What's Your Weakness??

Options

Replies

• I’ve started a list of what I call my “trigger foods”. Foods that I cannot say no to or eat way too much of.
    It is a strange list:
    Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
    Danish Butter Cookies
    Sausage Patties – the smell alone does it
    Bacon
    Meatballs
    Meatloaf
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can relate to you competely!

I have more of a sweet tooth though - although after reading your message i suddenly have a craving for puff pastry!! :happy:

Over time i have come to realise that certain foods cause me to lose control when eating them. I end up eating too much, eating mindlessly and craving more and more even after eating a lot!

To gain control I have limited my intake of these types of food
    eg; sugar... anything containing a lot of sugar makes me want more and more.
    Or buttery foods.
    Dark chocolate is okay as i can have a little and leave it but all cakes or creamy fatty foods are a no no now. If i do eat any i feel guilty afterwards and feel bad

I have just become more aware of the sorts of foods that PULL me in. I'm sticking to healthy food that fills me up but doesn't cause these cravings

:smile:
  • SEMNMommie
    Options
    Anything sweet! I have a huge sweet tooth and I really have to fight hard to say no to cookies, desserts, ice cream, etc. To top it off one of my favorite hobbies is baking!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Wings, ribs, burgers, and beer.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Butter. Whatever is slathered in butter and if you brown the butter I'll eat until I'm in a coma.
    Cheese.
    Cheetos.
    Chocolate, the darker the better and if it's made into a truffle I'll eat 30.
    Brownies.
    Cookies.
    Doughnuts.
    Chinese carry-out.
    Pasta. (Go back up and read again about butter. Also feta cheese.)
    Dense, heavy cake with two inches of frosting.
    It really depends on the day...it's all so delicious.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    1. Jerk chicken with red beans and white rice. Oh and of course with extra Jerk gravy all over it!
    2. Snickers bar
    3. Big Mac's until I found out how they were mixing some sort of pike slim into it for stretch and save money. :noway:
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sweets!!!! Especially ice cream and chocolate. I keep a bag of semi sweet chocolate chips in the freezer and I'll have a small handfull now and then. Not as bad as a candy bar and at least the dark chocolate has SOME good stuff in it. I also buy the weight watchers or skinny cow ice cream. They cure the craving and the calories are not so bad. I find that if I deprive myself of these things completely, I will go on a binge one day and eat whatever I can get my hands on. Better to have 70 cals of dark chocolate once a day than 2000 calories of sweets and desserts all in ONE day! I just always try to remember my goals and that the turtle pie (oh how I miss the turtle pie) will not help me get there.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    My weakness is food. My solution, eat everything in moderation.

I love your answer. Just perfect. :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Cookies, Candy, french fries, and chicken strips with cream pepper gravy....
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Primary Weakness Ice Cream and Cookies (anykind really some just more than others).
    Secondary Weakness Peanutbutter, Chocolate in general
  • EatWorkoutLive
    Options
    My weakness is carbs! Most of all its cereal becasue I feel like I can just sit there and eat 3829392 bowls of cereal in a sitting.
  • Sassys4538
    Sassys4538 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My weakness is potato chips, hands down. Crossed them off of my grocery list, because if they are in the house...it's all over..lol
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options

In short, if it's fatty, savoury and convenient then it's a weakness...mmmm...sausage rolls....bacon cob....hash browns...roast beef dinner....full cooked breakfast....Pringles....twiglets.....anything smothered in cheese sauce.....and on and on and on!!

you summed it up, anything salty, crunchy, nutty, cheesy, fried, slathered in gravy, breaded, greasy, spicy, buttered, battered I am in trouble
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered doughnuts
    Pasta (esp Alfredo)
    Cream Soups (Broccoli & Cheese is my fav)
    Snickerdoodle cookies

:laugh:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Dominos pizza with the garlic dippy sauce or any kind of fried chicken.
  • Sassys4538
    Sassys4538 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My weakness is potato chips.
    I have been trying blue chips and popcorn to satisfy this craving. I have also tried carrot sticks, thinking that the crunch would do the trick but my body is just too smart and wants the chips.

I feel your pain Dirtbikegirl5, it's just something about a chip that can not be duplicated. Chips are my serious weakness!
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    My weakness is potato chips.
    I have been trying blue chips and popcorn to satisfy this craving. I have also tried carrot sticks, thinking that the crunch would do the trick but my body is just too smart and wants the chips.

have you endulged in quakes?

ranch, sweet chili (or something similar I think) and cheddar are so good, and REALLY low in cals and fats. sodium is probably higher than I'd like, but still better than chips overall.
  • Nadddy
    Nadddy Posts: 21
    Options
    Burgers!! I love them!! When I was pregnant I had to have one every day. I haven't had one in 5 weeks :(
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Homemade Chai Tea Lattes. I have wayyy to many a day. lol
  • mandy_lee86
    mandy_lee86 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My weakness is anything at Chilis and Buffalo Wild Wings.