
    hummus in the evening

excuse me...........i am SINGING over here!!!:flowerforyou:

I'm singing now too! Soon I will be eating that ever lovin' hummus!