Who wants to eat fish when it tastes so fishy?

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Definitely get wild Tilapia, farmed Tilapia is fed corn- GROSS!

Why is that gross?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Funny I read this.. I've eaten fish 3 nights in a row now.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Why is that gross?

if a fish is fed corn and eats too much, do the kernels come out in its poop?
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options

Why is that gross?

SMH.....
  • soniyamas
    soniyamas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am trying to add fish to my diet, but.. I HATE FISH! The fishy taste is just terrible. I have tried Tilapia, Salmon, Trout, Cod and Tuna steak and i just do not like it. Is there any fish out there that is still good for me and still has a decent taste?

OHH I am in the same boat as you. I want to eat fish but can't stand its "fishinessss" :frown:
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    "If it doesn't make it past my eyes and my nose there is no way it makes in my mouth." ~August

The fact there are many super tiny life threatening bones to contend with just adds to why you shouldn't eat it..!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Why is that gross?

SMH.....

you know you were thinking it too!
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Why is that gross?

Or is it the fear that some how this fish is eating all carbs and in turn you are then eating all those same carbs?
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Try dolphin/mahi-mahi

Soooo yummy!!!

Okay, I may be the only one, but I FREAKED OUT with "dolphin/mahi-mahi". I had to look it up. Mahi mahi IS a dolphin fish, but not dolphin as in Flipper.

Dolphin.jpg
    Picture of Dolphin fish

Sorry if I'm the only one who didn't know that, but I just wanted to share that in case anyone else reading this thread almost cries over eating Flipper...
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Why is that gross?

I personally didn't know about the corn fed thing, but I prefer wild caught because I don't like my meal to swim in a pool of its on feces before I eat it :grumble:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My favorite new quick, easy, nutritious supper is as follows:
    - 6 cooked jumbo shrimp (you can buy a bag of pre-cooked shrimp - all you gotta do is drop them in boiling water for a couple minutes)
    - a Bag of Birds-Eye Steamfresh Veggies
    - You can top with a little of your best salad dressing if you like

This gives me a 250 calorie very filling meal that provides fiber, veggies, and protein. 252 calories, 30g protein, 2g fat, 20g carbs, 300g sodium. Done in 8 minutes and very good.

This sounds really good and easy. I LOVE birds-eye steamfresh veggies too. I might even go a little crazy and top it with some fresh squeezed lemon and dash of soy sauce. YUM.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I agree that the freshness is a factor. I live in the midwest and fish here is so nasty. When I travel to a coast, seafood becomes more tolerable.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Why is that gross?

I personally didn't know about the corn fed thing, but I prefer wild caught because I don't like my meal to swim in a pool of its on feces before I eat it :grumble:

Unlike the pure crystal clear waters of our streams lakes and oceans all of them free of animal urine and feces. You are so right. Thank you
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Try dolphin/mahi-mahi

Soooo yummy!!!

Okay, I may be the only one, but I FREAKED OUT with "dolphin/mahi-mahi". I had to look it up. Mahi mahi IS a dolphin fish, but not dolphin as in Flipper.

Dolphin.jpg
    Picture of Dolphin fish

Sorry if I'm the only one who didn't know that, but I just wanted to share that in case anyone else reading this thread almost cries over eating Flipper...

Whats wrong with eating Flipper? Bambi and his Mommy are delicious and for that matter so is Thumper.
  • calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The only fish I can stomach is talapia. It doesn't matter how fresh the fish either. I have literally caught a trout and cooked it within 3 or 4 hours and still coudln't do it.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Try dolphin/mahi-mahi

Soooo yummy!!!

Dolphin.jpg
    Picture of Dolphin fish

Whats wrong with eating Flipper? Bambi and his Mommy are delicious and for that matter so is Thumper.

Funny story 'bout that...

I was in Miami a couple years ago at some small cafe for lunch and saw "Dolphin sandwich" on the menu. I thought this was either:

A) A funny sandwich name
    B) Homage to the football team
    C) ZOMG I'M EATING FLIPPER!

Then I asked about it and they realized I'm a doofus from Pennsylvania and explained what dolphin (dolphin fish) actually was.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Why is that gross?

Unlike the pure crystal clear waters of our streams lakes and oceans all of them free of animal urine and feces. You are so right. Thank you

I knew a smart *kitten* was going to come along and say this :happy: I thought about debunking it before I started but whatevz :wink:
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I recommend scallops or mahi mahi to people who are trying to break into seafood
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I cannot stand salmon -- I have tried it a million times at home, restaurants etc. thinking I canmake myself like it because its so health -- but I hate hate hate it!

The fish I found recently that doesn't taste fishy to me is Flounder -- its frozen in a bag at target and pretty good.
    I actually like sardines in the can, shrimp, crab, scallops -- so that will have to do :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Try dolphin/mahi-mahi

Soooo yummy!!!

Dolphin.jpg
    Picture of Dolphin fish

Believe it or not, I see your point. Why do I LOVE a good steak, but would cry at the thought of eating venison? Why are roasted Henny Penny, Cocky Locky, Ducky Lucky, Goosey Loosey and Turkey Lurkey among my favorites, but I couldn't stick a fork in Thumper? I don't know. I know I'm inconsistent. Sorry.