Options
12346»

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    38 year old Canadian :)
    feel free to add me!

I find my problem is not making the time for me...even though we don't have kids it seems there is always something more important to do.

Anyone else have this problem?

Yes - that's my problem too. We don't have kids either and we spend a lot of time together which is great - but he doesn't eat as healthy and work out like I would like too. Also, we travel for motorcycle events and so we are on the go alot. I wish I could get into a good routine and stick with it.
  • jody0726
    jody0726 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. I am determined to weigh what my drivers license says - that means I've got some work to do. =) I'm working at this lifestyle change everyday. Add me and let's encourage each other.
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I just entered the 40 club in January & you are right about it being a slow process. Taking it one day at a time & making sure to stay the course, I've been losing (not as fast as I'd like), but I am happy as long as the scale keeps going in a downward direction. I love to motivate others because it helps me too.. Add me if you want :)
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    you can add me, I'm 38 years old - always looking for support!!
  • redz4u99
    Options
    Hi there, Im 41 and trying very hard to keep with my diet. I am going on a cruise with my daughter in October and I need to lose as much weight as I can. I need to lose about 75lbs. But I will settle for anything at this point. I have a 2 1/2 year old son that I thought would keep my as active as possible but its just not working. My metabolism SUCKS!
  • sunnshnegrl
    sunnshnegrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and it is definitely a lot harder this time around. But I know it can be done. We are older so we have more patience right? lol I keep thinking maybe my scale is broken and I'm not really losing weight but it keeps slowly going down. :smile:

Add me too please!
  • Heidihomelinda
    Heidihomelinda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You can add me!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. You can add me. Good luck to all.
  • mgpage
    mgpage Posts: 123
    Options
    I fit this group, I'm 40 and it is hard. You can add me and anyone else that needs a friend send me a request.
  • leeann1975
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I am 36 almost 37 shhhh don't tell anyone lol looking for friends more my age feel free to add me we can only succeed in this journey if we do it together :smooched:
  • tmbsunset
    Options
    I am 41 and I have the same problem. I will put everyone first and I am last. I want to succeed with this and will need all the help I can get. I want to meet people that I can connect with to remind me that I am doing this to make me happy.

Add me and join me in this new journey.
  • kao1114
    Options
    I'll be 40 this year and I'm looking to be 40 and FAB-ulous, not 40 and FLAB-ulous so the time to be selfish and make me a priority is now. :) And we need to understand that it's OK to do that - - everyone around us will benefit when we feel good about ourselves inside and out! Best of luck to all!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I made the cut! I'm 36. :-) Anyone can add me.
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    We have just graduated to the 'cool' club!! I turned 40 in January. This year i decided it was time. NO more procrastinating.
    We are all facing the same struggles everyday. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

I love MFP. I have found so many great supportive friends on here. Feel free to send me a friend request.
    :smile:
  • L1zz1eBeth
    Options
    That is no joke about metabolism slowing way down after 35....It gets even slower after 40...
    I am 44 and need to shed about 40#.
    I wish all of us luck and hope to be of support to all...
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    I am 43 and just starting down this road- So any friends my age would be great- lets help each other
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 40 and around my late 30's my metabolism slowed WAYYY down too...stinks!:grumble: Until then, I always ate whatever I wanted and didn't worry about my weight. Ugh.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I am 35.
  • girl6_nyc
    Options
    Add me too. I'm a 41 year old mom of 2, work full time and never seem to have time for myself.