What's the worst thing you forgot to take to the gym?

Options

Replies

• monkeymouse74
    Options
    Underwear to change into after my workout and swim. I do a 2k swim after my workout everyday, and had to put on my sweaty panties and sports bra to go home in! AAARRGGG! And twice I've forgotten my crocks and had to put my sweaty gym socks and trainers on again (in fact that happened today)! :noway:
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    went one day wearing my HRM watch but forgot to put on the chest strap, 2 days later did the same but the opposite way, had chest strap on, no watch. d'oh.

other things in no order;

bursh
    owel
    bra
    knickers
    top to wear after shower
    padlock for locker
    shampoo

I now have my gym bag prepped with bra, knickers, padlock, trainers, socks, brush & a full shower kit, that way I only have to add the days clothes. It helps to get organised & have somethings in duplicate.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    ohhh yeh I forgot my shoes once and had to work out in my Vans and my feet killed for a week
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    a lock for the locker. I hate changing to shorts in the midfle of winter and realizing I can either run out to the car in a snowstorm extremely underdressed to lock up my wallet/phone/swiss army knife, or do my workout with pockets loaded with annoying crap.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Music. If my battery dies and I don't have a replacement on me I'm outta there. I'd rather not workout than do a half-azzed one with no heart or drive. IN certain instances, there's usually TV to replace it but it isn't nearly as motivating as music is. Someone to talk to usually helps pass the time, but sometimes I'm alone in the gym - quite often in fact (my gym is in a hospital, and surprisingly it's not crowded.... who'da thunk it?)

And through no fault of my own, when the manager at the gym forgets to put out water cups. Then I'm desperate, but can usually manage to last til I am done and can go into the bathroom and drink out of the tap in cupped hands. I have two gyms I can go to, and only one of the gym bags I keep at each facility has a container for water in case there are no cups out- I should probably fix that, huh?
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    went one day wearing my HRM watch but forgot to put on the chest strap, 2 days later did the same but the opposite way, had chest strap on, no watch. d'oh.

other things in no order;

bursh
    owel
    bra
    knickers
    top to wear after shower
    padlock for locker
    shampoo

I now have my gym bag prepped with bra, knickers, padlock, trainers, socks, brush & a full shower kit, that way I only have to add the days clothes. It helps to get organised & have somethings in duplicate.

This is exactly what I do - I have my backpack pre-packed for the gym with everything I need - some in duplicate. As soon as I use something, I immediately replace it when I get home. My day gym has towel service now so that solved the towel problem.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class in ages. Really it was my first time in a gym in ages too. I wasn't prepared but I was pretty darn committed to finally taking the plunge.

1. I can't hear well and read lips so I gotta be front and center. Not the best place to be if you aren't prepared.

2. I can't wear tennis shoes and while I now have an alternative, I haven't figured it all out. But this day I wore LOAFERS. I was taking ZUMBA!

3. I didn't have a sports bra or even an appropriate figure hugging, keep the girls in, gym shirt. My bra strap kept sliding down.

4. I wore a loose V-neck shirt. Between that and my bra slipping constantly, it was a tad embarrassing. Too bad the instructor wasn't a guy. He would have enjoyed that.

5. I did not have water with me. So I kept running to get some in the hallway then having to cross in front of the instructor to get back in place.

6. I didn't have hair clips and my over grown bangs were giving me the fits.

7. I didn't bring stuff to take a shower after. I could manage to go home like that but I had apparently an exercise induced sneezing attack and it took a bit to calm down enough to drive home and only after I got into the bath did it fully calm down. Hmm...

Oh geez.

But I'm going back... this time, hopefully I am more prepared.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Chalk.

No straps or belts in my session.
  • char982
    Options
    A shirt and a bra to to change into after my workout. Luckily my gym is in the same building as Target!
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    My gym has towels but they charge 1 pound for them & they are the size of a hand towel, would barely cover my boob let alone the rest of me. lol
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    One day I forgot my lock for my locker. When I went into the gym after my workout my purse was missing. I went up to the front desk to tell them someone stole my purse and they had it behind the counter. Somebody found it in the bathroom stall. When I looked through it I realized someone had emptied it out and threw everything back in, and taken my last $20 to boot. That same night a teeage girl came running out to the front desk crying that somebody had stolen her purse. We went into the locker room and found her purse in a locker across the room. But she has $300 stolen from her purse. I've never left my purse unlocked again. That poor girl was hysterical!
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bra....being 36DD and wearing a regular bra to work out in just doesnt work. Needless to say I didnt stay very long.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My gym shoes. Hurr durr derp. #ClearlyNotThinking
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Definitely a bra. What's worse is I didn't even realize it until I got on the track and started jogging and I thought "something feels weird..." Since I had come straight from class, I was wearing a regular lacy underwire. NOT fun to try and workout in.. I just walked for a longer time instead of trying to run.
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    1 shoe. Not both. Only realized after I was all dresses and ready to hit the treadmill.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Ear Buds... but I got a pair at the Dollar Tree next door. They sucked, but not as suck as being on a treadmill and NOT being able to watch Ellen!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    At one point or another, I've forgotten pretty much everything.

Socks
    Underwear
    Shirt
    Towel
    Chapstick
    Ipod
    Water bottle

.... Some items are a deal breaker, I've had to go back home and get them, or I just buy new quickly (chapstick or socks)
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    underwear when I just swam (as I tend to go with my bathing suit underneath my clothes)
    bathing suit when I intend on only swimming
    pants...to work out in...seriously
    sigh and lol! fun post!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    My shirt. Definitely not ready to work out in just a sports bra. :embarassed: Thank goodness my house is only 5 mins away.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Ear Buds... but I got a pair at the Dollar Tree next door. They sucked, but not as suck as being on a treadmill and NOT being able to watch Ellen!

I couldn't do it. I can run outside without music, but I can't run on the treadmill with out TV. It is just too boring.