You know it's a good workout when...

Options
Upon completing your work out, what factor(s) determine whether it was good or not. What is it that puts that extra big smile on your face?

For me, its when I go to brush out my hair. As gross as this may be, if I can wring out sweat from my hair (which is extra thick and heavy), I know it's been a success.

Replies

• Southpaw3612
    Options
    For me, its when I go to brush out my hair. As gross as this may be, if I can wring out sweat from my hair (which is extra thick and heavy), I know it's been a success.

Haha. Gross, yes. As you described it. Haha

But very true. Lets ya know you worked hard.
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    Typically for me it's when I can barely walk since I worked out so hard. All I can muster is to sit and relax while my heart rate comes back down. Feels so nice even though I'm exhausted at that point.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    When I'm bright BRIGHT red and the front AND back of my shirt is soaked.
    I have fleecy workout pants, and when I rub my shins down after a run and the sweat soaks through! Gross but rewarding.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    ...I manage to get out of the gym before throwing up...
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    When my shirt is soaking wet with sweat and my neck and arms are blochy red. Always feel like a million bucks afterwards, love it
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    A few things.

When I have to lay my work out clothes out to dry overnight, as well as ring out my makeshift microfiber headband thing.

When there's a good high calorie burn.

When I can barely pick up my paralyzed pup in her cart to carry her downstairs.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    when my HRM says ur have burned over 600 cals in an hour.
    when my hair is socking wet.
    take a while for my herat rate to slow down
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When my cheeks turn red from effort & sweat.
  • auddiejo
    Options
    When I'm bright BRIGHT red and the front AND back of my shirt is soaked.
    I have fleecy workout pants, and when I rub my shins down after a run and the sweat soaks through! Gross but rewarding.

Ooooh this is another good one. I'm sure people think I'm crazy as Im walking out b/c I'll alway steal a glimps at the mirror as I'm walking out and if I can see the outline of my sports tank under my tshirt, I get this stupid grin that comes across my face.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    When my legs can hardly walk me to my car... and it takes effort to get out of the driver seat after i get home.
  • AprilPayne24
    Options
    When I make grunting noises without caring who is around me.

When sweat drips in my eyes.

When I feel like I could almost do it again.

When I eat super healthy for the rest of the day because I don't want to make my work-out mean nothing.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Mine is I don't have a dry spot to wipe any sweat off.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    When it hurts to change gears....
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    wobbly, and shiny from sweat from top to bottom- hair wet, face wet, skin wet, SHINY AND WOBBLY AS HELL
  • Hyoderrn
    Hyoderrn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Drenched with sweat, I feel so awesome right after a workout!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    also.. if Im ridiculously horny within an hour of my workout.... i know it was a freaking amazing one
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    when it hurts to sit down
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    When my face and body are so red that I can feel the heat leaving my body from my skin!!!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    The i-phone is in my pocket logging my run, and when I pull it out at the end, I ran further AND faster than I thought I did. SCORE.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    When it feels like I am about to faint, throw up and feel dizzy, all at the same time.

And also when I can do one more rep of some of the harder moves, for me beeing pushups ( NEW RECORD 10 straight ones!) or renegade rows, oblique v ups, fifer scissors and maison twist.