Since losing weight, are you cold?

Options
I have only lost about 18 pounds total but I am cold all the time. Cold at work, have to wrap up in a blanket to watch TV, wear booties and loungepants to bed, and have to throw on an extra blanket. :cry: And it has been relatively warm here in Iowa (compared to most years). Has anybody else experienced this?

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My husband says the EXACT same thing. He lost weight a few years ago and it has happened to him both times! I'm always cold to begin with so I can't say if it's happened to me. :)
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I would do some research on "visceral fat". This is the fat that surrounds your organs, protecting them and also keeping your body warm. Seems that your visceral fat % might be low. Check it out....
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've experienced the same thing and just commented the other day on a similar topic. You may have low iron levels. I had bloodwork done and it showed my vitamin-D & iron were extremely low. I have been taking iron supplements since then and have experienced a noticeable difference. I haven't even used my space heater at work and I used to have it on high every day with a blanket on!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Yep. When I was at my GW I was always cold, since losing again, I noticed it as well.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    All the time cold. I wear a hoodie darn near everyday. and you are right it has been warm for winter here in Iowa. i have a blanket at work that I have to cover with sometimes. and at home I always wear a blanket.
  • vegasaims
    Options
    It happened to my dad. He lost 40 pounds and is always wrapped up in a blanket. I found that my fingers get cold randomly.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    Yep I'm always cold now.
  • jedibunny
    Options
    So weird... I'm usually cold, but since starting here (and I've only lost a few pounds) I felt even colder most days. However, now that I'm actually exercising I find I'm much warmer. I think my circulation is improving slightly... so as long as I keep the blood flowing I'm back around my normal temp. Who knows, if I exercise more maybe I'll heat up for good! lol.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm always wearing a sweater or hoodie at work now.
    At home I used to be comfy with the thermostat at 65F; now it's at 70F and I still bundle up.
    On the bright side- I've shrunk enough that my coat (once tight) now has enough room for a few layers underneath.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I thought I was the ONLY one. Without my layer of blubber, I FREEZE if the temp is under 70! I've even started suffering from Reynaud's syndrome (where my body thinks I'm in danger of freezing so it constricts blood flow to my fingers and toes.) All of a sudden my digits will turn snow white and go numb. It is starting to interfere with my daily activities. If anyone has any more info for us on how long we can expect it to take for our bodies to adjust, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • hellokehtty
    Options
    Yep, my husband and I both! Always cold. We've both had bloodwork, and it's all normal levels. Just less fat to insulate, I guess.
  • cansnchloe
    cansnchloe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear this is normal. I was starting to worry that my thyroid function was low or something! I am chilly most of the time now as well and I've only lost 10 pounds.
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am so relieved to hear others are cold/chilly too!! I thought I was going crazy!! Weird.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hah, yes I had noticed that too. I've been wrapping up like an old man in the past couple of weeks. Being overweight definitely has a few perks.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Yes. I went from being hot and sweaty all the time to now needing a sweatshirt (I often wear socks to bed, of course I live relatively close to Buffalo NY).
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I've lost about as many pounds as Justin Beiber weighs... and Im freaking freezing- until I workout though- then Im normal or... Ive caught fire.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yes. I went from being hot and sweaty all the time to now needing a sweatshirt (I often wear socks to bed, of course I live relatively close to Buffalo NY).

BINGO!! yes I'm 75 down and losing fat means losing insulation.. I would rather wrap up knowing I'm fit and healthy, than be hot fat and miserable! Like I used to be..LOL
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    im always hot and have hotflashes to make it worse and no im not menopausing.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was very unusually cold and I didn't feel that I had lost enough weight at the time I noticed it for that to make a difference. I did some research and my issue was I was eating too few calories (around 1230 a day). Now that I've bumped it up by 200 a day I don't have the cold feeling near as often.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've been feeling the cold a lot more too :-((