Made me laugh....Silly girls in the gym.

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I had just got there lol but okay nancy...

I just don't really understand the issue here. She wasn't talking on her cellphone or actually doing anything distracting, so it was really just her pure existence and appearance that bothered you. These threads come up here all the time about girls at the gym who choose to dress a certain way and I just don't get how it affects anyone else's workout.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Along the same lines, but not the in fake boobs make up direction, I had a young girl on the treadmill next to me the other day (i can't tell ages anymore, but school age.. anywhere from 14-17 i would guess).... On the treadmill walking, then jump on the side rail to talk to her friend on the treadmill next to her... the walk a little, then jump back on the side rail to send a text message the walk a little more then jump back up to talk to her friend... grab her phone... etc etc etc... in 20 minutes she may have "walked" all of 3 minutes. I couldn't help but shake my head as I was finishing up my hour long 5 mile run.

Silly girls.
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    She was a bit "over done". I people watch it is entertaining. And I am sure others have made and will continue to make snide comments about me. I just dont care. As I get more fit. The compliments or observations from the "regulars" are a big boost. We don't have any Gym Beauty Queens were I go, but there are some mighty HOT FIT ladies that work out and leave drenched!

The same can go for guys - OMG - you see these not so BUFF guys prancing around and not putting in the effort. My opinion why put in the time if you are not going to kick your own *kitten*. My time is valuable and I cant waste time doing things half heartedly!

So yeah I would have found her annoying.
  • daffodilsoup
    Options

I just don't really understand the issue here. She wasn't talking on her cellphone or actually doing anything distracting, so it was really just her pure existence and appearance that bothered you. These threads come up here all the time about girls at the gym who choose to dress a certain way and I just don't get how it affects anyone else's workout. In one thread, we tell people who are self-conscious about going to the gym that they shouldn't worry because no one notices, while another simultaneous thread calls people out for things that don't have any direct effect on them.
    [/quote]
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Sorry no offense but I see a couple of things wrong

1) Who cares. Its her business. If she's distracting you, then thats your problem not hers. I have myself been distracted by some very good looking girls at the gym (natural beauties, none of them a show off like you mentioned) and its pleasant for me but at the end of the day, if its distracting me, its my problem. A guy can get distracted by anything...

2) How hard or how little she workout is, once again, her business and not yours (unless you're her trainer).

3) Maybe she was going somewhere right after the gym or is coming from someplace. Chances are low the way you described but still

4) Maybe she's wearing that kind of outfit to make herself feel good. I know whenever I clean up, put on some nice clothes I feel alot better about myself and everybody needs those days and I workout better when I feel better about myself

In short, dont worry about others. She's paying for the membership and staying out of your way. This isnt Facebook where you come to complain about every little thing. From the sounds of it you were a distraction to her with your judging eyes to her
  • okerachel
    okerachel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually don't notice until I look over and they are giving me a disgusted look. Even then its just funny. Probably because I just got done pummeling a punching bag like it insulted my mother, am sweating like a pig, and have a face so red I look like I am about to have a stroke.

What bugs me most is the girls that I just *know* aren't comfortable in their own skin. You just get that feeling that they are looking at you and hating you just because you aren't afraid to sweat, jiggle, grunt and generally throw everything into a work out.

Next time, just chuckle under breath and go back to being kick-*kitten*. Nobody gets to ruin my gym time.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options

I just don't really understand the issue here. She wasn't talking on her cellphone or actually doing anything distracting, so it was really just her pure existence and appearance that bothered you. These threads come up here all the time about girls at the gym who choose to dress a certain way and I just don't get how it affects anyone else's workout. In one thread, we tell people who are self-conscious about going to the gym that they shouldn't worry because no one notices, while another simultaneous thread calls people out for things that don't have any direct effect on them.
    [/quote]

It had very little to do with the clothes and more to do with the hair and makeup. It just made me laugh. I don't know why you are getting so uppity right now. The gym is a place to work, not model.
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    I'm very self concious about how I look especially in the gym. I always wear makeup (I've got good mostly sweatproof stuff) and my hair isnt quite long enough to ponytail so it is either gelled into place or left down or even sometime I wrap it in a bandana. I guess the point is I know people are looking at me (even if its just the paranoia in my head) and I care more then I should. Maybe she is insecure but is that any reason to blast her on an online forum? We all just have to be who we are in the end
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    It had very little to do with the clothes and more to do with the hair and makeup. It just made me laugh. I don't know why you are getting so uppity right now. The gym is a place to work, not model.

I wouldn't so much say I'm "uppity", just confused, really. Who says she's not working? Maybe it feels good to look nice at the gym. Maybe her ex is a trainer there and she wants to look good as a last "f you" to him, who knows. How she dresses literally has no effect on you, and for you to say it's probably because she has low self-esteem is just silly and kind of rude.

I just fail to see how it was even an issue - if that makes me uppity, then I guess I've been called worse things.
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    i understand completely. seems like some people are really trying to rag on you here, but I get it. If I see someone at the gym who is there to show off, it makes me feel weird for going to a gym to actuallly work out, and there's a problem with that.

Hang out at the mall if you wanna show off and look pretty, yannow?
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol, I understand where you're coming from. I shake my head at the people so offended you made a post about this. They must walk on water and never think people are silly for crap they do. It's note worthy because the "look" was out of place. People always notice things that are out of place, like a mini skirt in a business office setting. Come on people.
  • Abrasue
    Options
    i understand completely. seems like some people are really trying to rag on you here, but I get it. If I see someone at the gym who is there to show off, it makes me feel weird for going to a gym to actuallly work out, and there's a problem with that.

Ah, thank you. Yes. Lol I'm not trying to offend anyone, like I said, made me laugh and was just trying to see if anyone else has to deal with beauty queens at the gym.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Was she naked? That would be quite a distraction for me...but it would get my *kitten* to the gym everyday for a possible "sighting."
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I enjoy seeing this stuff at the gym. At my gym the ellipticals & treadmills are upstairs and look down on main gym floor so you can see everything that's going on. Its fun to watch the little shows that women & men equally do to show off and get attention from each other! It makes my time on the treadmill go by so quickly!
  • Abrasue
    Options
    Was she naked? That would be quite a distraction for me...but it would get my *kitten* to the gym everyday for a possible "sighting."

Haha :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

Your profile picture made me smile. Thankyou for that :)
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options

Ah, thank you. Yes. Lol I'm not trying to offend anyone, like I said, made me laugh and was just trying to see if anyone else has to deal with beauty queens at the gym.

lol right. And you worded it so nicely too! well anyways, good post, I know what you mean, glad I'm not the only one :)
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am glad that I am at an all womens gym :) and everyone there is beautiful and of all shapes, sizes, and race and they are doing their own thing.. hell when I get on the treadmill sometimes i have my head phones on and talk on the phone I am there for me and don't care about anyone around me or what they are doing or wearing. I am at the gym to get me right and nothing else.. Now I can say the only time i feel uncomfortable is when I do a dance class and I am outta sync lol but hell alot of people are...
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The better shape I get in the more I notice the lady warriors who get after it. Most of the sexy women at my gym are soccer moms and they are very conservative
  • emily2tx
    Options
    I see those type a lot at my gym. However, the one gal that got me rolling was one that came in to walk on the treadmill, SLOWLY, and ate her Skittles. She lasted a whole 5 minutes. She didn't even burn off one of those Skittles.