Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Options
I would love to hear from women who eat 1800 calories or more a day, know your story and how much weight loss you have had. Pics would be awesome. I have just upped my calorie intake , done starving myself !!

Would love some encouragement or pics of your progress ..... show us how eating your calories work !! :smile:

Replies

• Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump. I am in a cut cycle so my calories are lower than usual but pretty much all my friends eat more then 1800 calories a day so i hope they see this :)
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in "maintenance" with an estimated 1700, so with exercise calories, I'm usually over 2000. 39 years old, 5'5 and currently 132#, but not concerned with the number on the scale at all.

During the time I was losing, I was usually around 1800+.

She's^^^^ pretty much my inspiration. =)
  • deanaimee
    deanaimee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear the responses, too :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 34 years old and 5'5" and currently weigh 123. I'm eating about 2000 every day - a little more or less depending. I have a BMF and use that to see my daily burn and am trying to keep my deficit very small (250 calories/day). I'm starting marathon training this week so I expect my eating to increase some over the next couple months as my mileage picks up. I also cross-train (usually spin class) and lift weights 2x a week.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am on maintenance and eat 1780 on rest days which is once a week usually. The other days I eat 2000 or more calories depending on the workout I did that day. Still seem to be slowly losing inches lately despite eating my maintenance calories. :smile:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I am on maintenance and eat 1780 on rest days which is once a week usually. The other days I eat 2000 or more calories depending on the workout I did that day.

what were you eating for calories when you were trying to lose weight ? I am asking cause you are in maintenance now.
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't stay under a certain calorie amount and I've lost plenty.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I weigh 125 lbs and I am 5ft 4 inches tall.

I eat 1800-1900 calories/day. I try to eat as close as I can to 1900 on lifting days.

I eat about 1700 calories on my rest day...which is Sunday.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    5'10" and eating 1900+ per day. My weight loss ticker should tell you how I feel about weight loss.

Also: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17-women-eating-2-000-calories-per-day
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    I'm currently in "maintenance" with an estimated 1700, so with exercise calories, I'm usually over 2000. 39 years old, 5'5 and currently 132#, but not concerned with the number on the scale at all.

During the time I was losing, I was usually around 1800+.

She's^^^^ pretty much my inspiration. =)

Mine too. She's amazing. :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a minimum of 2300 a day, more when I workout. I am breastfeeding, which accounts for part of it, but even without the extra calories for that, I'd still be over 1800. I'm 5'7, and currently 207.8, having lost 4.2 pounds since joining a few weeks ago, and down almost 8 since the beginning of the year.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I was maintaining I was eating up to 2000 a day, now I'm "bulking" so eating up to 2300 a day.

I'm pretty small too, so I think people can eat a LOT more than they think they can. There is an initial weight gain/bloating for some, and I think that scares them off.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and eat about 1800. Especially when exercise calories are added in. Not sure what I weigh as I gave up my scale for Lent. I didn't drop a pound since october but went down a pants size and a half while lifting heavy. My legs are lean and muscular and make me happy. I have "impressive " biceps when I flex yet my arms are smaller and fit with space in previously tiny sleeves.