What's the worst thing you forgot to take to the gym?

Options
I had an epic day of forgetfulness at the gym. I normally avoid showering at the gym after my workouts, but today I had an appointment so I packed my clothes, makeup and my blow dryer (because the blow dryers at the gym are pretty worthless). What I did not pack:

1. A bra. :noway: Sweaty workout bra reused.
2. Deodorant. :sad: Really? Sweaty workout bra and now NO deodorant. Gaaah.
3. A brush. :grumble: Yeah. Not a good look. Powerful blow dryer, finger combed hair.

Replies

• JeepersMister
    JeepersMister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My inhaler. Not the best thing to forget, especially when you've got bad asthma.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ My Phone ~ Longest workout ever !!! SMH ! Sad, but true. :huh:
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I forgot my bra today too!! I was like, "really...???" Thankfully I brought a really tight cami that I could've gotten away with all day (I'm a size A...) but I knew I had a long meeting in the afternoon so I ran to Target by my work to pick one up.

@JeepersMister - forgetting the inhaler would be awful :(
  • girlholiday
    Options
    Honestly, a sweat rag. I am the SWEATIEST individual and the red in my hair stains and drips and it's gross.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Socks. And I attempted running. . . I had blisters for weeks.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Socks, but unlike the poster above me I did NOT do the workout that day without them.

My headphones, also. Long workout.
    A few times, my phone has died during a workout, which is just as annoying.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My iPod. There's nothing more motivating than the ragged breathing and intermittent farts of other gym members. :grumble:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    My iPod. There's nothing more motivating than the ragged breathing and intermittent farts of other gym members. :grumble:

I have actually left when my headphones died on my iPod... yeah

Not going to be at a gym without music... I don't want to listen to people I don't want to be distracted by the gym-stupidity
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I have actually left when my headphones died on my iPod... yeah

Not going to be at a gym without music... I don't want to listen to people I don't want to be distracted by the gym-stupidity

I forgot to mention my gym plays 80s pop in the background. "Let's get physssical!" :noway:
  • AmyMK
    AmyMK Posts: 164
    Options
    iPod definitely...I can't work out without it
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    A shirt. Luckily I had a swimsuit and a towel in my gym bag.

When I realized I'd forgotten my shirt I blurted out "F&^K!" in the locker room. Then I blushed.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    My inhaler. :(
  • lotte24601
    lotte24601 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Myself. Been leaving myself on the couch for the last 10-15 years. On the upside, at least I never have to wonder why I'm fat.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    chapstick
    socks
    water bottle/no cash.

ugh.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A towel. And I didn't realize until I was already in the the shower. ><
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Gotta go with underwear on this one. I promise I was wearing some when I went in! Did a hard run on the treadmill, hit the showers, reach into my gym bag for fresh clothes and realize....oops, didn't bring a second pair to change into for work. Yes, there are times it's best to go commando. Just sayin!
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My MP3 player. Especially for cardio. I hate doing cardio without my music. Lifting isn't bad without it, but cardio, I NEED my Salsa, House, Dance, and Merengue music to keep me moving!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Not quite the gym but still workout related....I cycled 28km to work, hit the shower and was getting dressed when I realised I didn't have a clean pair of knickers. Felt gross all day.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Underwear to change into after my shower!
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    At different times, from the worst to not-so-bad:

1) Sweat towel
    2) Water bottle
    3) Seat towel for my car - had to recline the seat back and use a paper bag on the seat bottom.
    4) Ear phones