Women who eat more than 1800 calories a day !!!!

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Check my ticker, there's my proof, lol

(not updated until after lent is over)

my calorie count has been ALL OVER THE PLACE the last year. I am coming up to one year of being on MFP

I found that I am comfortable eating between 1700-1800 calories.

yesterday I got fed up with MFP (I'm only half crazy:laugh: ) so I jacked my calories goal up to 2,000

I love carbs, I don't like being hungry, I like results, protein is awsome, cardio and strength is awesome, overall health is, oh yeah you guessed it, AWESOME.

you can get results on higher calories, food isn't the enemy, abusing food is
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    I'm in maintenance at the moment with about 1,700 calories/day allowance. I usually eat between 1,800-2,300 with exercise.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    You rang? I went from 235 to 153. I am 5' 9". Pics on my profile, feel free to FR. I lift and cardio quite a lot and eat over 1800 whilst cutting.
  • bump
  • tarachamp
    tarachamp Posts: 41 Member
    great post! bump for later!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I have been aiming for a net of 1,600, but now that I'm at goal I'm bumping that up to 1,900 to see what happens. No pics yet.
  • friendlyvirgo
    friendlyvirgo Posts: 16 Member
    After about a month of eating between 1,800-2,300 calories a day I have lost a pants size.

What I think is better is that I have plenty of energy after work to work out. It's not a struggle to get off the couch at the end of the day any more.

Wow....this is the only response that matters. Love this ^^
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    I eat at least 1600 calories on none workout days. On strength training and long cardio days I am around 2000 calories or more. I can burn 500 calories in a hour. I have lost 1.5lbs a week at this rate. I played around w/ my calories for awhile to see what works for me. Good luck If anyone wants to add me I have 65lbs to go!!!!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 535 Member
    Yeah !! It's so awesome to hear from all of you !!
    I now have mine set at 2000 and yesterday I ate and ate and ate and still only made it to 1800. Think I am going to have to buy some more protein powder and start making some shakes to up my calories.

I stepped on the scales this morning ( I know bad, but had to do it) and I am back down to my lowest weight even after eating all of that food yesterday, I had been going up and down 1.5lbs for 2 weeks. So hopefully some loss seen in a few weeks :)

I ran harder and faster last night than I have ever run...... could it have been the fuel ???? oh hell yes !

I love this!!! Im in maintance and feel so guilty when I eat back my exercise cals, and eat 2500 a day!! But after reading that most of you eat it back and still lose, this has made me feel so much better!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    I eat 1600-2100 calories in a typical day....
    sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw: 198.4
    LOST - 105lbs
    29 y/o female, 5'6''
    workout 6-7 days a week - cardio 6-7 days a week + strength training 2-3 days a week.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    I've just recently bumped my calories up to 1700 as I started Jamie Eason's live fit program. I love food and don't understand why people think they need to be starving to lose weight. I'm more focused on what I eat rather than calories these days.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I eat around 1600 net; total is usually 1800-1900 with exercise calories added in. And I'm losing an average of about a pound a week.

13438744.png
  • JeceCanDoIt
    JeceCanDoIt Posts: 26 Member
    Great post. After my audition this weekend I am going to up my calorie intake...although I don't really get hungry at 1200-1400 cal/day...I just eat small meals and drinks protein shakes all day. Eating a plant based diet and absolutely no processed or refined foods, along with my vitamin and green tea supplements give me plenty of energy to workout 1.5-2 hrs a day.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    I switched to 1800 a day a week and half ago along with a strength program and higher protein diet. I dropped 3.4 lbs in the first week, guess I was carrying a lot of carb bloat :smile: It really is a struggle to make the change, though, after so many years of calorie counting (restricting) and crazy cardio sessions! I'm really happy to see so many others eating higher amounts, it really is encouraging.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    You guys are ALL so very inspiring !! I am loving the responses ! Makes me more sure of my decision to eat more. It just didn't make sense to me to be working out as hard as I am and not eating....

I can't even tell you how good that run yesterday was and how STRONG I felt.... my legs were like pistons... bahahaha
    ( not really but felt like it)

Please, if you fall into this category please keep adding your stories !!
  • I almost felt guilty upping my calories, but at 5'7" while training for a marathon and lifting weights twice a week, there's no way I can cut back to 1500 or less. I have my diary set at 1600 calories which I eat on 1-2 days a week. The rest of the week I'm working out and will need to eat some of those exercise calories back otherwise, I'm insanely hungry and tired...and grouchy. Sometimes I'll still go over on those 1600 days, but if I am truly hungry and know that I have a tough workout the next day, then I don't stress if I go over a little bit. That being said, last weekend I went a little crazy with going over and even though I burned a ton of calories on Sunday, Friday & Saturday were a bit excessive :ohwell: I also think that it really depends on where you are getting your calories from not just how many you're eating. I think it's safe to assume that when we're referring to 1800+ calories, they aren't coming from Mickey D's or the Girl Scouts.
  • tabinmaine
    Yay! A thread where the women don't starve themselves and care about having a HEALTHY wight (loss) goal. And a few here who look like they might even lift the occasional weight :)

Ya, just a few of them have ANY muscles hahahaha :tongue:
  • tabinmaine
    I almost felt guilty upping my calories, but at 5'7" while training for a marathon and lifting weights twice a week, there's no way I can cut back to 1500 or less. I have my diary set at 1600 calories which I eat on 1-2 days a week. The rest of the week I'm working out and will need to eat some of those exercise calories back otherwise, I'm insanely hungry and tired...and grouchy. Sometimes I'll still go over on those 1600 days, but if I am truly hungry and know that I have a tough workout the next day, then I don't stress if I go over a little bit. That being said, last weekend I went a little crazy with going over and even though I burned a ton of calories on Sunday, Friday & Saturday were a bit excessive :ohwell: I also think that it really depends on where you are getting your calories from not just how many you're eating. I think it's safe to assume that when we're referring to 1800+ calories, they aren't coming from Mickey D's or the Girl Scouts.

but I like Mickey D's dammit !! LOL

I actually went and got my favorite coffee and breakfast wrap this morning, the one I have been doing without for the past 3 months.... that will help with the calories, difference now is that I actually workout and earn the right to eat that damn breakfast combo..... unlike the past 4 yrs lol
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Hi! When I started my journey last year I was depressed and tired all the time at 158lbs (5'6", 38) and frankly, didn't eat enough: 1200 + exercise calories... but I reached 130 lbs and had started "eating my muscle mass" before I consulted a trainer/nutritionist (Sept. 2011). With his guidance, I cut down to 124 lbs while eating 1650 calories. I returned to see him in Nov. 2011 for phase two: bulking, and have been eating at least 1860 calories since then. I am currently fluctuating between 124-127 lbs (darn hormones!), lift heavy at home on weekends and attend a 90-min kick boxing class on Tuesdays and Thursdays :bigsmile: I have never felt better! Two all-important lessons I have learned: Food is fuel, and strength training and cardio go hand in hand :glasses:

Note: I had never looked at the calorie value of the foods I ate before mfp... no wonder I couldn't keep the weight off!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Such an awesome thread...you rock girl. So happy there are more eaters out there. It saddens me to know it took too long for me to see the light and trying to convince others has been a struggle but I will continue to spread the word. Girl you know my story but I have been eating anywhere from 1800-2600 depending on workout but no less than 1800 a day. I never carb binge and some days I am just downright sick of eating but I so much rather be on the side of always been full than always being hungry. I have lost on avg of about .5lbs a week over the 11wks I have upped...but I have lost the binge monkey, I have lost inches, I am almost back in size 4 slacks, gained great muscle tone, lost visible fat that my hubby has commented on...and I feel so much better and am lifting some serious weight now that I have the fuel to do it. Ladies can push weight and I encourage all to give it a go...right now my bench is 115lbs, leg press 190lbs, curls 25lbs...and I am working to keep adding 5lbs each workout. So I am way heavier but way smaller at the same time....love it!