I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• Jennas2012
    Options
    I love computer games! World of warcraft, Sims, Wii, Xbox... Im a computer nerd... It could also be because my hubby has me hook up the electonics and new gadgets :bigsmile:
  • tlath70
    tlath70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was excited that I finished 2, challenger-level Soduko puzzles today! My other qualifications for nerd status: I like to crochet, own all 7 HP movies-as well as having read all of the books, own all Next Gen Star Trek movies, and watch Dr Who and Battlestar Galactica with my husand! :glasses:

Nerdy is the real Cool...
  • ESierra1978
    Options
    My palms get sweaty and my heart races at the though of the upcoming 1st installment of The Hobbit movie coming to theatres near you December 14, 2012. And I get sooooo angry when my son, who has read the Lord of the Ring,s insist that Harry Potter is better, poor baby ( he's only 11)
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Soo i have a question.

Is it more nerdy to own the nerd classics (from start wars, and monty python to Harry potter)
    or
    to have downloaded all the classics, because you dont own dvds?
  • MattysWoman
    Options
    Hahaha dude. I'd say the dl movies because you don't have DVDs.lol
    I'm a nerd because in hs I played d n d.. Very little. And as dude said I have those same movies!!
    I also love the movie space balls.lol
  • ESierra1978
    Options
    Thats a hard one it's like kindle versus book. I like to watch the movies on dvd or blu ray. We have all the collectors editions in the cool boxes( that costs extra u know :happy: )
  • cheyniemama
    Options
    I got really excited when I learned the mechanism of why Cheerios helps lower cholesterol, lol.

And maybe the fact that it bugged me that I didn't know before :)
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Hahaha dude. I'd say the dl movies because you don't have DVDs.lol
    I'm a nerd because in hs I played d n d.. Very little. And as dude said I have those same movies!!
    I also love the movie space balls.lol

of course i have space balls too...
    basiclly, every nerd movie you can think of... and most guy movies (and some chick flicks) all on two 2TB hard drives usually plugged into the Xbox to watch.... with all that, i dont even need cable or sat tv. lol.
    funny thing is i havent played a game on the xbox in so long, i dont even know where the game controller is... i have a "tv remote" that does it..
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    I got really excited when I learned the mechanism of why Cheerios helps lower cholesterol, lol.

And maybe the fact that it bugged me that I didn't know before :)

because it gets rid of a high cholesterol bacon breakfast....
  • ESierra1978
    Options
    "How may *kitten* we got on this ship anyway" lol
  • penney88
    Options
    I finish pretty much every day diving into a book :happy:
  • MrDude_1
    Options

"sir!"
  • penney88
    Options
    I sleep with a "blankey", i play online fantasy games, i like anime, i like to smell paper.

Holy crap, I thought I was the only one who liked to smell paper!

In high school my friends and I would smell our books before we would read them. We were convinced we could tell how good a book was going to be by the way it smelled.

I always smell a book before I read one- thats why I love used book stores and libraries :blushing:
  • _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm a nerd because I've known Klingon since I was eight. I'm the only one in my entire class that understands my chemistry professors's jokes and I've probably been to more star trek events than concerts or ragers:smile: I'm a pretty cool kid. And for some "light reading" my grandpa gave me his old neurobiology textbook...and I've read that thing cover to cover......twice:blushing:
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I object to the term "nerd." I am a geek. :)

Exhibit A: I've got a shirt that says "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead" on one side, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead" on the other. It's one of my favorites.

Love big bang theory!
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love Big Bang Theory too! My highlights in high school were Speech and Debate Tourneys on the weekends. :)
  • ESierra1978
    Options

"sir!"
    OMG U really r a nerd, didnt think anyone would get that. LMFAO
  • leogirl724
    Options
    my best friend~who is the coolest guy on the planet...tells me all the time I'm a dork and I trust his opinion.
    it's not mean, it's funny...
  • MrDude_1
    Options

"sir!"
    OMG U really r a nerd, didnt think anyone would get that. LMFAO
    to be honest, i think they yell "yo" but im not positive.
  • Kaalley
    Kaalley Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because my brother and I watched all three Lord of the Rings (extended) movies in the span of 1.5 days, I know those movies by heart, and I spent my spring break sewing several Hobbit and Elf costumes just for the fun of it.
    I also get crazy excited when anyone knows Sherlock and Dr. Who (BBC), because those are two of the best tv shows EVER!
    Aaand I'm a Musical Theatre major...need I go on? lol :tongue: