I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• Mydnyte_Ryder
    Mydnyte_Ryder Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have intentionally stationary cycled in stages by calorie increment and added them to mfp one by one on the same day to identify how each of the categories is impacted by each additional effort.

I have a better day when I can trust that I can claw back what I overate for the day. :P
  • anjydarling
    Options
    - My Darth Vader collection which includes: Many figurines, a Darth Vader Alarm Clock, A Darth Vader Candy Dispenser, Various Posters.
    - I'm a Gamer gal. In fact, i'm getting Blademaster her Generation 18 greaves at the moment, Refining, and sharding them with vit. stones.
    - Glasses :glasses:
    - Nerds turn me on

and right now I wearing my "Who's your Daddy?" shirt with Darth Vader Chillin on the Front.

:smokin:
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I got bored and taught myself the basic HTML codes so I could make my own xanga layout site...
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I read sci-fi, volunteer at the science center, work as a mechanical engineer and my favorite excercise is running due to it's efficiency plus all the data you can track.
  • 12strikes
    12strikes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Because... I learned to program in BASIC on a TI-99/4a. Anyone else have one of these?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nerd, I don't think, but I can get nerdy when it comes to Excel. I swear, it just gives me an adrenaline rush!!
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Because... I learned to program in BASIC on a TI-99/4a. Anyone else have one of these?

Hahaha. Yuppers cut my coding teeth on that bad boy! Love this thread!

To add to the loose/lose thing......my peeve is your/you're.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    I live for syntax. I correct the errors in the Church bulletin.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just bought an iphone game called Zombies, Run! and am super excited to try it out...
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I'm not a nerd, I don't think, but I can get nerdy when it comes to Excel. I swear, it just gives me an adrenaline rush!!
    When in doubt, you are. :wink:
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I was in the band for 12 years, and I am an encyclopedia when it comes to science in terms of nutrition
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to Words with Friends.

JM
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    I love to read.

I knit and crochet.

I love to draw: http://miss-misery1313.deviantart.com/gallery/
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great works there....a bit of a House fan are we :)
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because my business card tells me so:

Dan Durocher
    Entrepreneur. Nerd. Success Freak.
    (519) XXX-XXXX

No, I'm not kidding. It really does say that. :bigsmile:

edit - Plus my wife tells me I am every time she sees me buying the Saturday paper just to read the comic section.
  • Ender928
    Ender928 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I own a casio databank watch and wear it almost everyday.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I watch/ have seen all the nerdy shows listed so far.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My watch tells me time in Binary, I work in IT, and I love updating device firmware.
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'd rather play call of duty then go out. =)
  • huracan_mery
    huracan_mery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a nerd because all the kids told me so in school...because I got 1530 on my SATs ... because I like Ray Kurzweil and Vernor Vinge and Greg Egan (no vampires/dragons/wizards for me thanks) ... because I try to locate actual scientific articles to back up a claim before going around repeating it .... because sometimes people think I am talking down to them when it is totally not my intention ... because I do not know when people are finished listening to me and can continue to go on and on ... because I memorized my squares and cubes up to 20 for fun ... because I am studying for my amateur radio license since I want another nerdy hobby ... because when I was in the hospital and they were asking me the day's date and my birthdate to check my awareness I gave it to them in ISO 8601 format