MEN - I have a bone to pick with you!

Options

Replies

• trainorgirl
    Options
    well..keep in mind that they are there to work out too....they are not hogging the equipment they are using it also... Maybe dont rant on MFP because clearly there is nothing that can be done on here to fix your situation!!! Maybe ask to work in with the guys and start sharing the equipment!!! If ya went to a ladies only fitness center do you think that there wouldn't be ladies there hogging the equipment too!!??!! if no, them maybe wouldnt a womans only gym be better suited for your needs???? Doesnt matter what gym you go too your not going to get your equipment all the time...with the training i am doing i cant get the equipment i need at the time i would like to go.. so i get up at 5.30am everyday and hit the gym.. Its sooo early no one is there and i can use what ever i want!! maybe give that a whirl!! and if your to lazy to get up at that time to get your work out in.. than clearly its not that big of an issue for you..
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'll ask to work in...the best day was when I had to move the pin to a heavier weight for my pull-downs! The dude was simultaneously impressed and mortified... Good times!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOOOVE Body Combat.

I go to Gold's gym...and it is huge...but all MEN are working on beefing their chest up...can't get a bench for nothing...without waiting around till they get off - that slows my momentum down...when I am there with Sweetie...I don't have that problem.

Men, be honest....you think that SOME women are there just wasting time...
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I guess it's no wonder they created women's workout world.....but really....are they THAT hostile or is that how you perceive them when you walk up? Are they really sneering at you or something?
  • addisondisease2
    addisondisease2 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Someone is on something I want:

Me: How many sets do you have left?
    Gym Rat: 5
    Me: Cool I'll work in with you

--

Me: How many sets do you have left?
    Gym Rat: 2
    Me: Cool I'll wait till you're done.

--

If you have a back bone you can get pretty much anything you want.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Girl you tell em!
  • Mocha02
    Options
    Yea they do hog up all the equipments. How about one dude asked if I was willing to switch over to a different bench cuz he wanted to use the one I was on. I said hell no! Why are you asking me out of all the other people here?? Is it because Im a woman??? He said no no no....and started laughing. I said you can wait just like everybody else hun. He laughed and walked away. Smh
  • jackpotclown
    Options
    well..keep in mind that they are there to work out too....they are not hogging the equipment they are using it also... Maybe dont rant on MFP because clearly there is nothing that can be done on here to fix your situation!!! Maybe ask to work in with the guys and start sharing the equipment!!! If ya went to a ladies only fitness center do you think that there wouldn't be ladies there hogging the equipment too!!??!! if no, them maybe wouldnt a womans only gym be better suited for your needs???? Doesnt matter what gym you go too your not going to get your equipment all the time...with the training i am doing i cant get the equipment i need at the time i would like to go.. so i get up at 5.30am everyday and hit the gym.. Its sooo early no one is there and i can use what ever i want!! maybe give that a whirl!! and if your to lazy to get up at that time to get your work out in.. than clearly its not that big of an issue for you..

THIS^^
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    First come, first serve young lady. Beat me to the bench or dumbbells and its all yours but don't complain if I got there first and don't complain if I do 5 sets!

Actually with those beautiful eyes of yours I'd probably melt and ask if you want my bench! ; ) and just move on to something else.

It's not the 5 sets-it's the guy who feels he has to do 15 sets of bench press and spend 3-4 min in between each set flexing his biceps in the mirror.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Walk right up the the biggest looking guy in the place and punch him. That should set the tone.
  • SaketoKim
    SaketoKim Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Home gym. :) Or start with purchasing a weight set and bands. No distractions and cuts drive time out. :flowerforyou:
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    It lifts weights with the stupid fat hobbits and the precious. No female creatures come over to it while it lifts or near the filthy weights. They run on the eliptical thing they do.
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    This post you just typed was totally useless to me. I get up and be at the gym on most mornings at 5:30 am sweets....but I go when I can get it in. AND MY MONEY IS GREEN LIKE EVERYONE ELSES - You know what? You are a Non factor and I am not going to waste typing anymore. Just GTHOH!
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    Walk right up the the biggest looking guy in the place and punch him. That should set the tone.
    LOL
  • poeticallydevine
    poeticallydevine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Girl please, thats my area...I go straight in between the men & start lifting....I luv that, its what I call the "eye candy" area...I get 2 stare! LMBO!!!!!!!!

yesssssss. this right here. lmao
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Grow a set. Most people are at the gym to workout. Do you see men pissing and moaning because all of the cardio machines are taken by all the ladies?

Seriously, though...why not ask the person if you can alternate your reps? Maybe you'll make a new workout buddy.
  • sroehrs
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! made my morning dude.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    STOP HOGGING THE GYM and the WEIGHTS area! I got news for you...you are not the only one that lifts. Now, I know you look DAMN GOOD lifting...but let me stay on track, it is not YOUR gym. Us ladies get it in too.

I went to the gym the other day with my fellow MFP girl Dollface and the men were claiming alllllllllll the benches, mirror space, free weights, etc. We HAD to make our presence known and take over.

Okay, I'm through with my rant! But ladies, feel free to chime in :0 SMH to the men... Have a blessed day!

I would give my weights up to you anytime you asked for them. All you have to do is walk into the middle and tell them to step aside and they probably would.:bigsmile:
  • jackpotclown
    Options
    It lifts weights with the stupid fat hobbits and the precious. No female creatures come over to it while it lifts or near the filthy weights. They run on the eliptical thing they do.
    Just epic that made my day
  • BADGIRLstl
    Options
    STOP HOGGING THE GYM and the WEIGHTS area! I got news for you...you are not the only one that lifts. Now, I know you look DAMN GOOD lifting...but let me stay on track, it is not YOUR gym. Us ladies get it in too.

I went to the gym the other day with my fellow MFP girl Dollface and the men were claiming alllllllllll the benches, mirror space, free weights, etc. We HAD to make our presence known and take over.

Okay, I'm through with my rant! But ladies, feel free to chime in :0 SMH to the men... Have a blessed day!

I would give my weights up to you anytime you asked for them. All you have to do is walk into the middle and tell them to step aside and they probably would.:bigsmile:
    Well thank you. I know so many women that "fear" going on the "men" side of the gym. I told them, that's the place to be! Last week when I went, a group of men actually complimented us for doing a good job on lifting. I did love the respect they gave us for actually working and being serious about our fitness.