You know it's a good workout when...

Options

Replies

• Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    When my face is bright red and I've sweat so much that I feel cold after I cool down for about 10 minutes.

And when it takes too much energy and time to undress and shower, I know I've had a good work out. (I do shower though).
  • tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I sweat so much that I have to ppeeeeeelllll off my gross sweaty clothes to get in the shower, then feeling that I need to use the handicapped shower at the gym because I am no longer capable of standing on my own.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I know it's a good workout when:

1) I get home and my wife tells me "You look like *kitten*."
    2) A buddy has to help me get my gear loaded in the car.
    3) I have to cut my workout short because I've run out of sweat.
    4) It's two days later and I'm STILL sore.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    when your eyelids are sweaty and you try to rub it with your arm but that just adds more sweat to your eyes!
    Or when you try to get down the stairs after a gym class and you need to hang on to the rail cos you feel like bambi.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    when I make sweat angles on the floor cause standing up isn't possible for a) leg's won't support me anymore or b) trying not to puke or c) the world isn't as in focus as it should be
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    When I can't move another muscle. And the next day when I wake up and instead of getting out of bed I have to roll out of bed because my whole body hurts.
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I see the calorie count hit 4 digits and there are little pools of sweat on either side of the elliptical trainer.

Honestly though, I do this 10-12 times a week, so I can't afford to be unable to move when I am done. I manage my heart rate 150-160 bpm and manage to put in the full hour twice a day without getting stiff or sore.

:happy:
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    When I get to the change room and sitting down feels SOOOOOOO good.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    When I can barely lift my legs to step over the baby gate. That is a good workout.
  • emmamcc1981
    emmamcc1981 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ....when it feels like the sweat is my fat's tears. *nods*
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When you wanna keep going!
  • auddiejo
    Options
    I see the calorie count hit 4 digits and there are little pools of sweat on either side of the elliptical trainer.

Honestly though, I do this 10-12 times a week, so I can't afford to be unable to move when I am done. I manage my heart rate 150-160 bpm and manage to put in the full hour twice a day without getting stiff or sore.

:happy:

This is stinkin awesome!!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    When I've done more or longer or farther than I thought I could.
    When I feel like I've conquered the workout, not just completed it. Kickboxing with heavy bags does that for me, but there's no gym for it where I live now :(
  • crawpapa
    crawpapa Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I add more weight to ANYTHING, any time I can do more chin-ups, and getting compliments from some of the "gym women" I have known for a few years.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You get off an exercise machine, walk away and still feel like you're on the darn machine :laugh: Is the floor really rolling??? Why am I lifting my legs so freakin high? lol
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I've pushed myself past my comfort zone--and yes, the sweat...more sweatier the workout--the better I feel!
  • girlwapp
    girlwapp Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I play on a team (ultimate frisbee) so I know a workout is worth when my team is successful, we score points, feel good about the way we play, and win! After you've scored a point, you get to catalog your aches and pains, how gross you feel, but the second the pull goes off, all that matter is focus and the disc. I love that feeling. Especially when my BHS is acting up and my heels hurt. The second we start running again, who gives a damn....

It's pretty normal to burn 6-800 calories a day at a frisbee tournament :)
  • bluemist248
    bluemist248 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You get off an exercise machine, walk away and still feel like you're on the darn machine :laugh: Is the floor really rolling??? Why am I lifting my legs so freakin high? lol

YES! Totally get that!

Ooo, and I love that Lara Croft feeling I have after a combat class!

And when I shock people in my Aqua Zumba class by telling them about the 70 lengths I've just swam and how this class is my 'cool down' :laugh:
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    When my PT says, "Do you want to take a break?" An even better workout is when I say, "No thanks." :smile:
  • AliciaMarie79
    Options
    Upon completing your work out, what factor(s) determine whether it was good or not. What is it that puts that extra big smile on your face?

For me, its when I go to brush out my hair. As gross as this may be, if I can wring out sweat from my hair (which is extra thick and heavy), I know it's been a success.