You know it's a good workout when...

Options

Replies

• CharityEaton
    Options
    sweat! LOTS of it in places you never knew you could sweat!
    And the hair thing! I totally get that! I have long hair so pulling out my ponytail holder to take a shower and feeling my hair all gross and sweaty is a nice but nasty feeling!

My daughter commented to me one day, " mom, that is so gross you have sweat in the shape of a heart on the back of your shirt!"
    Made me smile! THAT was a good workout!

Oh, and the times I seriously contemplate walking out the garage door, AROUND the house to the front door instead of walking up the flight of stairs from the basement after running on the treadmill.

How 'bout when you try to sit down and groan like a 100 year old just to realize that NOW you have to get back up??
  • ployjoy
    Options
    I know it's a good workout when..

I DREAD the walk home. Which is, probably, the hardest part of my routine! Haha!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When I make grunting noises without caring who is around me.

When sweat drips in my eyes.

When I feel like I could almost do it again.

When I eat super healthy for the rest of the day because I don't want to make my work-out mean nothing.

DITTO! EXACTLY!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I know its a good workout when.....

My muscles are tingling and quivering while I walk to my truck. That is when I know I had a great workout.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I know it's a good workout when..

I DREAD the walk home. Which is, probably, the hardest part of my routine! Haha!

And you STILL push yourself to do it! That is AWESOME.
  • plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Upon completing your work out, what factor(s) determine whether it was good or not. What is it that puts that extra big smile on your face?

For me, its when I go to brush out my hair. As gross as this may be, if I can wring out sweat from my hair (which is extra thick and heavy), I know it's been a success.

Mine's kind of like yours - when I burn my eyes with sweat, I know I'm in the zone!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    when my phone(my source of music) falls out of my sports bra cause my boobs are so sweaty. And yes, I wash the cover frequently.:sick:
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    When it makes me drink all my water!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    ...I manage to get out of the gym before throwing up...

Thats Awesome!

I am shaking from head to toe....I could pass out if not for the high of the adrenaline pumping through my veins.....Hair soaked.... clothes dripping......Hmmmmm
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    When I want to do it again... and I have the energy of the Energizer Bunny afterwards... Oh and when I come out looking like a hot (both literally and figuratively) mess.
  • jessmarshall1
    jessmarshall1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    when a muscle group i'd completely forgotten about is screaming the next day....
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    also.. if Im ridiculously horny within an hour of my workout.... i know it was a freaking amazing one

i can suggest a good post workout routine...
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Sweat. I very rarely sweat, even when I work out full pelt - but Chalean Extreme is kicking me where it hurts, just the weights have me sweating, I'm dreading the cardio tomorrow.
  • BigJohn82
    BigJohn82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I added weight to the bar
    When I get through a session without pain
    When I get through a session and am as focused when I am done as when I started.
  • tweetyktg
    tweetyktg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have long thick hair, and today after my spin class is was soaking wet. I also could barely make it to the car! =)
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    When I shuffle into the locker room to shower because moving my legs any closer to normal walking is agony.

When I want to cry when I realize I have to lift my arms to wash my hair.

When the next logical step is to collapse in a heap at the bottom of the stairs rather than try to climb them upstairs.

When my husband won't hug me because I'm too sweaty :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    also.. if Im ridiculously horny within an hour of my workout.... i know it was a freaking amazing one

Buahahahaha....YES! THAT THAT RIGHT THERE!
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can totally agree with that statement about the hair! You have to get up a good sweat! Congrats to you!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    When I'm glad my current car is an automatic instead of the 5-speed I used to drive
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    When arms and legs are quivering! Lots of sweat for sure, too!