Any ideas for 3 cans of organic pumpkin????

Options

Replies

• rachelelizabeth88
    rachelelizabeth88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    add it in your oatmeal for breakfast :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    pumpkin pie
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    ADD IT INTO YOUR CHILI OR SPAGHETTI SAUCE RECIPES... YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW IT'S THERE BUT MORE VEGGIES AND AND HEALTHIER..
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie, baking (replace oil, eggs, butter, water, etc.), add to smoothies, make soup (chili?). There's lot's of possibilities.
  • southfork3
    Options
    I make Pumpkin Spice Bread every christmas for all our neighbors! I found the recipe on allrecipies.com (it was submitted by Delora Lucas if that helps you narrow it down when if you serch for it). I don't know if you are looking for something sweet like this but it's awesome and I've gotten lots of compliments on it over the years! It has 191 calories per slice (makes 32), but I don't know if that is a lot or not!

I also have a recipe bookmarked in my Eat, Shrink & Be Merry cookbook that I think looks good but haven't made it yet. It's called "Gourdian Angel" and it says it's a "silky pumpkin soup with apples and ginger". I would think you could look it up in their website, but you can always send me a message if you want me to send it to you! (This makes 6 servings and, has 142 calories per serving)

Have fun creating something delicious!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Perfect Pumpkin Protein Pancake”

INGREDIENTS:
    •1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    •4 TBS canned pumpkin pureee
    •1 TBS ground flax seed
    •2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
    •2 TBS almond milk, soy milk, or skim milk
    •1/2 tsp of Stevia
    •pinch of baking powder
    •dash cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.

2. Heat pan on med heat and spray with PAM.

3. Then pour batter on. Flip once small bubbles have formed on top.

NUTRITION FACTS (1 serving = entire recipe): 211 cals, 4g fat, 9g carbs, 36g protein
  • darla100
    darla100 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump...love pumpkin...
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I used to make this great pumpkin sauce...absolute heaven when paired which cheese raviolis...i'm sure if you google it the recipe is around
  • dlindzey
    Options
    Add the pumpkin to angel food cake mix! It's so easy and awesome.
  • rbeatty63
    Options
    I saw a post somewhere where someone mixed it with those boxed cake mixes? Without oil and eggs, and I think they made some pretty kickass pumpkin muffins. Never tried it myself, but it sounded intriguing.

I'd make pumpkin bread or loaf :) Let me know if you want the recipe. I have it kicking around somewhere, or use it to make a veggie lasagna. I've made it where you spread it in between the layers of pasta with tons of veggies, sauce and ricotta :)

12854723.png
    I tried this and I only have one word: Absolutely terrible (okay, 2 words LOL). I have an oatbran muffin recipe that I bet would make a good use of that pumpkin and probably would be really.
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid my only idea was juggling with them.
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    I'm sure all of my ideas have already been shared, but I adore pumpkin and can't help responding. I use it in everything! I also have three cans in my pantry and should use them soon. What have I been waiting for? Anyway…

add a tablespoon to yogurt for breakfast with some cinnamon, nutmeg and a sprinkle of granola…yum!

add it to all smoothies! I usually try to get creative with sneaking vegetables into my smoothies, pumpkin is perfect for this.

if you treat yourself to ice cream, mix in a little pumpkin for added nutrition

I've never tried it, but I was just thinking a sweet potato salad could be interesting…use canned pumpkin + yogurt as your base

of course there's oatmeal…pumpkin is perfect in oatmeal, add all the spices you'd normally add to pumpkin pie

dessert - heat some in the microwave with cinnamon, nutmeg, and maybe a little honey…throw a marshmallow on top! yum!!
  • emfilomena
    Options
    So many good ideas! I am really simple and just put some canned pumpkin (not pie filling, just plain pumpkin) into my oatmeal, add a little cinnamon and sweetener, and it tastes great! Very filling as well, and it's only 40 cals per 1/2 cup of pumpkin.
  • nannylil
    Options
    MAKE PUMPKIN PIE) ABOUT 150 CAL PER SLICE IF MADE WITH LOWFAT OR FAT FREE EVAPORATED MILK. CAN ALSO DECREASE THE AMT OF SUGAR. DEEP DISH FROZEN PIE CRUSTS HAVE MUCH LESS FEWER CALS THAN TRADITIONAL FROZEN CRUST. OR DONATE TO A HOMELESS SHELTER OR SOUP KITCHEN.
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I still have a can of it (love it fresh or canned) from the holidays. I'm not supposed to eat it because it has a high glycemic index and I'm diabetic. If I could have it, I'd probably make pumpkin bread, but, I've been known to just eat it as a side dish or by itself.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid my only idea was juggling with them.

Adorable! :drinker:
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thanks again! These are all terrific ideas!!! YAY!
  • ejanderson
    Options
    I saw a post somewhere where someone mixed it with those boxed cake mixes? Without oil and eggs, and I think they made some pretty kickass pumpkin muffins. Never tried it myself, but it sounded intriguing.

I'd make pumpkin bread or loaf :) Let me know if you want the recipe. I have it kicking around somewhere, or use it to make a veggie lasagna. I've made it where you spread it in between the layers of pasta with tons of veggies, sauce and ricotta :)

12854723.png

Yeah these are awesome! I make them all the time with Spice Cake mix. Just drop them on a cookie sheet and they turn into these cake-y cookie-y muffin tops! Yum!!!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    pumpkin bread!

this reciepe with a few tweaks applesauce instead of oil, and splenda blend in stead of white sugar, you could probably use whole wheat flour too , i haven't tried that one yet though

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/downeast-maine-pumpkin-bread/detail.aspx