Options
123457»

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    all that stuff above about slower metabolism is just bunk. everybody's metabolism slows down when you lose weight. there's less of you so there's less metabolism. if you're body goes into starvation mode, the slowest your metabolism can slow down is about 10% of what it currently is. if it slows down more, it means you're dead. organs need to run which requires metabolism. women probably shouldn't go below 1000 calories per day in food. men shouldn't go below 1200 calories a day in food. 500 calories deficit from what you burn is a lb. a week. so 1500 calories deficit per day is 3 lbs a week. if eating the minimum calories won't give you the 1500 calorie deficit, you have to make it up in exercise. use an app and a smartphone/watch to figure out the calories burned during exercise.

2014 thread, this time. Still a zombie.

I didn't read this whole thread, but often very old threads contain bad, outdated information.

There's no point in bringing them back just to disagree with them: It just makes new people here read the bad, old stuff.

Please don't wake up old threads. There are plenty of newer threads to post on. Or, start one of your own.

If you like disputing things, maybe start one over in the Debate area?

As an aside, in suggesting 1000 as a minimum for women, 1200 for men, you're suggesting minimums below what MFP itself recommends.

Well, maybe the Alli one as a cautionary tale. And I really hope the wolf spider one never dies :p

I absolutely agree with this, especially waking up threads just to disagree. I think sometimes though people type a question into google, a thread from MFP comes up and they create an account so they can comment. That's happened to me a couple of times trying to google nutrition information, though of course I don't create an account and start an argument :D So many of these threads are revived by people with one or two comments who never post again.

There's a wolf spider thread?