Ladies - Brazilians

Options

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'd love to get one. Tired of shaving every other day, ugh.

PS - had a friend say sex with a woman who's brazilian-ified...is amazing. I can imagine! No chaffing if I'm on top! Really want one but haven't had the money to throw down, nor the desire to grow it completely out just to get one. Oie.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Save the pain a break out a razor.

Perhaps this is TMI but though the razor is cheaper and less painful the regrowth is awful! I'll take a few minutes of ouch over stubble any day!
  • jranderson3
    Options
    I have been doing it for years. I think the first time is the worst, if you keep doing it regularly the hair is more fine & way more sparse so it doesn't hurt as much if you keep doing it. I normally get it done every 6-8 weeks, and I notice if I go longer in between sessions it does hurt more, but it is tolerable. I think it also depends on the kind of wax that is used, my girl does the kind of wax that hardens and then is ripped off, no cloth strips w/ the sticky wax ( I had it done once that way and it was more painful, left me bleeding & bruised!).
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Trim your hair to a 1/4 inch, take Ibupropen 30 mins before, and have it done just after the start of your cycle. The first time is worst, subsequent times, not too bad.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Unless I am getting paid bookoo money to be a model naaaaaw I ain't doing it....shave a tad maybe but no ripping!!!!!!!!!!
  • mbertagnolli
    Options
    Trim your hair to a 1/4 inch, take Ibupropen 30 mins before, and have it done just after the start of your cycle. The first time is worst, subsequent times, not too bad.

Yes it is worth it (for both partners), yes it hurts, but THIS is the best advice regarding how to minimize the pain.
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten one but I'm thinking I might just prefer the laser hair removal surgery to avoid all that pain and then the repeat of it every time I want to get it done afterwards. Of course I'm 100% positive that my wallet wouldn't appreciate the price of such a process.

Lazer hurts. When they tell you its going to feel like a rubber band flicking you skin...THEY LIE!
    Having said that apart from it being expensive it really works well.

I had laser hair removal on my face....not only did it not work...it was the most painful thing I ever had done! It literally brought tears to my eyes. I can't even imagine having it done "down there"....
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    the pain goes away quickly. it's the ingrowns that come about 5 days later that make it unbearable. invest in a 5 blade razor and shaving cream - it's easier and save you the humiliation on spreading for a stranger.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I gotta talk my husband into paying for me to get this done. I shave EVERYDAY. Would love to be smooth without shaving all the time.
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    OK, so all you ladies that get them done, how do you cope with ingrown hairs? I used to epilate my legs and the sides of the bikini area but the ingrowns drove me nuts!!!
    Also, is the hard wax the best way to go?
  • byronguy74
    Options
    ha ha I meant maybe we should ask the men if they have a preference. Although I'm thinking that given the opportunity they wouldn't be too picky :O)

In my previous experience, freshly waxed seems to be softer and smoother than freshly shaven BUT as you point out I am not one to complain either way! That being said, I dont know if I have what it takes to wax. I have no problems trimming things up with clippers and hitting some of the "low lying" areas with a razor but the wax might just be too much...
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    lol @ taking pain killers before a brazilian.
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    done it a handful of times.... wasn't too bad, imo. worth it -- hell yes.
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I couldn't go without my beloved Brazilian! It stings a bit, but I really don't think it's that bad. I'm weird though...when I'm nervous I get serious cases of the giggles. My esthetician thinks it's hilarious because I giggle through the entire thing, so that's kind of embarrassing, but the job itself is so worth it!
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Who seriously has that much hair down there to warrant such torture????

I'm not an especially furry girl or anything but I can totally see the merit in waxing. What, are you working with like, a few pathetic wisps or something? LOL

But I dunno about all this waxing business. Is it that difficult to shave? It takes like 10 seconds. Sure, it's not perfect, but it doesn't cost $80/month or feel like death either. Plus, I have other things to worry about like...oh...I dunno. My life.

Good point.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    So f*cking painful!!!! Any chick that says it isn't, is either lying or botoxes their crotchal region... It's worth it though.. I'd just save "intimacy" for the following day or your vag will look angry........ :mad:
    I can't stop laughing at this...
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hurts like HELL (especially if you have coarser hair), but I totally recommend it! I would also try laser hair removal - considerably more costly, but soooo worth it in the end!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    How long does it last? I don't wanna go through the pain just for it to last a week......
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    The inner areas hurt the most (a 2inch wide strip that starts right above the button & ends just past the opening). Other than that it's really not that bad. But those inner areas KILL. The pain amazingly only lasts a split second then rapidly goes away! And yes, you will feel way lighter. For 12-48 hours after (depends on how it feels) I reccomend wearing pants with stretch-lululemons. Baggy clothes will cause chaffing, & jeans will just be plain uncomfortable.

Also: make sure your waxer is clean, professional, and up on the latest techniques. She should be asking you to pull your skin taught & should use a pot of wax that is plugged into the wall & cloth strips. She should also use powders and creams to soothe.

The very first time hurts the most & you will notice hair growing back right away-but only a few hairs. It took about 6 weeks before I started noticing a fair amount of hair, & 2.5-3 months before it was fully grown back. I really do think it's worth it! But everybody is different, my friend's hair grows back in only 2 months!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you'd feel 5 pounds lighter, but I find it much preferable to shaving. It hurts. But if you keep up with it, it's fine.