Can some people never fit in a sz 2?

Options

Replies

• bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and even at my smallest (140) I was still wearing a size nine. I have what my mom used to call child bearing hips...which at 16 was not an appealing way to put it but yea you get the picture. At my largest nearly 260 you could still feel my hipbones, they are just big and arent going anywhere. Plus, one size 2 in one store could be like a 6 in another and a zero in another, dont look at sizes, if it fits, feels good and looks good thats all that matters!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Im 172cm tall (5'8") and have a large frame - my hands are huge, size 11(US) feet, long limbs, I will never ever be a size 2. I'm currently 243lbs and a size 16, but I have been at 210 and still a size 16, my body is weird.

My goal is to be a size 8-10, possible 6-8 but even that might look odd on my frame or be too hard to maintain. I will never fit a size 2, nor do I want to, don't even think I could get down to a size 4, and I'm totally fine with it :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you buy expensive enough close - like where celebrities shop - you can probably be a size 2. But you're tall and the width of your hipbones will dictate how small your clothes will be.

I can wear some size 2s, but I'm short. I could lose weight and get skinnier than I am now (and look horrible in the process), but my clothing size won't get much smaller because my skeleton will not allow it.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I've heard doctors saying that the large boned thing is a myth, but idk. I don't think I'll fit in one but its not really my goal to get to one. I would like to be a size 6 or 8 and thats about it but I'm definitely not interested in a 2. Also My thighs are very muscular so when I do continue to lose weight I might just get to a size 10-12 because of the thigh size. We'll see.
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7", 144 and a size 8-10 right now. I have been a size two in the past. When I was 97 - 102 pounds, in my early to mid twenties, I was constantly being admonished about my 'anorexia'. Admittedly, I was too thin. I've thrown out all of my size 2's and 4's and will be comfortable and healthy as a 6 to 8. I think a 8 or 10 for your height is very respectable.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :laugh:

I was thinking more like this?

3.160376.jpg

That ensemble is SO you...go for it, LMAO!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 with a medium frame, and my hip bones are pretty wide. I have only been down to a size 3, and at that point my hip bones were getting rubbed raw from my pants because they stuck out too much, so I doubt I could go lower.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I've heard doctors saying that the large boned thing is a myth, but idk.

large bones, or a large frame? because larger framed people are definitely not a myth lol.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others. I'm 5' 8 1/2 inches and am just under 133 pounds -- trying to get back to 135. I wear a 6 in Jeans or a 27 -- new sizes? Some of my other pants are an 8 or a 10. I've found that the cheaper the manufacturer the larger size I need. Blouse sizes are medium or an 8 or 10 -- again depending on the cut. Dresses also vary -- depends on the cut. I wouldn't dare look at a 2 or even a 4. Even though I might fit into it, I don't think I would be comfortable. I like a bit of "breathing room."

It's not the size that counts. It's how it fits on your body and what you feel comfortable wearing.

Like many others on this site: Strength, health and fitness. That's what I'm striving to obtain.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and weigh 155 and can wear a size 6. Don't think I care to be a size 2.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    If I ever wanted to be a size 2, I would have to get down to a very low body fat percentage. I don't think it would be reasonable for me to sustain it long term. Power to the women who want it and can do it!
  • Mommy_x3
    Options
    I am 5'4, 148lbs, with a medium frame, I wear a size 6. I also have had 3 kids.

I will never be a size 2. maybe a 4 but never a 2....
  • astrasburger
    astrasburger Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and medium build. I am 151 and a size 10 in women (size 8 in American Eagle and an 11 or even a 13 in some Junior stores) When i was 115 in high school freshman year i might have been a Junior 5/6...graduated at 135 and was in Mudd 7/8. I will never be a size two and i'm okay with that. I fluctuate sizes mostly by my waist. I will never have a 26 inch waist so although my butt and thighs would be smaller enough to fit in smaller jeans, I am built like a boy so very straight so i could see me getting into a 6 at American Eagle but that is it.

I try not to go by the scale...I try to go by how my clothes fit and that i feel good in whatever i'm putting on.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I think most average framed people can fit into a modern day size US size 2 (which really isn't that small). I can't imagine that the majority of the population is large framed. I have a huge butt and I fit into a 2/4 at my current weight. I used to be a 14 before all the weight loss. Below a 2 or 4 for a tall person might be harder I'm guessing but its not that unattainable.

I don't get why everyone thinks they would look "sickly" at a healthy weight still.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm a 6-8 in pants at 161 pounds (I'm 5'10") but that is ONLY because I have a fairly low body fat % and I personally think it would be unhealthy for me to go down another full size. I was fit and healthy at 190 and a Size 14 and I'm fit and healthy now, but it doesn't really matter what the scale or your clothing size says as long as your are healthy.
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I actually (amazingly) got down to a size 2 a couple of years ago. Calvin Kleins to be exact. I am 5'6" and was 130lbs at the time but now, at 162lbs I'm size 8. I think, when I fit into the size 2's, I was a little too skinny but I was definitely fit and worked out all the time.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think most average framed people can fit into a modern day size US size 2 (which really isn't that small). I can't imagine that the majority of the population is large framed. I have a huge butt and I fit into a 2/4 at my current weight. I used to be a 14 before all the weight loss. Below a 2 or 4 for a tall person might be harder I'm guessing but its not that unattainable.

I don't get why everyone thinks they would look "sickly" at a healthy weight still.

<- Healthy weight. 21% body fat. Size 6/8. NEVER going to fit into a size 2, probably never a 4 either.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I am 10 lbs away from being underweight and still a size 5/6 yes I would look sickly at that weight and size.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've been thinner, and I looked sickly. My actual clothing size was about the same, though. I didn't get smaller... just bonier. I can't make the width of my hip bones, rib cage or shoulders any narrower.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

Because at 125 (and I'm 5'1") I was a size 8/10.... I have incredibly thick muscles in my thighs (I used to climb... a lot).... I would literally have to lose muscle mass for me to be thin enough to wear a 2.... I have friends that wear a 0/2... there is no way I could ever be as thin as they are.... again, not without starving myself.... and that's not to even mention my DD boobs.