Replies

• mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Extra lean beef mince - lovely , just made healthy chilli with some xx
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I live in a hunting household, so we eat venison for our red meat. Loaded with protein and low in fat!!!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly a chicken and seafood kind of girl. I do eat pork, turkey, and beef occasionally though. I eat a lot of vegetarian foods too. My lunch is almost always meat free, and a good portion of my dinners are as well. I don't eat very much deli meat, since it tends to be highly processed, but I do eat a fair amount of the chicken sausage sold at Trader Joe's. Leaner meat, and much less greasy than normal sausage.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fish and legumes. They're amazing!

I don't eat red meat, but will occasionally have pork.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Er... just in case is not a stupid question...

Steak... cooked on health grill,
    Steamed fish
    Steamed turkey with herbs, ginger and lemon/lime juice
    Pork loin,
    Minced beef in bolognese

Non "meat" dishes for protein for me would be chickpeas, beans or mushrooms. Chickpeas work well as a curry or mixed in a salad. Beans, baked or just on their own mixed into a salad. So many different types. Canellini/White Kidney beans "supposed" to help aid weight loss, but I just eat 'em 'cos they taste nice!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I love this Turkey Meatloaf:

1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
    1/4 cup grated carrots
    1/2 cup onion
    1 1/2 pound ground turkey
    16 saltine crackers, finely crumbed
    2 tbsp milk
    2 large egg whites (I used one whole egg)
    1/2 cup bottled chili sauce, divided (I used sweet chili sauce)
    1-2 tbsp brown sugar (leave this out if you use sweet chili sauce)
    1 tbsp vinegar
    1 tsp dried basil or oregano
    Pepper

Spray skillet with non-stick spray (I used olive oil). Cookie veggies until tender.

Combine crackers, milk, 1/2 of chili sauce and egg whites (or whole egg); mix well. Add ground turkey, veggies and seasoning and mix.

The recipe recommended baking at 350 for 30 minutes (+15 after the sauce is added), I baked at 400 in a shallow pan. You can use a shallow baking dish, a loaf pan or muffin tins.

Combine remaining chili sauce, brown sugar (or leave out if you're using sweet chili sauce) and vinegar. Spoon over meatloaf for the last 15 minutes of baking.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Chicken, beef, lamb. Beef and lamb depends on what i'm cooking will be either lean or have a bit of fat on it. I do keep an eye on the calories when I eat (or try to atleast) so that helps me eat whatever kind of meat i want.

Also, I have been getting in the habit to cover up the meat with veggies and beans and lentils to give it the fiber it needs!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Wheat meat :)
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i like ground chicken, lamb, salmon, veal, ground turkey, turkey wings, turkey breast, tuna, can chicken.. I really like making ground chicken meatballs with red peppers and onions in it.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Wheat meat :)

Yum! Tempeh is ssoooo good. I saw a tutorial on how to make it at home, and think I may try my hand at it.
  • Acmcneil0908
    Options
    Apple chicken sausage, ground turkey, Jenny o turkey burgers, red meat once a week
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love meat and eat tons, but bison is one of my fav along with ribeyes!!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Tofu ;)
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Girl try some buffalo! its so good
  • Libelleak
    Libelleak Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste.com and just look around. There is TONS of different recipes for chicken, pork, fish. The sits is freaking addictive. Plus if you make a free account you can add stuff to your recipe box to save it. I've already made several things off of there and they are all great! Its nice to look at other stuff just to give you ideas. I made mozzarella and spinach stuffed pork tenderloin and wrapped it with prosciutto and i sprinkled some bread crumbs on top of it. it was really good :smile:

I LOVE SkinnyTaste also! We eat all kinds of meat at our house, I just try to keep them lean & the portion sizes smaller (at least much smaller than I used to!). Start adding in lean pork if you want to stay away from traditional "red" meat. Keep away from the processed meats also (they are LOADED with sodium).