When someone calls you "woman"

Options

Replies

• Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    No lol My boyfriend calls me woman all the time, it's usually followed by "make me a sandwich" or "do the laundry". :laugh: It's a joke to us though. When I was bar tending I had a few guys get mad at me and call me woman, but it didn't annoy me. It's better than c**t, another word I don't mind being called. They're just words, they only matter when we give them meaning. For example "Death do us part" obviously has lost all of the meaning it once had. lol To the greeting thing, I always say hello to people, not hi or hey. If I'm online and sending emails I use hey or hi, but I've always been in the customer service industry, hello is more appropriate.

So you never, ever, ever, look at your lady friends and say, "Hey hot girl?" :flip:

Nope, whenever I answer the phone, or see my friends, which very few are women, it's usually Hello Slut, Hello fu**tard, Hello b*tcht*ts. Always hello.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    When I had long hair... and I mean really long hair. Some guys thought I was a woman. (it was also dark).

I hated that :blushing:

Wait, what? You're not...? I don't... :huh:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    "Woman" is not an insult. I am proud to be a woman! WOMEN ROCK!

But don't call me "B****h". :noway: That word will then have a WHOLE new meaning by the time I'm through with you.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

Nope, whenever I answer the phone, or see my friends, which very few are women, it's usually...

Hi, friend.
  • TinaRodina
    TinaRodina Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I despise being called woman.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    my husband calls me woman, and it's ok. Now if he called me dear, i would not be happy.

My dad used to call my mom dear when she was being unreasonable or just a pain...so I have bad vibes with that.
    my Uncle used to call his wife woman, and it was a term of endearment, you could tell they really loves each other and it was sweet.

my husband knows this and therefore calls me woman, although sometimes I believe he does it because he likes the look on other peoples faces, waiting to see if I kill him....:laugh:

That's funny. I'm the exact opposite. I love being called, "Dear."

Or even better "deer" (they have thin legs, amirite?)

Thin, HAIRY legs.... :tongue:
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I would just prefer to be met with, "Greetings female." What's wrong with that? :flip:
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I have girlfriends who call me woman. It doesn't bother me and I'm not sure why it should. If my husband calls me woman, it's as a joke and doesn't bother me. And no other guys call me that. I do get called hon, sweetie, dear and cutie, and none of those bother me either. As long as it isn't a derogatory term, call me whatever you like. I don't have time to worry about it. :laugh:

On edit: The more I think about it, I actually LIKE being called woman. It IS a badge of honor to my way of thinking, after all. I've earned it.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Woman,I get called many things I dont care about any of them.
    Its just a word, I dont care
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that there is probably nothing a person could call the female version of the human species without the possibility of offending said female version.

Being a man is so much easier sometimes. :tongue:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i would now prefer if all men referred to me as "Queen silly pants" or QSP for short :flip:
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my husband calls me woman, and it's ok. Now if he called me dear, i would not be happy.

My dad used to call my mom dear when she was being unreasonable or just a pain...so I have bad vibes with that.
    my Uncle used to call his wife woman, and it was a term of endearment, you could tell they really loves each other and it was sweet.

my husband knows this and therefore calls me woman, although sometimes I believe he does it because he likes the look on other peoples faces, waiting to see if I kill him....:laugh:

That's funny. I'm the exact opposite. I love being called, "Dear."

Or even better "deer" (they have thin legs, amirite?)

Thin, HAIRY legs.... :tongue:

C'mon now, it's winter -- plus from a distance, it looks like leggings! :tongue:
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Makes my hand itch to b**** slap someone.
    In fact, I believe I did.
    :bigsmile:
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Makes my hand itch to b**** slap someone.
    In fact, I believe I did.
    :bigsmile:

calm down woman:happy:
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Woman is okay if its like "that woman over there", if someone says "oi, woman!" they get punched. :mad:

Lady is the same "that lady over there" is fine.

The worst one for me is "girl"

someone i used to work with called me "girl" not only did they point customers my way saying "go see that girl and she'll help" but he also would say "you alright girl?" and use it instead of my name in every sentance.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Woman is okay... But if you really want to get on my good side, "Cum Dumpster" is the best. :)
  • DieVixen
    Options
    Woman is okay if its like "that woman over there", if someone says "oi, woman!" they get punched. :mad:

Lady is the same "that lady over there" is fine.

The worst one for me is "girl"

someone i used to work with called me "girl" not only did they point customers my way saying "go see that girl and she'll help" but he also would say "you alright girl?" and use it instead of my name in every sentance.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :explode:

damn girl thats rough
  • mdorman8313
    mdorman8313 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I can't stand to be called "woman" by guys (ie: "Hop to it, woman." "Come on, woman.") My girl friends can say that to me, and I'm not offended, but to me, even if it's a guy friend saying it to me in a joking manner, I feel offended and disrespected. It doesn't happen often to me and ALWAYS done in a joking manner, but Lord help the man that says it and means it.

In related news, I think it's funny how different people have their own connotations with the word "woman." When I read this topic before I even looked at the posts, I automatically assumed you were talking about men using "woman" in a command. Haha.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Woman is okay... But if you really want to get on my good side, "Cum Dumpster" is the best. :)

Win!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I only really despise it, if it's followed by "Go make me a sandwhich!"