MEN - I have a bone to pick with you!

Options
STOP HOGGING THE GYM and the WEIGHTS area! I got news for you...you are not the only one that lifts. Now, I know you look DAMN GOOD lifting...but let me stay on track, it is not YOUR gym. Us ladies get it in too.

I went to the gym the other day with my fellow MFP girl Dollface and the men were claiming alllllllllll the benches, mirror space, free weights, etc. We HAD to make our presence known and take over.

Okay, I'm through with my rant! But ladies, feel free to chime in :0 SMH to the men... Have a blessed day!

Replies

• dollface314
    dollface314 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    lmao!!! they do take over the gym
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    lmao!!! they do take over the gym
    IKR...MOVE OVER BUDDY!
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I hear you, but two women were lifting the other day, directly in front of the weight rack and the mirror. I just walked over to the rack and stood there until they moved. What's up with that, anyhow?!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Girl you are NOT lying! I stroll right up in there and ask to work in their sets...don't even hesitate...I have business to tend too. lol
  • Hannekve
    Hannekve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went to a gym in England a few months ago. The cardio sections were fairly empty, but once I got to the weight room it was overflowing with men. As a woman I felt like I was crashing a party. :smile: I'm pleased to say that at my local gym in Norway things are starting to even out! Spin classes, weight section and treadmills are used by both men and women, the exeption is Zumba, only one or two men ever go in there...
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    First come, first serve young lady. Beat me to the bench or dumbbells and its all yours but don't complain if I got there first and don't complain if I do 5 sets!

Actually with those beautiful eyes of yours I'd probably melt and ask if you want my bench! ; ) and just move on to something else.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    Girl please, thats my area...I go straight in between the men & start lifting....I luv that, its what I call the "eye candy" area...I get 2 stare! LMBO!!!!!!!!
  • tarynnmichelle
    tarynnmichelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! and dont even get me started on leaning over on a bench to do tri-cep pulls!...It feels like every one of them pause to stare the whole time i'm there!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Girl please, thats my area...I go straight in between the men & start lifting....I luv that, its what I call the "eye candy" area...I get 2 stare! LMBO!!!!!!!!
    I'm not shy at all...but I have to make them respect me. They act like its "their" area - not common ground.....
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I like being the only Male in Body Combat class.......

I am glad that my GYM is large enough that it is easy for everyone to grab some weights.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Go to Curves :)
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    It's our revenge for you taking up all the spots in the zumba class! Men want to dance too! :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Haha! I'm not afraid to ask them when they are done :D I usually find room actually ^-^
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Get those suckers to move the hell over and show them how it's done!
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    GoodLife Women's Club!!! :) best decision i ever made
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    It's our revenge for you taking up all the spots in the zumba class! Men want to dance too! :)

:laugh:
  • TheDecision
    Options
    I don't generally "hog" machines/benches/mirrors, but I also don't like sharing UNLESS YOU CAN KEEP UP WITH ME ON WEIGHT. I don't have patience to unload/reload plates between each set.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    First come, first serve young lady. Beat me to the bench or dumbbells and its all yours but don't complain if I got there first and don't complain if I do 5 sets!

Actually with those beautiful eyes of yours I'd probably melt and ask if you want my bench! ; ) and just move on to something else.
    LOL - You know I am telling the truth though...thanks for the compliment hun!
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I tried Zumba....ONCE. I looked like I was having a severe allergic reaction. :laugh:

I guess I just wasn't cut out for that type of cardio. I'll stick to the treadmill/elliptical/cycles....they seem to be more my style.
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    At least you women can flirt your way in to getting a bench or a set of dumbbells if you need one.