What's the worst thing you forgot to take to the gym?

Options

Replies

• hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    - My iPod. Working out while listening to the horrible Euro trash at the gym just sucks.
    - A book. I used to use those sit back bikes and would usually bring a book to keep me from staring at other people while doing my 30-45 minutes on the back.
    - A towel. 2 Euros if you need to buy a towel from the gym (you weren't allowed to use the machines without one). I don't know how much of my monthly paycheck went into towels!
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    On tuesday I packed my entire gym bag, then out of habit grabbed my purse as I ran out the door. Didn't realize I forgot my bag until I took my coat off in the locker room. Ughh and I walked to my gym in the snow! Fml lol
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    I keep a locker stocked with extra everything, but when changing classes I forgot to update my music and a new T'ai Chi class began with Yoga music ... they didn't know the difference.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My sweat towel
    My ankle brace when my ankle was bothering me
    Socks

I still worked out and it was fine. The lack of a sweat towel was the worst because I had to use the cruddy paper towels the gym supplies for wiping down the machines. Trust me, they don't soak up the sweat at all!
  • star87cc
    Options
    Bah i forgot my inhaler the other week, turned up for bodycombat class what a mess i was by the end lol!

and yesterday I forgot to chuck a gym top in my bag >_< luckily I had a vest cami on under my work top (too cold!) so at least it wasnt a bra and pants lesson lol!
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Water and a towel.

The drinking fountain water is disgusting and forgetting a towel is the biggest gym faux pas.
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Towel - not the best thing to forget especially when you only realise half way through your shower :|
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Socks. And I attempted running. . . I had blisters for weeks.

OMG! This is me!!! The freaking worst blisters!!

2nd headphones...pretty much a worthless workout
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    ...running shoes. I once went to the gym straight after work...so I was dressed in heels...opened my gym bag and realized that I had forgotten to pack my running shoes!!

So ya, needless to say no workout happened that day! LOL
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Shoes...... As I stand there in 4" stilletos and contemplate if I can make it work or not LOL NEVER made that mistake again........
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Forgot my gloves for a boxing class once and had to use 'the loaners'

I had never smelled anything so foul in my entire life.
  • claire7090
    Options
    My trainers - got into the changing room and got into my shorts and t-shirt and realised the only foot wear I had was the high heeled boots I had been wearing with my jeans. Had to go home to get the trainers!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my t-shirt to work out in and I had just come from work....so I worked out in my Price Chopper uniform shirt....now thats promotion!!! and hot.....
  • MissedStar
    Options
    I have forgotten
    My spare change of clothes for after the shower

On another occassion where i was heading to work straight afterwards i forgot a hairbrush (and my hair is big and frizzy not good) and my work shoes so had to go to work with bright white trainers on breaking work codes (my boss still checks my footwear when i go in now cause of that)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ive been forgetting my towel for the last 3 weeks.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I forgot my sneakers, however I still got on the elliptical for 30min--socks only :(
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Headphones to my ipod. I actually ran over to the verizon store just to buy some. They were expensive and sucky!
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    The worst thing was actually my GYM PASS! And the horrible woman wouldn't let me in without it even though she'd seen me use the gym several times before.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    This kinda doesn't really answer the question but one Saturday I went into the gym and after I got in, I realized I forgot my earphones in my truck. I went back out to get them but left my card INside the gym. Thank goodness their was ONE other person in the gym to let me back in.
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    a bottle of water