Replies

• nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    It's good for:

Scrambled Eggs
    Spread on Meat and then grilled
    In coffee
    In baking

Really, in coffee? Interesting. Does it make the coffee have an oily type texture? I will have to try this!

I also like the idea of putting it on meat before grilling. I bet chicken would be fantastic, especially served with a mango salsa. YUM.

Yeah just mix it into a nice black coffee... I supose it does have a oily sheen but it tastes great!

I just spread it over the top of the chicken and then into the foreman or into the oven in foil.

Taste sensation! :D
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    As others have said I use it for scrambling eggs, sauteing veggies. I also used just this past weekend for making belgian waffles. Used coconut oil instead of canola, the waffles were light, fluffy yet crisp and delicious! As far as health benefits I've really just started using it so I haven't noticed anything there but it does make everything taste even better!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    It's good for:

Scrambled Eggs
    In coffee
    In baking

Really, in coffee? Interesting. Does it make the coffee have an oily type texture? I will have to try this!

I also like the idea of putting it on meat before grilling. I bet chicken would be fantastic, especially served with a mango salsa. YUM.

Yeah just mix it into a nice black coffee... I supose it does have a oily sheen but it tastes great!

I just spread it over the top of the chicken and then into the foreman or into the oven in foil.

Try Bullet Proof Coffee. I tablespoon Coconut OIl, 2 Tablespoons unsalted Organic Butter, 16 oz good organic Coffee in a blender till nice and frothy. Delicious and all you'll need until lunch. Lot's of Lauric Acid and Medium Chain fatty acids. Great stuff!!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    It's good for:

Scrambled Eggs
    In coffee
    In baking

Try Bullet Proof Coffee. I tablespoon Coconut OIl, 2 Tablespoons unsalted Organic Butter, 16 oz good organic Coffee in a blender till nice and frothy. Delicious and all you'll need until lunch. Lot's of Lauric Acid and Medium Chain fatty acids. Great stuff!!

Yes, I made this for the first time yesterday morning................It is delicious. Today I added in a couple tablespoons of coconut milk to go along with the butter and coconut oil.

I used to just drink black coffee with coconut oil, but then now I am turned onto adding the butter (I used Kerry Gold) and now the nice addition of coconut milk. I had 2 cups of coffee like this, this morning at 5:30 and it is nearly 7 hours later and I am still not hungry.
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    bump
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    :smile: Mens health magazine says a teaspoon on a morning.... thes full of medium chain fatty acid that helps break other fats down and is a great source of energy....thats what they say and it works for me !!!

So weird that this came up on the post today. My husband came home with a jar of it from the health store on Saturday and has been eating it with a spoon2x a day. He said is was supposed to help with memory. I'll let you know if it is working. Somehow I've never heard of it before until Saturday. I will have to try it in cooking.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Yes, I've heard that it helps with memory. But I keep forgetting to eat it!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I put about a teaspoon of it plain on my toast this morning (homemade bread that has cranberries and walnuts in it. YUM!). HOLY COW. It was phenomenal. I think I prefer virgin coconut oil over butter on toast, at least on this kind of bread. I'll have to try it on the multigrain next to see how that is. I am also wondering if mixing peanut butter and coconut on toast would be good. There is much experimenting to be done!
  • I keep a stash of it in my house. I used it for everything! Baking, Cooking, my body! LOVE IT!
  • bill_i_am
    bill_i_am Posts: 180 Member
    yes, I've used it for popcorn and it's terrific!
  • Petersbrandy
    Petersbrandy Posts: 6 Member
    I love it on a baked sweet potato. With a little sweetener (I use agave), it's better than the way I used to eat them- with heaps of butter and brown sugar. I also brush a little on corn tortilla strips and bake my own chips. So yummy! It's great on the skin, too.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    bump
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    How expensive is it? where do you buy it?
  • It's amazing mized with PB2 as coconut peanutbutter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you'll never go back!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I just got some today. I made some protein muffins with it and also have a little bit of psoriasis on my hairline I plan to use it on!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    How expensive is it? where do you buy it?

It should be with the oils in the grocery store or in the natural foods section. I bought mine at Whole Foods, Dr. Bronner's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil was on sale for $7.99 for a one pound jar. Their 365 brand was $6.99/jar. Make sure it is VIRGIN oil. The processed stuff is very bad for you (the kind of coconut oil they use in junk foods = trans fat city because it is hydrogenated).
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    bump
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    i use coconut vinegar as salad dressing.. its good no calories
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    I use extra virgin organic coconut oil and I feel a significant increase in my energy and I am MUCH less tempted to eat junk or overeat because my body wasn't getting enough good fats. It's supposed to be very beneficial for weight loss if you follow a low carb diet. I make my own chocolate from coconut oil - you just melt 5 tbsps of oil, add 6 tbsps of unsweetened cocoa powder, a splash of heavy cream, and add stevia and vanilla to flavor! It's amazing and I prefer to have my oil as an actual 'snack' instead of adding it while cooking a meal where I won't notice it. :)
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Does anyone use coconut oil? It really works? How much use? Any information is valid. I just bought one, but I still have many doubts. Thank you for your attention
    "It really works?" What does that even mean?

I use it all the time for cooking anything that needs oils. I'm reluctant to heat unsaturated oils, as they're more susceptible to oxidization. I have used extra-virgin organic coconut oil for years... "It really works" for eggs, fish, chicken, you name it.