Ladies - Brazilians

Options

Replies

• cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Here's something NOT to do: Back when Brazilians were the new "thing", I worked at a salon and they needed a guinea pig on which the aestheticians could practice. I had gotten waxed a thousand times before, so I was like, "Why not?" So there I am on the table, about 10 women all around me while the "expert" showed them how it was done. Then one of our girls tried on an area and kept going over it over & over & over. Talk about being raw! And if that wasn't bad enough, I went tanning afterwards. I tan naked. You can guess what happened. I walked as if I were riding a pony for a few days. They gave me zinc to put on it at work, but it hardly worked considering I probably had 2nd degree burns on my raw hoo-hah!
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    <
    Loves Brazillian on a woman.. whether it's shaved or waxed.. kills the rhythm of things when you have to stop to pull hairs off your tongue... sure the women agrees with that point where a guy is concerned also...

Did I black out?! Or did that really just happen? Lol.
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    shave every other day, i dont have to wait for to grow back etc

and when you have been shaving a while you dont get shaving rashes etc...well i dont anyway lol
  • arking04
    arking04 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It certainly doesn't feel GOOD or anything, but the end result is worth it!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    it hurts like hell... but we are women... hear us roar :wink: just trim your hair down so it's the length of your eyelash... you'll love how smooth you feel!
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    5 pounds lighter? Idk about that >.<

Go for it, I love it and I know a lot of other woman that love it.
    You come out soooo smooth and it grows back nicer than when you shave.

I happen to have a high pain tolerance....but before you go take an ibuprofen like half an hour before and it should help you with the pain.

Have fun ;D
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    shave every other day, i dont have to wait for to grow back etc

and when you have been shaving a while you dont get shaving rashes etc...well i dont anyway lol
    ^^This
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Why exactly would this make you feel 5 lbs lighter? That is the craziest selling point I've ever heard for letting someone rip hair out of your skin.
    my thought, exactly.
  • DreamiJeani
    Options
    Hurts like a ***** but I looooove the end results. Of course I work in a swimsuit... so its also a convienience thing
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have had a few. Make sure you go to a reputable waxer. You should definitely get a recommendation from a girl friend also.

The last one I had put me off of them for the time being. She rushed through it which will cause more irritation and in-grown hairs (if you are prone to them).

Make sure you wear no underwear after. Wear cotton pants/shorts. No jeans or pants with hard seams. It will be irritating. Also grab some lavender oil for the irritation.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Aside from the ripping of the hair, which feels like its got roots going up to your eyeballs....The hot wax on the *kitten* is a nice distraction from the seering pain of your pink, naked, swollen, sometimes bleeding netherlands.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Youtube "people getting brazilians". Good times.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Have a drink and/or take a couple ibuprofens before you go and make sure you have something nice planned for afterwards.

It's not really that bad and it's an awesome feeling once it's done. As the waxer lady told me.. while it hurts like a mother initially.. the pain only lasts for 2-3 seconds at a time. Once I had that idea in my head it was pretty easy going...
  • Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Listen up ladies!

I'm here to share my amazing (little known I think) secret, and you will never have an ingrown hair again. Get ready for perfect bikini lines... guaranteed and way cheaper than all the crap that doesn't work that is supposed to.

Buy spray antiperspirant/deodorant (I use Suave) and spray the first few days after you shave or wax.

When I was in college I worked at a spa for 5 years and a stripper who was getting a bikini wax told me this secret lol. Been doing it ever since, and I swear I give myself brazilians (I have a Nudesse pot) and haven't had a bump in 10 years.

Just make sure you don't buy a brand of deodorant that dries white or you won't look very hot on the beach :)
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    Re: waxing your lady garden...

In my experience it does hurt. You are getting hair ripped out, of course it will hurt! I find it's similar to getting my legs waxed. I get both done every 8 weeks. Have done for about 8 years.

I'm naturally really blonde (and the curtains do match the drapes :wink: ) so I have very sparse, fine hair which is not really suitable for lasering.

Because of the cost I have tried occasionally to shave instead but I can't handle the in-growns and the itchiness! And the fact it's not as smooth and grows back within a day. To me that's not worth it. I would rather go to a salon and not think about it for 8 weeks.

As for guys, I once saw a guy (a life model) who had a waxed landing strip on his man garden. He also had fake tan. Not attractive in the slightest! I'd love my bf to get a wax but there is no way in hell he would ever agree to it! And it would probably look really weird. But I think the 'after dark' activities would be amazing because of it!

My 2 cents :smile:
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Never mind
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    it hurts a lot when it's happening but after its no big deal and the results are definitely worth it in my opinion. try it out and see if you can deal!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I had my first one ever a few weeks ago (I wanted to be bathing suit ready for a cruise I was going on)......it hurt. Someone on here compared it to child birth but it's not that bad. Not even as bad as getting a tattoo. And I wasn't sore at all afterwards. I would definitely get one again :blushing:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I get them done every 4 weeks. I go to a waxing salon that uses the purple wax that does not require strips, it hurts a lot less than regular hard wax. The first couple times were pretty painful, but I'm really used to it now! 15 minutes in and I'm donezo! Plus now what hair that does grow back is a LOT more sparse and finer, I'll NEVER go back to shaving!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Do it!

if they weren't so effing expensive I'd do them all the time.