What's your username mean?

Options

Replies

• Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was always told by people that I was "Danny Boy" but never figured out why. Then I was told that it was the name of a song. Up to this day I still have not heard this song but know that its out there. I have been called Danny Boy most of my life.

There are a few versions. My favorite is by Floater: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJao-Lw2tXg
  • navygunner
    navygunner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was in a "gunner" (Chief Warrant Officer - Explosive Ordnance Technician), in the United States Navy. Also worked on gun and missile systems.
  • Freebird55
    Freebird55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live aboard our sailboat "Freebird" and 55 the year I was born.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mine is the nickname that I acquired from my mom's family. My mom came from a family of eleven and they each had a nickname. My mom's is Pogo, so therefore I became Pogojr.
  • Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I thought this would be a fun thing to do, finding out the meaning behind your usernames. Mine is AandJsMommy, A is my daughter Anna and the J is for my son Jacob and then the rest is easy. What's yours?

Caper85 simply means that I am from Cape Breton Nova Scotia. If you live(d) in Cape Breton then you are consider a Caper. The 85 part is the year I left the island to come to the mainland, well, Halifax. Now, I'm a Haligonian but that's another story...lol!
  • Got2believe
    Got2believe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    got2believe - well, i tend to have a low self esteem and never actually believe in myself... so, when i signed up i decided that i have got to believe for once, and well, it kinda stuck.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    my daughters name and the first part explains the second part lol
  • 72MonteCarla
    72MonteCarla Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    72 is my birth year. Carla is my real first name. I used to play bass in a punk band and one of my band mates started calling me Monte Carla (obviously a play on Monte Carlo), and it stuck. I liked it. People often wonder if I have a '72 Monte Carlo car, but I don't. I do have a '67 Triumph motorcycle, though!
  • amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    First letter of my first name, my middle name, first letter of my last name and my DOB. Clever, yes I know ;)
  • jo2907
    jo2907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my name and my DOB!, very simple just like me, lol!:laugh:
  • feduh86
    feduh86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Feduh86 - Nickname from high school and my favorite number =)
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I used to play The Crims and made up a whole bunch of accounts with Winnie The Pooh Character related names and Psychopiglet was my main account and my favourite of the names; other people also found the name amusing so I have used it all over the net since then. Piglets are also my favourite creatures.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    My initials DS,the year I was born 67 and Austin,Texas.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    anomaly in spanish
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    spinqueen72==I tear up the spin bike.
    nuff said
    :)
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Harley FATBOY....need I say more???? Its low, black and chrome, and LOUD.... Loud pipes save lives- watch out for Bikers this spring!!!
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My last cats name and my current age
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    It's from the song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." I have eyes that change color a lot, and so I thought it was appropriate. The 1056 part is because KaleidoscopEyes was already taken by somebody who really hasn't been active, so I got pissed, but still. I like the number 1056.
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    First name Amanda+Mommy to 3 kids = Mandamommy3
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I spent time in Mexico doing Missionary work and so that's where chica (girl) comes from. Angel was my nickname and 88 is my birth year. I've used that name for forever! So it kinda is stuck for everything.