I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My favorite book is snow crash, my achievement score is over 15,000 and level 12 with 5 platinums. I'm pissed Bioshock Infinite and Diablo III are taking so long but I'm excited for ME3 on Tuesday. I got married online to my husband who was the web programmer for skirmish league. My favorite t-shirt is FPS bulls-eye. I was the only female competitor in the MW3 pre-release. My husband would fit with BBT in a heartbeat. I knit, crochet, and quilt. I wear glasses and my 5 year old knows both Dr. Who and what a fulcrum is. I met my husband at summer camp and wrote letters back and forth for four years before we were able to date in person.

lol at this moment my hubby is freaking out because a 12 year old just screwed him in dungeon defenders and I laughed because I just leveled up my apprentice. :) Oh and I went to band camp.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I watched 5 episodes of Through the Wormhole today.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My big issue with BBT is they don't write female geeks right at all. They had that one comic book artist character, and it was a total waste. Don't get me wrong I like the female characters, but honestly the only one who's ever been even slightly really geeky is Penny.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the BBT is the first sitcom i actually enjoy watching in years.
    I can relate to it... but like someone said, its not a "smart" comedy..... meaning to me, i dont have to keep watching every previous episode to know WTF is going on.... i can just see one, and laugh.
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    It's Saturday night and for fun I am leveling a new WoW toon just for the hell of it. I <3 questing.
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    It's Saturday night and for fun I am leveling a new WoW toon just for the hell of it. I <3 questing.
    I do that quite a bit, personaly I love making new worgs also I know I am nerd because I saw this ninja turtles hat and literly flipped out lol. TMNT 4 EVER
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I find Voltron fantastically awesome.
  • Hannova
    Hannova Posts: 50
    Options
    I just wanted to say, I <3 you people!

Geek Chic!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a geek because I HATE when people think watching Big Bang Theory makes them a fellow nerd/geek.

Harry Potter too.

Don't get me wrong, I understand enjoying those things, but they're not part of geekdom.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd, because.......

My husband and I fell in love with eachother while playing World of Warcraft.

I just spent my morning playing Borderlands with my husband.

I have a tattoo of my daughters initials in Daedric writing (from the Elder Scrolls games) and am going to get my son's initials tattooed after I hit 30lbs lost.

My entire living room is littered with video game and movie posters.

Oh the list goes on and on and on.......
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd, because.......

My husband and I fell in love with eachother while playing World of Warcraft.

I just spent my morning playing Borderlands with my husband.

I have a tattoo of my daughters initials in Daedric writing (from the Elder Scrolls games) and am going to get my son's initials tattooed after I hit 30lbs lost.

My entire living room is littered with video game and movie posters.

Oh the list goes on and on and on.......

I love your ticker!
  • curiousheathy
    Options
    Let's see...

- After completing my undergraduate in mathematics, I still find myself coming back to the math lab in hopes of doing some math, despite that I'm now studying education

- I can talk to my students about Pokemon, Star Wars, various cartoon shows... and even out-geek them

- My fiance and I enjoy nothing more than sitting on the couch watching Battlestar Galatica, Star Trek, and Firefly

- Despite purging my closet to get a more professional wardrobe, I CANNOT say goodbye to my Avatar: the Last Airbender t-****, my Neville Longbottom t-shirt, my Pikachu t-shirt, and my TMNT t-shirt

- My senior year of COLLEGE I dressed up as Pikachu

- My face is usually buried in a Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or Chronicles of Narnia book.

- My playlist has many familiar sci-fi themes on it as opposed to more "popular" music choices

list keeps going and going and going....
  • Sophie983
    Sophie983 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed when people write "I want to LOOSE weight".

REMEMBER: If your pants are too loose, you might lose your pants.

I know that my grammar isn't perfect (english isn't my first or second language), but this really annoys me. :) Oh well. :flowerforyou:
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i'm into Steampunk!

(so much so that i organise a 3 day event!)
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    nerd-dork-geek.jpg

thats me :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I play sudoku, words with friends and other brain teasers right before i fall asleep at night.

edit: worst of all-- i spend every waking moment studying/doing homework
    (Math & Engineering even as i'm eating)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because my ultimate goal is to become an immortal, invincible, cyborg genius ruling the Universe for the good of all living things.

Nerd on a power trip, checking in!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I always look for inorganic compounds on the back of household cleaning supplies and chemicals and think of the chemical formulas in my head...including charges on the atoms...and if I can't remember what charge it is I HAVE to look it up or it will bug me hahaha
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I make complicated excel spreadsheets for fun, I'm an engineering student, I like to work with computers, the list goes on and on.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I always look for inorganic compounds on the back of household cleaning supplies and chemicals and think of the chemical formulas in my head...including charges on the atoms...and if I can't remember what charge it is I HAVE to look it up or it will bug me hahaha

the nerd in me always gets annoyed when people start talking about "no chemicals" in anything...... I also get annoyed when people assume "natural" is safer, when its clearly safer to have an exact amount of an active compound instead of a wildly varying amount from a "natural" source.