11 months -60 lbs with pics

Options
cjwolfjen
cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
Lost 60 lbs. First 30 lbs took me 7 months, just calorie counting but not trying my "hardest" to eat the correct foods (i.e. healthy, natural, clean. less carbs and starches, more protein and fiber, you get the idea). Also walked and did exercise dvd's at home. Although the first 30 lbs took a long time to come off it was still motivating and I enjoyed the freedom to eat whatever kind of food I wanted and the occasional "cheat" day.

Then I decided to try a specific, low calorie, clean eating type diet. It consisted of many things the basic idea was: no carbs, no sugars, no starches, no dairy, no oils. Half my body weight in oz. of water each day (roughly a gallon of water or more each day). This diet was extremely difficult in the discipline aspect. But very easy once you got into the groove, and it became habit. During this time I lost another 30 lbs, however it only took me about 50 days.

I took a few weeks off, upped my calories and introduced other foods. Ate maintenance levels, and worked out (did not workout much during the low calorie diet). Overall I have lost 60 pounds and have just started my strict diet again. Ready to shed even more weight. YES losing weight fast was fun, addicting, and empowering, but losing it slowly also taught me many things as well. I have learned so much about food, myself, and my own abilities and limitations.

My goals now are to reach ONEderland, workout a lot more to build strength and tone/tighten up loose skin. Now that I'm thinner, I want to be stronger and more physically active. This journey isn't just about a pant size, its about trying to eat right, drink plenty of water, EXERCISE (something I struggle to keep up with) and most importantly- NOT beat yourself up when you make mistakes. They call it a journey for a reason. Embrace it and push forward! :)

Here are my pictures. In the BEFORE pics I am roughly 250-270 lbs in my AFTER pics I am roughly 205 lbs.

IMAG0831-1-1.jpg

179385_1845949067886_1215444168_32265821_3718315_n-1-2.jpg

001-1-2.jpg

Picture014-4-1-1.jpg

003-1-1.jpg

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    wow fantastic! you look great!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    great results.... the hard work shows:)
  • emfilomena
    Options
    WOW! A world of difference :) You look wonderful!
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    GIRL YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! i am so inspired. thank you ;))
  • santamommy
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration you are! You are doing a great job! I have been struggling to get to 25 lbs in 13 weeks and I am 1 lb away. Ready to go for the next 25. I still have 100 or a little more too loose. Add me if you like, I would like to hear more about the clean eating because ive been eating what ever I want.
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Congrats
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :)
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    wow, that is awesome! great job!
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    Wowie! Congratulations and thank you for sharing! Your hard work is paying off!
  • JayPeazy
    JayPeazy Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done Miss Lady!
  • bskupien
    bskupien Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Way to go! I know I should cut out more white carbs, sugars, and processed foods and am inspired by this. Thanks!
  • readytolivelife
    Options
    Congrats to you you look happy and healthy!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You have done so great. Congratulations. :)
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You look wonderful!
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    that's just amazing! you look great!
  • tiffvea
    Options
    When you started the eat clean diet, was there any plan you followed, or book purchased to help guide you? Also, congrats!:smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Fabulous Job!! You look lovely:flowerforyou:
  • jenbison
    Options
    Wow, you look really great. You do not look like you weigh 205. You look fit and healthy. Congratulations!
  • betholiver
    Options
    Wow Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am very interested in the clean eating diet you used:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!