Since losing weight, are you cold?

Options

Replies

• kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm cold all the time due to how thin I am, it's terrible. Oh and it's winter which makes it worse.
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I was cold ALL the time!! I think your body isn't used to what you're doing and all of the water and things.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am freezing now. i used to love the cold......now i cant stand it
  • MissFluffyBottoms
    Options
    Meh, I don't really notice a difference. My internal temperature runs a little chilly anyway (97 degrees) compared to the norm--I am always cold.
  • mefeight1964
    mefeight1964 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yep. Fat is a great insulator and when I lose a healthy layer of it, I can always tell it in my temperature perception. While I'm feeling chilled, the rest of the family is running around the house in shorts and opening windows. After always being the hot one, I'll take the change. :)
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am freezing cold all day, every day! :grumble: I have always been very hot natured, so it is wierd to be on the opposite end of the spectrum now.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Just get your blood work done check your thyroid and iron. If that is fine then wear a sweater but I get cold all the time and I am anemic.
  • karylee44
    Options
    Always cold.. even in the summer! you never see me with out my lepard bathrobe on.. even when i dressed!
    and, well, sometimes i pick the kids up at school in it.. just to freak them out! :)
  • Goose28in
    Goose28in Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    All the time. I am freezing right now.
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Now that you mention it I am extremely cold especially my hands and feet..
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    me too! Freezing like all the time! I used to LOVE the cold weather, now I cant wait for summer!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS cold now!

I actually take breaks from my desk job to run up and down stairs to warm myself up! LOL
  • karylee44
    Options
    Now that you mention it I am extremely cold especially my hands and feet..

yes.. my hands are very cold right now.. and my feet as well.. most likely why i don't like to do any art while im cold.. i can't work my hands well.
  • Beccaliebchen
    Beccaliebchen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I honestly believe it's your Iron and Vitamin D intake. I've been cold my whole life, whether it was at 220 pounds or now at 145 pounds. I have a low iron count and people who diet tend to decrease the iron in their blood. Make sure you're supplementing your diet with lots of iron based foods.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't notice the difference, but I don't have much weight to lose. However, I was once talking to a girl who'd lost 45lbs and she said she was always cold now she'd lost the weight.
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Nope.. I haven't noticed a difference yet.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    YES, along with this, i have a lot more bruises everywhere too because of it!! things happen when you lose fat
  • AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just had all my lab work done, complete work up, I am always cold too, I contribute it to weight loss as well as I am drinking a lot more ice water since I have been exercising more? Doctor suggested those reasons as well, after ruling out other possibilities. Just my two cents
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I've found that I don't warm up as quickly as I used to. I do feel the cold a bit more now, but we've been on an economy drive and not had our heating on hardly this winter, so I don't have too much of a comparison.

What I'm waiting for is the summer - my feet used to swell up terribly in the heat, they've not been too bad recently so the summer temperatures will be the ultimate test I guess.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing all the time! I lost about 40 lbs....

It's great in the summer, especially here in Texas. BUT I AM COLD ALL WINTER.... I wear four and five layers of clothing and I'm chilled.

It might be my Vitamin D is off, but my iron level is normal.