I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Love world of warcraft. Started playing Skyrim but took an arrow to the knee.

Also read way to many nutritional papers, books, blogs. Pretty much my second full time job.
  • c0mmonN3rd
    Options
    I know i am a nerd because i can look up one word online, then spend a half hour tangent on related features of that said word.
    That and playing fallout, oblivion (just started) and broke off WoW for a bit.
    That and glasses.... lol
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

That and glasses.... lol

thats a stereotype... lets not perpetuate it.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Just so everyone is clear the winner is Picard ...
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Just so everyone is clear the winner is Picard ...
    Yes.

Now can we debate the Star Wars trilogy? Han shot first. (and theres only 3 good movies)
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I can rattle off approximate tonnage & top speed for lots of ocean liners.

JM
  • MrDude_1
    Options

JM
    lol. job related, or just for fun?

I once spent an afternoon at work watching videos of ships being launched... I especially liked the ones where things went wrong. lol.
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I read each and every reply, nodding at some, shaking my head at others, and laughing at most of them. :laugh:

Now can we debate the Star Wars trilogy? Han shot first. (and theres only 3 good movies)

I absolutely agree!
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well I've just spent the last two hours at work discussing the merits of what order to show Star Wars to your kids so they get the most out of it. Release order? Episode order? Others? BUT I know I'm a nerd because we decided that we'd need to have at least 3 kids to test it on in order to see it's impact not only on their enjoyment and understanding of said series but also to better *kitten* the wider impact, if any, on their lives [political inclination, average lifetime earning and average lifetime relationship length (both friends and lovers.)]

Read this blog entry to discover more: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I'll get my coat.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options

JM
    lol. job related, or just for fun?

Just for fun. I like ships.

JM
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I read each and every reply, nodding at some, shaking my head at others, and laughing at most of them. :laugh:

I absolutely agree!

Yeah seriously............................................
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

I have debated Picard vs Kirk and have won

Picard won right? :-)

No, Kirk!

Kirk. Any day of the week.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just remembered a new one to add to my geek cred.
    I modified my kids nerf dart dart guns to make them shoot farther....I have one too.

Also...Kirk / Picard?? Who cares!!! Ben Sisko ...total badass!!!!!
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    Well I've just spent the last two hours at work discussing the merits of what order to show Star Wars to your kids so they get the most out of it. Release order? Episode order? Others? BUT I know I'm a nerd because we decided that we'd need to have at least 3 kids to test it on in order to see it's impact not only on their enjoyment and understanding of said series but also to better *kitten* the wider impact, if any, on their lives [political inclination, average lifetime earning and average lifetime relationship length (both friends and lovers.)]

Read this blog entry to discover more: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/

I'll get my coat.

now my opinion on viewing order is to show them in release order... with the unedited original films.... (han shoots first, no Hayden Christensen at the end) but then after III continue and show the updated original trilogy again since they'll "get more" out of it this time...

i feel nerdy for even having an opinion on this.
  • BMMack
    BMMack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just remembered a new one to add to my geek cred.
    I modified my kids nerf dart dart guns to make them shoot farther....I have one too.

Also...Kirk / Picard?? Who cares!!! Ben Sisko ...total badass!!!!!

It's clearly a competition between Sisko and Picard, but I have to go with Picard on this one.
  • maglodee
    maglodee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have 2 xbox360's and 2 PS3's ... one set for the kids, the other set for me. Nobody touches my equipment!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I am glued to my iphone, ipad and MacBook. Also I religiously read all tech blogs from various sites. This excites me LOL
  • jerzygrl5k
    jerzygrl5k Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "How may *kitten* we got on this ship anyway" lol

"sir!"
    OMG U really r a nerd, didnt think anyone would get that. LMFAO

I knew it. I'm surrounded by *kitten*!
  • carlos1989
    carlos1989 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "How may *kitten* we got on this ship anyway" lol

"sir!"
    OMG U really r a nerd, didnt think anyone would get that. LMFAO

I knew it. I'm surrounded by *kitten*!

JAHOWL DARKK HELMET LMAO
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    I have the limited edition Ultimate FX lightsaber...and I use it.