Angelina Jolie...just wondering

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    If she joined MFP at about 210, 215... counted cals, logged daily, joined the "Flat Tummy by the Oscars Team" group thread on the message boards, did Insanity and Px90 like a boss, rewarded herself with the adoption another orphan at 186, rewarded herself with divorcing Bill Bob Thorton at164, rewarded herself with another tattoo when she got down to152, and that dress that she had on was her reward for making it down to 138, would all you haters still be blowing her a bunch of *kitten*?

Nope. You'd be pouring love all over her profile. "Ooh, girl, you rocked that dress last night!" "You big red carpet diva... Don't let anyone tell you you weren't sexy!" "Awesome determination!" "How to you stay so lean!??!?" 'XoxoXoxO smooches! Love your look!"

Can it. It's just jealousy and hate and pre-judgement based on what you see - the same thing you rail against in every other thread on this board. All of y'all.

AGREED!
  • Angelina is skinny for a cause - as I'm sure you know, most of her children have been adopted from poorer countries. She's also traveled the world doing charity work in 3rd world countries. Husband Brad Pitt told a reporter that she doesn't eat because "if the kids in Africa can't eat, I won't eat either." He said that she eats enough to survive and get by, but doesn't eat in excess.

Just food for thought here :-)
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/09/angelina-jolie-starving-herself-for-cause-report-says/

This link popped up in yesterdays thread as well. I hope she gets help for her eating disorder.

I would think her money would go a long way towards feeding the hungry.

Fox News is not a reliable site.

Whereas the others are? LOL

I'm saying none are. Fox it incredibly right wing. All news is biased but Fox are known to be among the worst.
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    It cant be she has a problem gaining weight cause she use to be a healthy weight! During the tomb raider movies and wanted she was off the charts hot!! I love her. I like what she does and how she thinks. How she works with people, but yeah something is unhealthy there. I see the look of muscle loss and a lack of nutrients everyday almost. Hopefully this is a wake up call for her. she is a mom now.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Did you see her on the awards last night? Her arms are like literally skin and bones!

literally?

^ ROTFLMBO!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love her. Yes, I think she's intense and that's what I love about her. Never boring, like that bora$$ Aniston.
    Good move Brad!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    If she joined MFP at about 210, 215... counted cals, logged daily, joined the "Flat Tummy by the Oscars Team" group thread on the message boards, did Insanity and Px90 like a boss, rewarded herself with the adoption another orphan at 186, rewarded herself with divorcing Bill Bob Thorton at164, rewarded herself with another tattoo when she got down to152, and that dress that she had on was her reward for making it down to 138, would all you haters still be blowing her a bunch of *kitten*?

Nope. You'd be pouring love all over her profile. "Ooh, girl, you rocked that dress last night!" "You big red carpet diva... Don't let anyone tell you you weren't sexy!" "Awesome determination!" "How to you stay so lean!??!?" 'XoxoXoxO smooches! Love your look!"

Can it. It's just jealousy and hate and pre-judgement based on what you see - the same thing you rail against in every other thread on this board. All of y'all.

This. It's nice to see a guy's perspective on this as well.
  • LJGmom
    LJGmom Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    All news is biased ALL. You are only getting opinion on any network. Angelina is weird. That is MY opinion. I don't like her, never have.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/12/09/angelina-jolie-starving-herself-for-cause-report-says/

This link popped up in yesterdays thread as well. I hope she gets help for her eating disorder.

I would think her money would go a long way towards feeding the hungry.

Fox News is not a reliable site.

Whereas the others are? LOL

I'm saying none are. Fox it incredibly right wing. All news is biased but Fox are known to be among the worst.

Dear God!

Well if you read the link you would see that Us Magazine is the credited source. MUCH more reliable, wouldn't you agree?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    It cant be she has a problem gaining weight cause she use to be a healthy weight! During the tomb raider movies and wanted she was off the charts hot!! I love her. I like what she does and how she thinks. How she works with people, but yeah something is unhealthy there. I see the look of muscle loss and a lack of nutrients everyday almost. Hopefully this is a wake up call for her. she is a mom now.

This is not a true statement, actually. I was a healthy weight of 125 before and lost 25 pounds due to stress and depression within 3 months or less and it took 3 YEARS to put that weight back on.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I think she's beautiful, but not my type. I don't particularly like her, but I think she is a very good actress.

I don't think anyone in here has a right to judge her concerning body image issues. Why are we all here, afterall.

I think she probably contributes more monies personally and generates even more revenue for charitable organizations with her endorsements than any 5,000 MFP members.

I don't agree with all she does or the organizations that benefit, but the recipients of her deeds probably don't care about her self-image issues.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    i never got the angelina jolie thing. i was rooting for aniston. lol

Agreed! Aniston looks so much more healthy and beautiful!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I love Angelina. Do I think she looked a little thin? Yes. However, we are used to seeing a MUCH MORE MUSCULAR Angelina. She isnt doing the crazy action movies anymore. She isn't working out for HOURS a day. So yes, her muscle tone is gone. She has a GAGGLE of children now.

I agree with the person who said, if she was a MFP friend of ours, we would be singing her praises right now.

Worry about your weight and leave Angelina alone.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I think she's a beautiful woman, albeit a little on the thin side right now. Maybe it's for a movie roll????
  • nmcmahon
    nmcmahon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! All this Angelina discussion and these thought provoking comments. I think she'd like that. She's naturally thin. She's probably like most of us, sometimes up, sometimes down. Right now she's down, weight-wise. Whether she's to your taste or not, she's a beautiful movie star, and her life is not like a normal person's.
  • nmcmahon
    nmcmahon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Damn. But honestly, I would like to see that. Not necessarily Angelina, I'd like to see any famous person use MFP to get down to fighting weight for an awards show. Pretty cool.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Honestly...I've tried to like her but I can't get over it stealing someone's husband and bragging about how her kids have a film (Mr. and Mrs. Smith) to see where their parents fell in love. Brad Pitt was married during it!! What a slap in the face to Jennifer Anniston. I don't even like Jennifer Anniston that much.

But that being said...yes she is not really attractive!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    She's been looking unhealthy for years. It baffles me how she got pregnant & carried 3 babies, especially the twins.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

This doesn't make any sense... she is not 138... she is not even 125. Just looking at her, she seems to spend most of her time weighing less than 50kg, possibly less than 45.

This thread is about how people perceive Angelina - whether they perceive her as too thin, or not too thin. It's purely qualitative opinion, and comparing ones own opinion with others to check what society's perception of her weight is.

For me, as a woman, it is a healthy thing to see that lots of women and men consider that weight to be unsettling.

Additionally, most commenters seem to adore her and her work, and show concern, both for her, and for her influence over others.

None of this sort of discussion is bad.

Personally, when I see her I feel unsettled, which makes me worry for her. I worry to see her portrayed negatively, for her sake, or positively, for the sake of women. I hope to see people just leave her alone and let her get on with her own life, so usually I would not state that her image unsettles me.
  • kailysimpson
    Options
    who cares...?