I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I like how watching big bang theory makes people a nerd...

watching doesn't make you a nerd, understanding almost every reference certainly might
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    im a dork cause my favorite character on scrubs was JD.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I like how watching big bang theory makes people a nerd...

watching doesn't make you a nerd, understanding almost every reference certainly might

Agreed 100%!!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    At 15 I was jaded enough to know that Firefly's cancellation was inevitable.

It would make my day if someone called me a luddite, because then I would be able to use the line "Did he just call me a luddite?"

I've never had the reference in my screenname correctly identified.

I don't consider Harry Potter true nerddom.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I studied Radiation Physics and Dosimetry..that's pretty nerdy, someone else put that they knit, I do that too, my friend still tells stories about how I brought my knitting to a tattoo parlor and started knitting infront of all the tatted up customers lol.

Oh yeah I love love Buffy :)
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just spent an hour and a half playing on accounting software and researching accounting and tax questions. And enjoyed it!

What's yours?

That is SO messed up...lol. I've been working on tax prep all weekend, and cannot imagine how in the bloody hell anyone would *ever* want to push numbers for a living. I'd rather have teeth pulled....quite seriously. I've always wondered if CPA's actually enjoy what they do....you're living proof that people like you actually exist. God bless ya....:wink:
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I had a law subject at college & read a thick book on law from cover to cover for a prelim exam from morning until dawn, now that's nerdy.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    At 15 I was jaded enough to know that Firefly's cancellation was inevitable.

It would make my day if someone called me a luddite, because then I would be able to use the line "Did he just call me a luddite?"

I've never had the reference in my screenname correctly identified.

I don't consider Harry Potter true nerddom.

Fires of Orion- a ship from the TV show Andrommeda?? did I win?
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a video game nerd because, you name it, I've played it. (Or at least heard of it.)

This.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i can quote the lines from star trek movies along with the actors as they say them! i also date a nuclear engineer B)
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I object to the term "nerd." I am a geek. :)

Exhibit A: I've got a shirt that says "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead" on one side, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead" on the other. It's one of my favorites.

I HAVE to get that t-shirt! Hilarious!
  • gasolean
    Options
    i write papers on saturday and friday....and like it!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I have a bachelors in advanced mathematics and statistics and I tutor the first 4 calc series and advanced logic to local college students as well.
    I also record how do they do it on my DVR daily and Megabuilders on occasions too :happy:
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I arrive on school campus before the sun rises and I leave after it sets. :)
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I spent my afternoon cleaning up our file server, figuring out a way to re-purpose an old laptop, and watched Mall Cops. :-P
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    ...the best name I could come up with for myself is DataBased - because, like other posters have stated, I get all excited over creating some complicated spreadsheet and throw parties because I've completed one phase of data cleanup in the database.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Look at my pic.
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm studying Cognitive Neuroscience (and just applied for my first research grant to record resting cortical activity in individuals with Down Syndrome to compare them to the resting cortical activity of those with Alzheimer's Disease - one of the diseases I want to study in my career).

I taught myself all of Brodmann's Areas over the summer for fun.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I object to the term "nerd." I am a geek. :)

Exhibit A: I've got a shirt that says "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead" on one side, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead" on the other. It's one of my favorites.

hahah - I saw that shirt in a T-Shirt store and almost bought it! Classic!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and that don't!