Replies

• Makaio14
    Makaio14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    *Like*
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Be careful of Diet Soda. Yes, you are saving calories, but at what cost to your body?

I used to love Captain & Coke...until I learned about how bad soda is for our bodies. Then I switched to Michelob-still love it, but the calories are high.

Now, I love Tangeray & Tonic. (approx) 75 calories in Tangeray & Tonic has 80. OR choose club soda which has ZERO calories. Very refreshing too!

1 oz Tanqueray® gin
    3 oz tonic water
    0.25 oz lime juice
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Vodka Soda (Carbonated water) with an orange wedge. It's my favorite drink so far. 67 calories.
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i always drink vodka sodas. I try to limit it to 2 a night just because anymore than that for me and I start to become a mess. So not attractive! But try Vodka Sodas. They don't taste that great so maybe you won't want to drink as much :happy:
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I miss my Crown and Coke on the weekends!!!

Yess!!!!!!!
  • 40some
    Options
    micholob ultra light is also a good alternative if you want to drink beer. only 95 calories.
  • AbbysMonkeyMama
    Options
    For beer drinkers, don't be afraid of Guinness. It's surprisingly low in calories.
  • kmboffice88
    Options
    I had the hardest time with this. I stopped drinking for awhile, and then my friends actually stopped inviting me out to the bars with them (which was totally lame, but I can't say I was being much fun at a bar not drinking). Eventually I just let it go and did what I wanted. It takes an additional 3500 plus your 2000 cals to gain one pound of fat. I highly doubt you're drinking and eating that much in a day anyway, especially if you hit the gym before hand!! :) I try to just go out one night a weekend instead of both nights and that usually works out just fine with no bad weight outcomes.
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I drink shots with no-cal mixes. Rye and diet coke, vodka and crystal light (even vodka and diet coke...vodka doesn't have that much taste especially after a couple :wink: ). If you're going out dancing with friends, then I'd worry even less because you can get some exercise in with some high energy dancing! You should try to eat something though before drinking, so you don't get completely wasted!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who enjoys a drink (I'm a student), and there has been many a time when I've been worse for wear because of drinking on an empty stomach. How can I drink AND not go over my calories? I'd drink low-calorie drinks such as gin, but even one of those is around 100cals. I don't even want to THINK about a beer.

How can I get round this?

I think you know the answer already.
  • LovesAdventure
    LovesAdventure Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Exercise more, love your beverages.

that's my solution!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Dry reds. On the day of, eat your protein and low fat. 1g protein and .35g fat per lb of body weight. Go very very light carbs and then go out and enjoy some drinks. Too easy.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Um, go to the gym and "earn" your booze calories.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    Im a beer snob... Bud 55 ain't gonna cut it... Heineken is only 150 a bottle... nurse it. ;)

LOL... drinking heineken is beer snobbery?
  • donnantx
    Options
    Bud Light Platinum 137 calories ( I know cuz I just had 4 of them) and I miss my
    Crown and Dt 105 calories..l..I gave it up for lent
  • erichlf
    erichlf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bud light is 4.5% alcohol the beer I drink is 9% alcohol and is 200Cals. So, technically my beer is lower calories. lol
  • Billdavisjr
    Billdavisjr Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink shots with no-cal mixes. Rye and diet coke, vodka and crystal light (even vodka and diet coke...vodka doesn't have that much taste especially after a couple :wink: ). If you're going out dancing with friends, then I'd worry even less because you can get some exercise in with some high energy dancing! You should try to eat something though before drinking, so you don't get completely wasted!
    Agreed! my favorite "new' one is vodka and ocean spray diet blueberry. The higher the alcohol percentage the more bang for calorie buck. As long as your primary goal is weight loss a few low-calorie drinks will only serve as calories and not hurt you.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Instead of a glass of wine I have a wine spritzer, half wine half seltzer water, with a twist of lime
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    FYI a typical beer (like miller GD or high life) only has about 140 calories..not that I drink those anymore - they put high fructose corn syrup in it... YUCK