When someone calls you "woman"

Options
Ladies, do you get annoyed? Also, do you find yourself politely saying, "Hi" to the older ladies, and then "How you doin'?" to the younger ones? :flip:

Replies

• galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I know!!!!!! When someone calls me "woman", I get SO mad! Hell, even at the older ones. Can YOU see in my pants, do YOU know for a fact that I am a woman. I swear it makes me want to kick them all in the teeth! :flip:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I know!!!!!! When someone calls me "woman", I get SO mad! Hell, even at the older ones. Can YOU see in my pants, do YOU know for a fact that I am a woman. I swear it makes me want to kick them all in the teeth! :flip:

Seriously!!! It really burns me up that someone would generalize me in that way. I want to say, "Hey girl, I'm not your woman!" :flip:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    It infuriates me like no other :mad:

Don't even get me started on being called, "lady" though. :grumble:
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No lol My boyfriend calls me woman all the time, it's usually followed by "make me a sandwich" or "do the laundry". :laugh: It's a joke to us though. When I was bar tending I had a few guys get mad at me and call me woman, but it didn't annoy me. It's better than c**t, another word I don't mind being called. They're just words, they only matter when we give them meaning. For example "Death do us part" obviously has lost all of the meaning it once had. lol To the greeting thing, I always say hello to people, not hi or hey. If I'm online and sending emails I use hey or hi, but I've always been in the customer service industry, hello is more appropriate.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    personally, I LOVE to be called woman. I mean it helps others clarify exactly what gender I am...it can be confusing sometimes :flip:
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    It infuriates me like no other :mad:

Don't even get me started on being called, "lady" though. :grumble:

ARGH! Don't you dare call me a lady!!! :flip:
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    this topic gives me a feeling of deja vu
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

:flip:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options

What do you mean, bro?
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    No lol My boyfriend calls me woman all the time, it's usually followed by "make me a sandwich" or "do the laundry". :laugh: It's a joke to us though. When I was bar tending I had a few guys get mad at me and call me woman, but it didn't annoy me. It's better than c**t, another word I don't mind being called. They're just words, they only matter when we give them meaning. For example "Death do us part" obviously has lost all of the meaning it once had. lol To the greeting thing, I always say hello to people, not hi or hey. If I'm online and sending emails I use hey or hi, but I've always been in the customer service industry, hello is more appropriate.

So you never, ever, ever, look at your lady friends and say, "Hey hot girl?" :flip:
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    my husband calls me woman, and it's ok. Now if he called me dear, i would not be happy.

My dad used to call my mom dear when she was being unreasonable or just a pain...so I have bad vibes with that.
    my Uncle used to call his wife woman, and it was a term of endearment, you could tell they really loves each other and it was sweet.

my husband knows this and therefore calls me woman, although sometimes I believe he does it because he likes the look on other peoples faces, waiting to see if I kill him....:laugh:
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

What do you mean, bro?

Don't make the assumption that you know what gender he is! That's sooooo not PC. :flip:
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    Woman!
    Whoa, man.
    WooooohooohhooooMAN!
    She was a thief, you gotta believe
    She stole my heart and my cat...
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    LOL. I don't understand. What else are they supposed to call you?

Put it into context.

Not trying to be a smart *kitten*, I really don't know.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This is why I refer to women as vags, baby-factory, Double X, doll-face, dames, and legs.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Woman!
    Whoa, man.
    WooooohooohhooooMAN!
    She was a thief, you gotta believe
    She stole my heart and my cat...

Friend request sent.

:flip:
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    This is why I refer to women as dames

:drinker:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my husband calls me woman, and it's ok. Now if he called me dear, i would not be happy.

My dad used to call my mom dear when she was being unreasonable or just a pain...so I have bad vibes with that.
    my Uncle used to call his wife woman, and it was a term of endearment, you could tell they really loves each other and it was sweet.

my husband knows this and therefore calls me woman, although sometimes I believe he does it because he likes the look on other peoples faces, waiting to see if I kill him....:laugh:

That's funny. I'm the exact opposite. I love being called, "Dear."

Or even better "deer" (they have thin legs, amirite?)
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    When I had long hair... and I mean really long hair. Some guys thought I was a woman. (it was also dark).

I hated that :blushing:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's pretty evenly split between "miss" and "ma'am" for me. I don't think anyone other than my husband has called me "woman," and that's just joking. Very, very rarely have I been called "lady," and now I have the mental image of Jerry Lewis yelling, "HEY LADYYYYYY!"