Can some people never fit in a sz 2?

Options

Replies

• mandy_freeman
    Options
    That's EXACTLY where I'd like to get to! I'm between 16 and 14 now... 16 falls off, 14 too small. Frustrating!!
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    Same as others...I was sick with an eating disorder...5'9, 130, size 7 juniors and size small tees, and they just didn't fit. Not long enough, not broad enough...
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 as well with a large frame. My actual bones would prevent me from fitting into a size 2 at any weight.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I think I skipped the whole size 2 thing. I would be happy to hit a 14. I'm currently a 20W in my pants and just bought my first XL shirt yesterday since being a freshman in high school. That was 1984. My biggest size was a 4-5X in my shirts and 32W in pants. Just to mention I am 5'10".
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Depends on your bone structure. Most of my tall friends can't fit into a size 2 because their bone structure is too big.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    No, I cannot. I'd look silly in girls clothing anyway!

Next question.

You don't know until you try...

ToWongFoo2.jpg
  • Perisylpha
    Options
    I've weighed as little as 105 pounds and I was still a size 8 (UK) I was right down on the bone at that weight.
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about your size. Why does it matter? Like others have said, there is too much variation in how bodies are built and how clothes are designed.

Keep in mind that as you lose more weight, you may start dropping sizes more quickly. It's not necessarily proportional. I think I would drop 1 size after about 10 lbs at first, but as I got closer to my goal I was suddenly changing sizes with every 5 lbs or less.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8 and right now 150 pounds, size 8. 140 i was a 6 and 130 i was a 4. I can't healthily get under 130, i have tried. If i managed to get to 110-120 i would fit a 2 but i would have to starve myself.
  • SoFLMatt
    Options
    when you are happy with the way you look and how your clothes fit you... then you are the right size. Scales are detrimental but unfortunately the measure we use. My goal weight will be when I can take my shirt off with confidence and feel comfortable in my skin again. Good luck and you are BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • snkoyle15
    Options
    I have a pretty big frame too. in JH and HS, before i started putting on weight thanks to PCOS, i was about 140-145 and a size 10. i dont think i have ever been a size 2. and ill be lucky if i can get down to a size 10 again, which is my goal.
  • Perisylpha
    Options
    That is such a weird co-incidence!! I only just finished reading Patrick Swayze's auto biography last night..and there he is!!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options

Next question.

Pics or it didn't happen! :tongue:
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Honestly, a lot of it depends on where you shop as well. I'm 5'7 ,137 right now, with a small frame and sadly no hips or booty. In certain stores I can actually fit into a size 0 or 2...in other stores I'm a 6 or an 8. It really depends on the fit of the clothing as well as the store. Although if you do want to feel good about yourself (and who are we kidding we all do, I find that old navy runs really big!)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Next question.

You don't know until you try...

ToWongFoo2.jpg

:bigsmile: :laugh:

I was thinking more like this?

3.160376.jpg
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's EXACTLY where I'd like to get to! I'm between 16 and 14 now... 16 falls off, 14 too small. Frustrating!!

I'm right there with ya! 13 falls off but 11 is still a bit too small. I was a size 5 in middle school and I honestly just want out of the double digits! I have a big butt (which I love) and wide hips so any smaller than a 9, I will be surprised!
  • brybre0413
    brybre0413 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Size 2 in a hand bag maybe!
  • ccaym
    ccaym Posts: 86
    Options
    I think so. Body types vary. I am between 5'8 and 5'9, and when I weighed about 140 to150 I wore a size 10. At my lightest, 130, I was still a size 7 or 8 (and tons of people told me that I looked too thin). I have wide hips and shoulders. Congrats on your weight loss : )
  • dbaumgarn
    Options
    pretty sure it depends on your build and the jeans!! I have some 5/6 jeans and some 7/8's I am 5'8 and 144lbs....
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" 160 and a size 6 (barely and only in like one brand of jeans, otherwise an 8). I was also a size 6 at 150 (I just finished a bulk). Yeah, I have big hips, and wide shoulders. I'll never ever ever be a 2.