Made me laugh....Silly girls in the gym.

Options
I'm not one to complain too much but this girl in the gym rubbed me the wrong way this morning. She was maybe 90lb soaking wet and had big ol fake breast (nothing wrong with fake boobs, planning on getting some later myself lol) and had a full face of makeup on, including fake lashes, Hair (down, with extensions) fully done as if she was going out on the town and in the skimpiest outfit you could imagine. All she did was lift tiny 5lb weights and make little grunting sounds. She looked amazing and I have nothing against women who look great but all she was was a distraction. If you are going to the gym, be there to work, not to prance around pretending to lift just to get men who should be concentrating on their own workouts, to look and gawk at you. She was beautiful but I'm sure she had real low self esteem to have to be doing that. This was really just a vent, not harm intended.

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I always get the stink eye because I am sweating and they are not! Yesterday a girl was taking pictures of herself walking on the treadmill. I couldn't help but chuckle.
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I am more turned on by a woman who can do a perfect squat than 5 pound curls.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think the people Judging these "silly girls" are really just jealous.

Be at the gym for you, and only you. Who cares about the other people. Maybe she thinks overweight people sweating is funny? who cares.

Sorry, I need to leave MFP for a bit today I think :wink:
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I don't see any of that at all at my gym, and I've been a member for over three years now. At my former gym, that was all over the place. VERY irritating.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I always get the stink eye because I am sweating and they are not! Yesterday a girl was taking pictures of herself walking on the treadmill. I couldn't help but chuckle.

LOL....omg.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I am fine with those girls as long as they're not on their cellphones, talking and laughing like they're in a cellphone commercial or some s#$%.
  • TexasGirl_Amie
    Options
    Agree! I always look like a hot mess when I work out. lol
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I sometimes think the people Judging these "silly girls" are really just jealous.

Be at the gym for you, and only you. Who cares about the other people. Maybe she thinks overweight people sweating is funny? who cares.

Sorry, I need to leave MFP for a bit today I think :wink:

Maybe a tad jealous of her thinness but that's about it. Lol she looks kinda pathetic to me.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym in skimpy shorts and tank tops all the time... but I also don't have fake boobs or wear makeup. I am one of the few women at the gym I go to (it's an Army gym... definitely male dominant) but I also work harder than most the guys in there. I think you can kick *kitten* in the gym and look good doing it. I understand your point though.
  • Abrasue
    Options
    Fortunately, I don't see any of that at all at my gym, and I've been a member for over three years now. At my former gym, that was all over the place. VERY irritating.

Bc you are there to work right!? Lol
  • Abrasue
    Options
    I go to the gym in skimpy shorts and tank tops all the time... but I also don't have fake boobs or wear makeup. I am one of the few women at the gym I go to (it's an Army gym... definitely male dominant) but I also work harder than most the guys in there. I think you can kick *kitten* in the gym and look good doing it. I understand your point though.

Oh ya, I wear cute gym clothes too but no make up and my hair is up in a pony not down and curly. Lol
  • bigmog
    bigmog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One of the many reasons I am soo happy I have a home gym now. Sure there are exercises I can not do because I might be missing the appropriate weight or what have you, but all in all I feel comfortable there, and I think that is key to working out :) NO SILLY GIRLS DURING MY WORKOUT :)
  • Abrasue
    Options
    One of the many reasons I am soo happy I have a home gym now. Sure there are exercises I can not do because I might be missing the appropriate weight or what have you, but all in all I feel comfortable there, and I think that is key to working out :) NO SILLY GIRLS DURING MY WORKOUT :)

Haha, yes :) I just had to avoid her. Lol
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    If someone's mere existence is enough to distract you, then you aren't working out hard enough.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Oh ya, I wear cute gym clothes too but no make up and my hair is up in a pony not down and curly. Lol

I do agree the down and curly thing....if your hair looks the same as when you walked in the gym you did not work hard enoug!!!!
  • Abrasue
    Options
    If someone's mere existence is enough to distract you, then you aren't working out hard enough.

I had just got there lol but okay nancy...
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I will never understand that. Granted, if I go to the gym with make up on, it's because I have been at work already (or somewhere where I needed to look presentable). You may catch me in shorts OR a sports bra tank but as of right now, I am not self confident enough for both. That's one thing I love about where I work out...Typically it is just you and a trainer with no one else in the facility. And the days when I'm not there, I go downstairs at work.
  • Abrasue
    Options

It was like she was about to do a photo shoot, not to feel the buuuurn :)

I do agree the down and curly thing....if your hair looks the same as when you walked in the gym you did not work hard enoug!!!!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I wear skimpy clothes and I bet others wish I would wear more( just cause I am a bit chubby) but I honestly could give a crap. I get hot as heck in there and wear short shorts and cut off tees because I sweat so damn much. Lol. But I have noticed at my gym its not so much the girls who are silly its the guys! there is a group that comes in and wears next to nothing shirt that are super tight and to be honest I am not sure if i have ever seen them actually lift. They kinda migrate to different machines and drink their protein shakes and talk then move on to the next machine.

Sometimes I think the gym is a hangout for some people, which gets frustrating when others just want to do their workout and get out instead of dodging people left and right to work on the machines
  • au640
    au640 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I've seen a lot of crazy things at the gym (including a guy having pizza delivered while circuit training) but that is too funny!