Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Replies

• kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    I eat around 1700+ a day.
    I work out and try burn at least 400-500 every 3 days or so. Then the other days I'm at work as a waitress where I burn over 1000+ but i only log half.

I'm 21, 122lbs. Maintaining
  • carisle
    carisle Posts: 25 Member
    This is a very interesting topic to read. I struggle with reaching enough calories most days. But after reading these replies I think I might need to raise my daily goal and work harder at fueling myself.
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Bump! Thx all! I'm working on new calorie goals!
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    bump
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    i eat approx 1800 cals a day, never going below my BMR which is 1560, if i exercise i eat about half back.

ive lost 7.5 pounds in 35 days, and i feel good. rarely hungry.

i am seeing how it goes....!

im 5ft 9.5
  • EllaScarlet
    EllaScarlet Posts: 165 Member
    It is SO GREAT to hear that lots of other women eat as much as I do and are still losing/maintaining. I eat around 2000 cals, every day, and have lost 5 lbs since I started tracking my food on MFP (and it has only been about two or three months). Sometimes I think about it and cannot fathom why I am losing while eating such a good amount of food - I love it!!

I am 5'9 and started at about 150, started tracking at about 146 so that I really knew what I was eating, and am down to 141 now. And aside from the number on the scale, I feel MUCH healthier and happier, more energy, and more confident and in control of my body.
  • flea
    flea Posts: 56 Member
    I used to eat 1200-1500 cals a day but my weightloss was NIL, I found the fat2fitradio podcasts and listened to their advice and upped my calories slowly to what their calculator worked out for me (much higher than MFP's). I'm now eating anywhere between 1800-2300 cals depending on my activity for the day. My weightloss is now happening again after months of nothing. YAY :) I don't know how I survived so long on so few calories (and no wonder my hair fell out and my skin was horrible).

My stats - 30yrs 5ft4in and about 174lbs. I'm lifting weights now so not too worried what I weigh at the end and now focusing on my bf%
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Maintaining for 18 months now 5ft 3ins and 124 lbs i eat around 1900 to 2000 cals a day . I say around as i don't count calories any-more but know from my food choices . I actually have to watch losing too much now as a few pounds under goal weight can make my face look gaunt and i work out lifting and cardio 3 days a week . Lost 4lbs suddenly the last 2 weeks as was mad busy and as i only weigh once a month didn't notice till it was said to me . Eating extra this week which wont be a problem .
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    People eating more than 1200 calories, feel free to add me :)!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    I'm training for the Marathon and am eating at maintenance (though I'm still set to lose 1lb a week, so it looks like I go over most days). On exercise days I eat a minimum of 1600 and as much as 3000. When I was aiming to lose I'd regularly fluctuate back up by as much as 7lb, now I'm almost exactly a constant weight and looking forward to losing the last 7lb AFTER the Marathon. Food is fuel people!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I finished my bulk in the new year and have been cutting since 2nd week of Jan.

I'm on 2000 net calories a day, so usually 2000-2600 depending on exercise. This has made me lose 5lbs in 7 weeks - although I'm sure a little of that is water.

I don't have pics yet as I still have around 10lbs to go, but I'll no doubt post pictures when I'm done cutting.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Bumping so I can read later! :happy:
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Yeah !! It's so awesome to hear from all of you !!
    I now have mine set at 2000 and yesterday I ate and ate and ate and still only made it to 1800. Think I am going to have to buy some more protein powder and start making some shakes to up my calories.

I stepped on the scales this morning ( I know bad, but had to do it) and I am back down to my lowest weight even after eating all of that food yesterday, I had been going up and down 1.5lbs for 2 weeks. So hopefully some loss seen in a few weeks :)

I ran harder and faster last night than I have ever run...... could it have been the fuel ???? oh hell yes !
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    I am over 1800 for maintenance. I am sedentary at the moment (healing from surgery) but plan to work up to becoming extremely active.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Im currently on 1750 so hope thats enough for me to post!!

MFP gives me 1650 for 1lb/ week / 1200 for 1.8lb/week.

Ive never eaten much less than this since starting MFP in October, however exercise has pushed my net cals to around 1200. some days, and I lost 24lbs from October - January.
    I injured my knee at the end of january so have had to seriously cut back exercise, I didnt want to make myself more miserable by having to totally cut down my food too so i thought well i'll stick with 1750 and just lose 1lb instead of 2.
    The first week i gained 0.8, but the last 4 weeks I have lost 3, 1.5, 2 and 3 again today! Thats proof enough for me that higher cals works :-)
    Im only doing minimal exercise at the minute, so net comes out about 1600, so when I can get back to my usual workouts ill definetly be increaseing cals further to keep net around this level!

My diary is open if you want a look. I do have 'treats' several times a week, but I balance it out by (mostly) hitting my macros and getting plentyof fruit & veg in.

If you are having trouble getting cals in, try adding calorie dense foods like olive oil, peanut butter, nuts, avocado, whole milk, 'full fat' instead of 'light' products, etc.

ETA - Im 5'5, 30, 211lbs and have a desk job so activity level is sedentary.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    I'm currently at 1850 + exercise cals. so roughly 2050...small deficit. I have energy and stamina. I'm also 48 years old, for what it's worth. Weight: 130, Height: 5'5"
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    I eat between 1600 to 2000 most days (sometimes alot more), I try and eat back my exercise cals. I'm 5ft 8" 146lb and an Irish size 10 - 12. I lost the bulk of the 33lb with ww, but was starting to get hungry, put it into mfp and was only coming in around 1000 cals most days, was shocked and annoyed at myself.

I am no longer hungry, I'm full of energy, my skin hair and nails are healthy looking. I feel like I am feeding the whole family better. I've just taught myself how to run, finished a 5k fun run and I'm now training my my first 10k race. Can't wait. Also have sent hubby to sports shop to replace my silly little 5lb weights for something with a bit more strain.

Befriend me if you want. I'm on everyday, and with the exception of the weekend just passed I log everything! xx

Oh and sorry have no pictures, always hid from the camera when I was over weight.....have lost aound 16" round my tummy though, have the start of some little abs showing through. Proud of myself......well yes, two kids and in the best shape of my life :-)
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    I don't count calories anymore, or use the food diary on here anymore, so I've no idea. But when I DID used to log I was set at 1700kcal, and went over so consistently I stopped counting. It's easy to get freaked out seeing the little numbers turn red, and get obsessive about it.

Nowadays I log the occasional day just to check I'm not veering wildly off-track, but mostly just stick to eating healthily, avoiding processed food and sugar, and lifting weights twice a week. Still losing weight. It's good to be able to do it without being paranoid about numbers all the time, I got into this terrible mindset where less was better, and if I'd reached calorie goal I wouldn't eat no matter how hungry I was. Not good. Better this way.

At a guess, my daily cals vary from 1600 to over 2000, depending.
  • I eat about 2,500 calories per day. I work out every day and burn about 500 calories per workout. I lost 20 pounds eating 1,800 - 2,000 calories per day but now am maintaining my weight at 2,500.

I am 5'3", 117 lbs.