What is some really good cereal?

Options

Replies

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I love the post great grains cereals. It's higher in calories but it's 4g of fiber per serving. It's one of the very few cereals that actually makes me feel full after 1 serving.
  • Fay84Vegan
    Fay84Vegan Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have a mixture of Puffed brown rice cereal and organic muesli with soya milk - YUUUMMMM!!! :o)
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I go with 1 1/4 cup of kixs for 110calories! and 1/2 cup 1% milk. So good, a lot of food per serving and it gives me a sweet fix!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    try Optimum Nutrition's hydro whey mixed with ice + coffee + almond milk instead of carb-heavy cereal.

Or pour that over some carb heavy cereal :)

I once had a chocolate whey shake over cocoa rice krispies. it sort of blew my mind.

I think a chocolate whey shake over peanut butter puffs would be something I would only eat naked.
  • alicia2601
    alicia2601 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the reduced sugar frosted flakes.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    I don't do cereal very often, but when I do I like Banana nut multi-grain cheerios, plain cheerios, honey bunches of oats with almonds, cracklin oat bran, rice krispies, and on the rare occasion I will cook up my own granola! These are the only cereals I eat, other then the hot cereals.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I have not found a cereal other than proper Scottish oats / porridge (not ready brek style) that stops me getting hungry till lunch.

Weetabix contain sugar as do most cereals and they cause a 'sugar crash' - I can just about get till 11am on weetabix so they are the one I have in the cupboard but honestly don't eat them often. If I do it's a banana on top for me and cold milk.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Some whole grain and fiber cereals are high in calories, the things we are counting. Grape Nuts have no sugar, just malted barley and wheat. Quaker Life is pretty good, but has sugar in it. I am currently eating low sugar instant oatmeal. I do not eat sugar substitutes like sacrulose or NutraSweet. NutraSweet is aspartame and is a really bad sweetener, stay away from theses sweeteners.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    try Optimum Nutrition's hydro whey mixed with ice + coffee + almond milk instead of carb-heavy cereal.

Or pour that over some carb heavy cereal :)

I once had a chocolate whey shake over cocoa rice krispies. it sort of blew my mind.

I think a chocolate whey shake over peanut butter puffs would be something I would only eat naked.
    This is making me hungry - and since I can't have milk or gluten - also quite sad.
    I guess I could go grab a spoon, some peanut butter, and some chocolate pea protein, but it doesn't sound quite the same.
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i love life cereal, but the milk that goes with it does not like me, so i gave it up

kashi go lean is a good quality nutritious cereal and can be eaten without milk
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

ba ha ha ha! Love this one!
  • dragonladywendy
    Options
    Since discovering Dorset Cereals I'd have to recommend them! The fruit based ones have 30-50% fruit, lots of fibre and the sugar is from the fruit (haven't got the details to hand right now though) they also do nut and seed types too. Gorgeous with milk, pouring yoghurt etc and you still get the sweet kick!
    Good luck finding one you like :smile:

Just been on their website and for Simply Fruity Museli the nutritional values are:

typical values 100g as sold OR per 75g with125ml semi-skimmed milk
    Energy kJ 1,279 1,203

kcal 301 283

Protien 6.8g 9.3g

Carbohydrate 63.9g 54.2g

- of which sugars 29.6g 28.5g

Fat 2.5g 3.8g

- of which saturates 0.5g 1.6g

- mono-unsaturates 0.8g 1.3g

- polyunsaturates 1.0g 0.9g

Fibre 7.7g 5.8g

Salt below 0.1g 0.1g

- of which sodiumbelow 0.1g below 0.1g

The website is: http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Kashi autumn wheat and cascadian farms raisin bran... both yummy and no added vitamins and minerals - all natural
  • JennBona
    JennBona Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the Kashi cereal...go lean and the toasted cinnamon crunch is pretty awesome too and good amounts of protein and fibre ....keeps me full and its yummy :)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    corn chex

I used to love rice chex (I have celiac's, so most cereals aren't good)... and then I found out I was allergic to rice! CRUEL CRUEL WORLD. I'm such a cereal lover, too :(

cinnamon life used to be my favorite.
  • FitnessKing8
    FitnessKing8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    total cereal or wheat and barley cereal
  • mightypear
    Options
    If you like the mini shredded wheats, try Kashi's Island Vanilla. Those Kellogg frosty wheats were my favorite until I tried Island Vanilla.
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love Raisin Brand (store brand is great, but Costco has Post on sale all the time) with a handful of blueberries or strawberry halves and half cup of 1% milk. Makes for 60 grams of Carbs which my dietician has me on.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like Honey Bunches O' Oats
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Special K Chocolately Delight.