I know I'm a nerd, because...

Options

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and that don't!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    because i can teach you how to DOMO! :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    At 15 I was jaded enough to know that Firefly's cancellation was inevitable.

It would make my day if someone called me a luddite, because then I would be able to use the line "Did he just call me a luddite?"

I've never had the reference in my screenname correctly identified.

I don't consider Harry Potter true nerddom.

Fires of Orion- a ship from the TV show Andrommeda?? did I win?

If you got that with google: You win.

If you got that without google: You win at LIFE. :bigsmile:
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Last week, I corrected my teacher's improper use of a semi colon on my mid-term. 0:-)

LOL two weeks ago my boss was doing a slide show presentation on skills she wanted all of her employees to have, and under her Written Communication column she had grammar spelled "grammer"...I was the only one to notice, but politely waited until after the meeting to correct her.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I get excited over complicated Excel formulas....

^ THIS! :flowerforyou: :love: lol

as well as database design and programming in visual basic....
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i'm a historian for my job and i love my job....reading 1000's of pages of gov't documents excites me :love:
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

It would make my day if someone called me a luddite, because then I would be able to use the line "Did he just call me a luddite?"

I gotta be honest, I googled. In penance for my sin, I did however spend the last 20 minutes on the Andromeda Wiki....
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I teach English Literature to middle school students.

(This also puts me in the "crazy" category as well :bigsmile: )
  • carlos1989
    carlos1989 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hours playing a role-playing game, watch star wars forever n say the lines to every movie i have ever seen
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    I have a Harry Potter tattoo.
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love Star Wars, snort when I laugh, play video games when I can, watch Dr. Who, obsessed with Game of Thrones, and wear glasses.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I object to the term "nerd." I am a geek. :)

Exhibit A: I've got a shirt that says "Schrodinger's Cat is Dead" on one side, and "Schrodinger's Cat is Not Dead" on the other. It's one of my favorites.

Ok my boyfriend loves the sound of this t-shirt and his birthday is upcoming, where did you get it?

ThinkGeek.com. I bought all of my Christmas presents there last year... it's an awesome site.

ETA: Looks like everyone else has already said this. :)
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Haha, love all the responses.

Exhibit B: I can solve a Rubik's Cube in about a hundred seconds.
    Exhibit C: The highlight of my sixth-grade year was attending public lectures by both Brian Greene and Stephen Hawking.
    Exhibit D: Fourmilab.ch just might be my favorite website.

I could keep going, but I really do have calculus homework to do...
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

I gotta be honest, I googled. In penance for my sin, I did however spend the last 20 minutes on the Andromeda Wiki....

Awesome. :bigsmile: Sounds like a win to me!!!
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Because I saw the first LOTR movie in theaters 8.5 times....the .5 because I got there late one time
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i love jigsaw puzzles, documentaries about the universe, and sci-fi books and movies... especially firefly/serenity. i don't know how many times i've watched that.

i can't get enough of any fantasy RPG you put in front of me (but i never buy them for myself).

every guy i've ever been in a relationship with has either been some kind of math/science/computer/engineering major. i met one at a LAN party, and he paid for my subscription to everquest. we had many gaming date nights... using the wireless network i had in my home, for my 2 computers... even though i lived alone.

lastly, i married an engineer and find his nerdiness uber sexy, especially at night when he takes out his contacts and is wearing his glasses. :)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I own 4 lightsabers.... They're mounted to the wall.
    Damn you got me beat by two.
  • smetivier26
    Options
    -The Imperial March is my ring tone
    -There is always a Steven Hawking book by my bed
    -I always turn bright red when a guy compliments me or hits on me, then just make it awkward. lol
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a nerd because Sociological and Anthropological theories excite me :)
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    ...while watching the presidential debates, I argue with the TV on the constitutionality of the arguments the candidates set forth, based on historical arguments. I seriously wonder sometimes if anyone else actually reads history books, because if they did, they couldn't possibly condone the platforms upon which most political candidates attempt to stand.

...the subscriptions to my favorite magazines are TIME, Newsweek, Popular Science, National Geographic, and Scientific American. And I read them all, along with at least two or three novels a week on top of my nursing classwork. The sheer amount of reading I do is ridiculous, but I'm an addict.

...my favorite books are all historical. "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich", "1776", and "The People's History of the United States" are my top three.

...all my friends refer to me as the "Walking Encyclopedia of Useless Knowledge". If you ever need to know the Academy Award winner for Best Song in 1939, I am your woman. ("Over the Rainbow" is the answer, by the way.)

...shows like "The Big Bang Theory" are hilarious to me, because some days, I'm just a walking Sheldon. It's embarrassingly amusing.

...I had no time for boyfriends or drugs in high school because I was too busy with things like science bowl, marching band, speech and debate, and academic olympics. I got a letter for every single of those for my high school jacket, by the way. I looked awesomely impressive.

..the best compliments I've ever gotten that have made me blush are all ones having to do with my brain. Like "Wow, I wish I could sponge up things like you do. It's kind of sexy." Hells yeah, that's me. Sexy brainiac.