Angelina Jolie...just wondering

Options
baycat107
baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
I keep hearing how beautiful Jolie is, but to me it seems like she's anorexic or something. Way too bony. I just can't see that as beautiful. To me she's setting a bad example of body image. What do you think? ...just wondering

Replies

• DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I thought she looked a little....unhealthy. Not sure if it was a weight thing or what. Her hair looked super stringy and her skin isn't what it used to be. Angelina use to be so hot...not sure what happened.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Did you see her on the awards last night? Her arms are like literally skin and bones! I happen to love her and think she is a great actress, but yea she is WAAAAAY thin. It doesnt look healthy, and it does set a bad example for young girls.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Did you see her on the awards last night? Her arms are like literally skin and bones! I happen to love her and think she is a great actress, but yea she is WAAAAAY thin. It doesnt look healthy, and it does set a bad example for young girls.

Yes saw her on the awards, but even before just seeing her pics around, she just looks like skin & bones.
  • Jeyed
    Jeyed Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    She looked noticeably thinner to me than she did at the Golden Globe awards; and that was a short time ago. She looks like she's lost a lot of muscle tone and overall she looked gaunt to me.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Haha last night when we were watching the oscars I said "Dude! She needs to eat a burger!" and my husband disagreed, he said she looked hot.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i never got the angelina jolie thing. i was rooting for aniston. lol
  • youngtweezy
    Options

She's thin and it doesn't look great on her, but I don't think a lot of young girls are looking at Angelina Jolie as role model these days. They have the Disney stars and celebrities that star in movies age-related to worry about.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I heard at the awards that they were calling her stunning.....and then at other points were saying things like " I hope her arms don't snap they look so fragile"..... I think when people call her beautiful it has nothing to do with her figure but more her face and her as an actualy person....
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    She is naturally beautiful to me, however her weightloss is noticeable in health regards, but she still is beautiful to me
  • spiritcrusher
    spiritcrusher Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    She looks like she loves cocaine.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    She looks like she loves cocaine.

She used to be into heroin when she was younger. not saying she is now, but she definitely has underlying issues.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    she is too skinny but she is still beautiful!! She has a pretty face and hair and great fashion.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Did you see her on the awards last night? Her arms are like literally skin and bones!

literally?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Her arms look like my arms when I was a 60# eleven year old that just had a growth spurt. Not a good look on an adult woman. :frown:

I do really admire her posture, though. She carries herself well. Then again, if most of the world was always going on about how stunning I was, I might walk a little taller, too. :laugh:
  • BigTechGuy
    Options
    I like her as an actress but I agree a bit too bony for my taste. I like well-proportioned women.
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. She looked extremely thin and somewhat frail last night. My boyfriend was the one who noticed it right away. I personally have never understood the Angelina hype...
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I think she is very beutiful, but I do agree that she seems dangerously under weight, which she doesn't need to be she looks gorges with a little wieght to, but maybe it has something to do with all the work she does in countrys were the children are under feed, maybe she feels guilty eating an amount of food that will give her some meat on her bones
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    A thread on this topic was locked earlier today. In regards to that...I think it is sad that people have so much time on their hands that they have to bash on others. Angelina is that skinny because of her charity work. When she is getting ready to go do missionary work, she adopts the diet of the country that she is going to. She does not feel that it is morally right for her to indulge in lots of food when people around her are starving. While I am sad to see her too thin, it also brings awareness to the plights of underprivliged countries. **edited by MFP moderator**
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I'm all set with casper the friendly actress
  • KJVBear33
    Options
    HA HA........someone already posted this very thing and it got shut down.........there were over 150 posts!! People screamin' an yellin' at each other........someone decided that it was "bashing" when we were all talking about how very unhealthy she looked..........WAY too skinny.

Wonder how long the peace will last this time?